Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

I know this is a pretty intense list of questions, but i, and a lot of my collegues would find this a very useful tool and also just that little bit more realistic. The screenshots do look fantastic especially liked the switches missing the white rubber nib on them! Very authentic ;)Tawanda
Hi Tawanda,Very "intensive" indeed. Are you working for a low cost airline trying to cut costs on real simulators? :( Just imagine the poor PMDG developpers reading you list just a few weeks before release :" Oh my god, we've missed all these points !":( But I agree with Dan's and Sean's comments. Very impressive list of questions but hey....:( Having said that, congratulations for your "endorsement" (whatever that means, does that mean you are qualified as a captain or FO?)Bruno

Wow Fellas, i think you misunderstood, the whole tone of my post is more cheeky than demanding, in a lighthearted way... Whether or not it has any or all of those features (i'm pretty sure it will have a lot of them anyway) i'll be getting it and hopefully i'll be able to help guys out here with the learning curve when it comes out. Things like the autopilot engagement can be a real gotcha and would probably warrant a thread like "Autopilot won't engage, it might be a bug" i know thats what i turned and said to the instructor the first time i was in the sim! Anyway, i wasn't trying to ruffle feathers here, just being nosey :)Happy Landings!Tawanda

Very "intensive" indeed. Are you working for a low cost airline trying to cut costs on real simulators? :( Bruno
have a look at his avatar, if I'm not mistaken ................. ;D

Just imagine the poor PMDG developpers reading you list just a few weeks before release :" Oh my god, we've missed all these points !":(
Realistically now, much of what he asked was actual system logic from the actual plane. We can safely assume all that will be in there, from the experience with MD-11. Not sure about some of the sounds, but the systems most probably will be fully and completely modeled. Don't forget the "transient failures" mention which should require fully realistic systems.

Guest _Steve_

Price?...Why wounder ??....I'll sell my car if a have to!!!This product look so amazing, i almost getting a H***on!Now, my question is about the FPS...wounder if is gonna take alot of FPS??There is a new flightsim in development...i think PMDG need to hurry...i'm not sure about anything, but installing add-ons on the brand new Flightsim.....could be a problem...or?..Steve

Just imagine the poor PMDG developpers reading you list just a few weeks before release :" Oh my god, we've missed all these points !":(
I hope you wrote this as a joke. Don't forget that Robert is a real pilot on the JS41 too. Please do a search what Robert is on the real B-747, if you don't know that, :(.@ TawandaIt's always great to see real pilots on the forum here. It's from such people like you that we can learn a lot.I fully agree with Dan about your first sentence, that's the best one I could read in months, hehe.@ SeanFully agree with you too.

Vinc said that they are aiming for the 50dollar mark, similar to the md11
Since when is the MD11 $50?I would have got it already if PMDG sold it for only 50 bucks, that is cheaper than the Level D 767. Which where I figured my wrongly guesstimated price for the NGX. I figured, if Level D is still charging 55 dollars for their five year old FS9 port over full of bugs, then fair market value in relation for the NGX would have to be near $120, but that guess work is faulty as it would mean Level D Sim and PMDG are equal competitors, which is of course not even close to the truth.+1 for a $70 NGX! Means I have some extra cash I can spend on some more add-on airports!

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I hope you wrote this as a joke. Don't forget that Robert is a real pilot on the JS41 too. Please do a search what Robert is on the real B-747, if you don't know that, :(.
@ Peter (and Eric) : This is in no way detracting on anyone’s qualification, dedication or talent. Any simulator developper has got to make choices – and compromises. Even for a top of the line sim like those PMDG produces, there is no way – and no need – to fully reproduce 100% of the functions of a system. Whether they do an arcade game or a “hard core” sim, developpers decide on what is important, and what is feasible and then then go for it.@ TIM (have a look at his avatar, if I'm not mistaken ................. ;D)In fact, I hadn’t paid attention. Interesting, indeed !@TawandaNo misunderstanding at all on my side. But I am still confused by the term “endorsement”. Is that a line type/line qualification?Rgds,Bruno

Now, my question is about the FPS...wounder if is gonna take alot of FPS??
this add-on will require a medium to high powered system to run. for a medium computer you will need to reduce almost all of FSX's graphic settings to compensate. it should be worth it though.zach

I see that this thread is only 3000 views below the next above it for third place. So that will bring the Top 3 most viewed links about the NGX. As others have stipulated, that may trigger the next new thread/update? Hehe, I don't think it has anything to do with it, but thought I'd mention it :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I see that this thread is only 3000 views below the next above it for third place. So that will bring the Top 3 most viewed links about the NGX. As others have stipulated, that may trigger the next new thread/update? Hehe, I don't think it has anything to do with it, but thought I'd mention it :)
only 2999 to go :(

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Well 4/5 invove PMDG! That is either good or bad. Raised%20Eyebrow.gif

Well 4/5 invove PMDG! That is either good or bad. Raised%20Eyebrow.gif
If they start a new thread for the next preview they could have all five. Theres some good motivation to give us an update! Big%20Grin.gif