Sign in to follow this  
out

Antalya X released!

The patch does not solve low fps problem.
It was not meant to. It was prepared to solve some problems with AFCAD, night lighting and flickering textures due to elevation (flatten).Edin, give the guys some time, it was released two days ago! :(

I for one decided that I will not purchase anything from Aerosoft untill they fix Schipol and Orly. I've been buying blindly all of their release this past year, especially in the spirit of supporting fs9, but that's gone too far. Major disapointement with Luxembourh, Schipol, Orly etc...The only refreshement had been Barcelona (Simwings is a no brainer) and also Munich.I am also tired of doing free beta testing after I cashed out.
What you posted is exactly how I feel. Like you, I feel like buying any of their new stuff when it first comes out is like being a beta tester and seems like each new scenery has more and more complaints about FPS being bad, even on FS9 which usually you can run anything with good FPS.
I've been extrememly furious to get replies like 'your PC is slow' when reporting FPS issues by one of their developer.
LMAO, you must be talking about Peter Werlitz. I have noticed that every scenery that he has had his hand in has had problems, including NiceX which I own for FSX and is really bad on FPS compared to major hubs like FSDT KJFK or KORD. I've also seen them say to people who have VERY power computers that their computer might be too much for the scenery and that is why your having problems. So, either you rig is too powerfull or advanceed or it's too slow. Either way its the customers problem and not fault of Aerosoft designer.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest belga1

Hello,

I've also seen them say to people who have VERY power computers that their computer might be too much for the scenery and that is why your having problems
:( :( :( Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hi guys.Any solution for low fps at Antalya.
Just out of curiosity, where is that 'low fps' area? I finished three flights from/to Antalya with feelthere E-195 and with Wilco 734 and I had no dramatic drop of framerate, landing and departure on runway 18C is with no framerate hit, through approaching on runway 36C is noticeable slow-down through short final, but by my opinion still acceptable.Yes, the framerate could be better, but I am satisfied with this scenery, also because it's a nice location between Europe and Near East.

And lets be fair -- every major software company in existence releases products to the public that still has to be tweaked; sometimes for the life of the product. Anyone ever hear of a little package called Windows? Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

Lets be fair indeed Chuck, you cant compare an operating system and a small piece of addon FS scenery: a scenery for fs9 (a seven years old soft) that gives pathetic performances is not something that needs 'tweaking', it's something that basically doesnt work. It's not a bug: it's a scam. Especially when the company reproduces the error release after release during a whole year.

Lets be fair indeed Chuck, you cant compare an operating system and a small piece of addon FS scenery: a scenery for fs9 (a seven years old soft) that gives pathetic performances is not something that needs 'tweaking', it's something that basically doesnt work. It's not a bug: it's a scam. Especially when the company reproduces the error release after release during a whole year.
I don't want to enter into a debate with you, Arnaud, but I believe it's you who is being totally fair. ALL software developers have been know to release what some might call "crap ware" simply because there aren't enough Beta testers on the planet to recreate every situation/build that will happen in the real world after release. I think most of us simmers are just more impatient because we all actually PAY for this stuff. Just%20Kidding.gif

I don't want to enter into a debate with you, Arnaud, but I believe it's you who is being totally fair. ALL software developers have been know to release what some might call "crap ware" simply because there aren't enough Beta testers on the planet to recreate every situation/build that will happen in the real world after release. I think most of us simmers are just more impatient because we all actually PAY for this stuff.
I think that what Arnaud is getting at is their track record as of late hasn't been so good at producing sceneries that not only look good but perform good as well. Personally, I would have to agree after what I have been reading on their forums lately when new products launch. I know it must be bad if FS9 users are complaing about FPS since you can pretty much throw anything at FS9 with todays computers and get good FPS in it.The thing is FlyTampa or FSDT probably could have made any of these sceneries and while there maybe a few little things that need to be fixed after release, one of them probably wouldn't be that the FPS are horrible. As of late i'm to the point where the only scenery devs that I feel I can put a lot of faith into putting out good looking airports that dont kill your FPS are FSDT, FT, and LatinVFR. On top of that, the customer services is really good at all three of those developers and you can talk to the people who make the stuff rather then going thru Shaun at Aerosoft who relays the complaints to the developers.I think the main problem over at Aerosoft is that since they are a big operation, with a good size office, etc., they need to keep pumping stuff out to be able to make a profit and stay in business. Granted they do some commercial stuff as well, but a constant revenue stream is probably more important for them to stay in business than it is for smaller shops like the ones I mentioned before who probably have fewer employees and less overhead. Given that its easy to see why Aerosoft has to keep producing at a breakneck pace even if it means lower quality sceneries. The result is to release quickly and fix later once the money has started rolling in.Just my .02, but that's how it seems to me.e

I'm not going to say whether this is unfair, fair or whatever, but I do think it's unusual that Aerosoft manages to release scenery after scenery that has FPS problems, no? Look at other developers. FlyTampa releases good scenery after good scenery. So what's the problem with Aerosoft? Why do they have problematic releases? EDIT: Ah, cmpbellsjc beat me to it :-)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I wish I could lock this thread but I can't.I wish I hadn't even started it. I'll think twice next time.

I wish I could lock this thread but I can't.I wish I hadn't even started it. I'll think twice next time.
Why? Nothing bad has happened here and the discussion has been pretty civil. Frankly almost every thread started about a product these days ends up in some type of debate of why its either a good product or a bad one.

I was stationed in Turkey for two years...loved every minute of it. Turkey/Antalya is beautiful, love this scenery, hoping for more Turkey scenery!

I wish I hadn't even started it. I'll think twice next time.
THAT's the problem! Please don't think twice, Rafal. Thank you for this post. The fact is I understand what everyone is trying to say. The other fact is I've never had any major problems with their sceneries. Indeed, I like all that I've bought from them! :(

Come on, Rafal, why? I for one appreciate when some news are given here at avsim about recelty released I may have missed, so no problems with your post, and dont feel guilty about anything (unless you're getting paid for doing that of course, which I doubt). No one has any intention to bash Aerosoft here. We're just stating facts, facts that you admit yourself. I dont think there is any problem posting in clear and simple words that this venerable and number one company in our hobbyhad been goofing this year repeatedly and that many of us faithfull customers had been strongly dispapointed by their latest releasesand more importantly by the way they dealt with the issues brought to their own forums.That is business: you cant always stay on top, and that is normal. Being not as good as before isnt a problem provided you can still listento critics and manage to sort the problems before it's too late. Want it or not, the attitude of some devs at Aerosoft had been unacceptable recently.The thing is, s someone wrote it here, perhaps Aerosoft got too fat and a little bit too much 'business' oriented.

Let me just say from what I have seen all over the forums aerosoft seems to have problems with there scenery done in-house for some reason. they seem nicely detail and some with great textures. Thats just my opinion, as I do not have any of there in house or internal team projects. Rafal I wouldn't let it bother you its one of the reasons were here in the forums to discuses and agree or disagree as long as its civil and with respect.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.