Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

Plus shipping and handling... Even though its a download. :(
Haha, Thanks Greg! I thought I copied the whole post but must have missed that :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

They would never do that to us! I think with the hard copy manuals (granted that is if they do work out the details and decide to publish them) the aircraft price may be at or over $100USD.. RSR said before the aircraft wouldn't be over $80 by itself though. I haven't seen anything on the $70 price point. The price will obviously be justifiable no matter where the final price is set. With some of the stuff that has been talked about I look at $100 as reasonable for what they are doing with the bird, and that is without them even revealing the whole kit and caboodle. Cannot wait to play with the HUD and the vertical terrain system in really bad CAT III conditions.

You forgot:Plus shipping and handling... Even though its a download. :(
This just in....PMDG has been bought out by Ticketmaster. So, in addition to the above, there's also a $9.95 "convenience charge" per order.

To The Development Team:I know you guys are probably sick to death of the "whats gonna be in the box" questions, so here are a couple of my own-I just got my 737 300-900 endorsement 2 weeks ago, so i kind of know a thing or two about the jet, i was just wondering...Autoflight:FMC:1)What version of software does the FMC have? 2)Will I be able to fly non precision approaches in VNAV & LNAV with the computer following an accurate glide path?3)Will the N1 value shown on the N1 limit page vary depending on whether i've got the packs on or off?4)Will there Be more FMC messages incorporated? i.e BUFFET ALERT, EAI ON ABOVE 10C etc etc?5)If i leave it high on the profile, is VNAV PATH going to dive for the profile, and let the speed pick up until momentarily going into the clacker before it reverts mode? 6) If VNAV senses i'm high on the profile and not descending will it go into energy compensation/conservation mode?MCP & Autopilots& Autothrottle:1)If i switch AC source on the same side as the active autopilot, will it disengage?2) If i'm out of trim, or have any control force on the wheel, will the autopilot still be able to engage? or will it ignore the command selection?3) When the autothrottle is in "RETARD" mode, and i close the thrust levers fully will it switch immediately to "ARM" mode and leave them closed or will it try and bring them back up to where it wants them? (it does that in the current PMDG 737NG)Systems:Hydraulics:1) If i depressurise the A system for pushback, as i repressurise during my after start flow, am i going to hear a little thump as the nose gear pressurises?2)Will Manual Reversion be Modelled :)?APU:1)Will the relevant bleed air and electrical limits regarding altitudes be modelled?2) Will the once a flight "Autoswitching" feature be modelled if i take off with the APU on the busses with both IDG's running?Other System Things:1) If its a hot day, am i going to see the window heat "ON" lights modulating? (maybe even an overheat on a sunny day or at high altitude with direct sunlight?)2) When i advance the thrust levers, am i going to hear the airconditioning noise increase momentarily in the flightdeck?3) Will i hear nose wheel "scrub" noise during taxi with a sharp steering angle4) Will i be able to disarm the autobrakes by lowering the speedbrakes on the landing roll?I know this is a pretty intense list of questions, but i, and a lot of my collegues would find this a very useful tool and also just that little bit more realistic. The screenshots do look fantastic especially liked the switches missing the white rubber nib on them! Very authentic ;)Keep up the awesome work, Tawanda

Hahaha, I find it funny how your first sentence reads..."I know you guys are probably sick to death of the "whats gonna be in the box" questions, so here are a couple of my own"So in other words, hi guys, I know your sick of people asking tons of questions so due to the fact that I know that, here is a list of my own,,, classic.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hahaha, I find it funny how your first sentence reads..."I know you guys are probably sick to death of the "whats gonna be in the box" questions, so here are a couple of my own"So in other words, hi guys, I know your sick of people asking tons of questions so due to the fact that I know that, here is a list of my own,,, classic.
To be fair a lot of the other questions are about when its gonna be released... i didn't ask that, so hopefully they will indulge me Tawanda

A very funny way of putting it. I got a good chuckle out of this.However, with that being said, I like every single question he asked, and while I am sure PMDG are sick of answering these questions, I am going to ask that they answer these forthwith in their next NGX update.And for the record, if the answer to each of those questions is a "Yes", than the label "EPIC" will fall terribly short. If God himself was to come down to earth and give us a flight sim addon plane, it would be this one.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I honestly think that some things are better left unsaid, but that's just me. I think they are modeling more than enough from what has already been said and again TO ME, it is sad that people push, especially when it gets to the point someone may find something isn't modeled then some people pick it apart and show no respect at all. Most PMDG'ers are not pilots, they are simmers only, who may have never stepped foot in the air (hmmmmmm). I prefer to read much after the release when pilots or whoever seems to know a lot about it, drops by and enlightens us on it with a "Wow, I can't believe they modeled this!" type of post. Again that's just me. With some of the peoples posts we read everyday it just seems no matter what they say they have modeled, some people seem to get hung up on what they didn't and that's plain dumb. You're buying a simulator addon aircraft guys... some people act as though they deserve a million dollar simulation for $100, and in asking questions the way some do, to me is saying you're not doing enough, which is incredibly wrong in itself.Anyway, like I said, it's just me probably, but I really am the type that rather be surprised anyway, and as I learn what I have under my fingertips, sit back and just be in awe.

Dan Prunier

This is what ###### me off to be honest. Promises of RSR about an update in a few days. Probably "few" means something else in PMDG-Language.Just don't promise the update and there won't be a problem, but if you say that we get an update soon, then give us an update...Dion Mollert
You have a reasonable point - but this is pretty normal for PMDG. We've been through this with all of their releases... frankly, the MD11 was the most excruciating, however, with it, they produced "the bar" in heavy-iron addons. So, my guess is that's what we'll see this time. However, it is common for "more this weekend..." to turn into next month or longer.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest yankeesji
I think a lot has to do with ifly 737 announcing their intent to release their 737 for FSX. PMDG probably don't want to release specific details until just before release, which i can understand.
Did they say when they would? I just was trying to find that yesterday.

I honestly think that some things are better left unsaid, but that's just me. I think they are modeling more than enough from what has already been said and again TO ME, it is sad that people push, especially when it gets to the point someone may find something isn't modeled then some people pick it apart and show no respect at all. Most PMDG'ers are not pilots, they are simmers only, who may have never stepped foot in the air (hmmmmmm). I prefer to read much after the release when pilots or whoever seems to know a lot about it, drops by and enlightens us on it with a "Wow, I can't believe they modeled this!" type of post. Again that's just me. With some of the peoples posts we read everyday it just seems no matter what they say they have modeled, some people seem to get hung up on what they didn't and that's plain dumb. You're buying a simulator addon aircraft guys... some people act as though they deserve a million dollar simulation for $100, and in asking questions the way some do, to me is saying you're not doing enough, which is incredibly wrong in itself.Anyway, like I said, it's just me probably, but I really am the type that rather be surprised anyway, and as I learn what I have under my fingertips, sit back and just be in awe.
I agree for the most part with what you said. I see those type of questions all the time in scenery developers forums. People ask if this building going to modeled, or is it going to have the double jetways, etc., then when the developer says no, they get mad and say, you just lost a customer or something to that effect, all over one little thing. The thing that's funny to me, especially when it happens with an addon scenery that is great looking and there is no other option to choose from, I think to myself, so your going to stick to the FSX default version over this really good looking version just because one little building or feature is missing?Frankly I feel that as simmers the quality of stuff we get from most developers like PMDG is awesome considering the low price we pay for this stuff. Whether or not all those features are going to be modeled that the other guy was asking about are probably features that most of us that dont fly that plane in real life would never know even existed. In addition, even if we did know about them, what other choice do we have for a 737 besides iFly and Arian, and frankly I doubt either of those offerings are going to be more feature rich than the PMDG version.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is there a specific reason why we are left with no nesw for weeks now ? I smell a releasssssssssee !!!

too much, too soon....

I smell a releasssssssssee !!!
Keep sniffing cause it probably wont be ready for another month or two.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

fixedI am of the belief that you are going to have to pay over 100 bucks to fly either the 737 or the 777 when it finally comes out for real.
No not at all,Vinc said that they are aiming for the 50dollar mark, similar to the md11

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK