Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

MD11 MCphat liveries released!

2windows.pngSorry to say, you are mistaken.The maxload settings are vital.BUT:They are only vital when a high defenition paint is also of higher quality.Here two exits on 2048x2048 one with maxloadsetting 1024 the other on 4096.Keep in mind you only can see quality when there is quality , just blowing up textures will give no result.A high res paint should be build from scratch adding all fine details.Just blowing up a rivet does not help, it will still be a big (to big) rivet on the plane , we have to make the texture bigger and keep the rivets small.Only then you have real high res.Making a high res paint is impossible without a complete custom made high res paintkit.Including high res bumpmapping files and special adapted specular files.When tiny details and wellshaped rivets are not present on the textures and bumpmaps they will never show up in the sim , no matter the setting of maxload.Check your files and see the little details , you must see them in the sim too.There is no need for me to load a plane in the sim , having a look at the files can give me plenty of information about how its going to look in the sim.Nevertheless I load planes in the sim and I always see what I was expecting to see after looking at the files first.Saying , maxloadsettings do not influence the the quality of the plane , is`nt a real compliment for the painter.If maxloadsettings do not matter to a paint (advertised as High Res)...... the paint.....is`nt worth these settings.Its just.... a bigger download.But as I said before you must be mistaken.( the same files in my PC really need the higher settings)Your HD paints really should look better with higher maxlaodsettings.Best regardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I think these might just make it worth for me buying the MD-11. It always was one of my favourite aircraft but never got round buying one cause I didn't like the textures at all (sorry PMDG).
You should it's a great plane...
I don't own the MD-11 but I am hoping that McPhat does some liveries for the upcoming NGX when the paintkit is released. The difference is striking. I have the free AA for the CaptainSim 757 and they look incredible.
Thanks... appreciate the kind words..
You know Dan, the same thought crossed my mind right before I bought these. I just assumed if he was selling them, then he had to have worked out an agreement with PMDG. Is this not the case?Brandon Burkley
We can't sell any of PMDG's textures, unless we have some sort of agreement like the ones we have with Captain Sim, or FeelThere or Wilco or Flight1 or Coolsky. They basically let us do new textures as an added value, but don't have us replace ALL their textures. It saves us time, especially when the textures are already of a good quality. In return they ask either exclusivity or some sort of fee, depending on the developer/publisher. So in this particular case, we opted to replace all textures which we added to our installer. So you're not buying a single PMDG made pixel, all is done from the ground up, which was necessary anyways. As you can see from the screenshots in our shop or forum, we show them with our own leading edge slat textures, but as the leading edge is part of the map that also holds the gear (etc etc) textures, we did not add them. We will however offer them as a free download, hereby not violating PMDG's wishes. Besides that, the stock leading edge slat textures look pretty good...
Payware paints, give me a bloody break.
BREAK!
im sure its legit, these have been in the public for ages.I agree with the first posters, the difference is absolutely stark, honest to god it looks like a new airplane, it really does
Thanks, really kind of you to say.
You did not buy the md11 because you did not like the textures ? You missed out a lot.Ok the pmdg textures are nothing much to look at but the md11 is great.
I agree on all counts... The plane is great as well..
I do not mind paying for paints if that is the only way to get them and what I am paying for I want really bad! I bought a set of McPhat paints for the CS MD80 because the set had a Continental paint that I really wanted and the McPhat set was the only place I could find it.Rod Storer
We did about 30 odd freeware liveries for the Super 80, both Classic and Pro. I can't imagine we didn't do the Continental livery?! Also, you should check the forums, this guy named John made like a gazillion liveries for both the Classic and Pro.
Never experienced any OOM problem with the big ones.
Me neither
I agree with Lee. Where are the cargos? I will wait until then.McPhat's repaints are great. I have all three packages for CS 757-200 plus three AAL liveries in UHDT from McPhat Studios.
Freighters are last in the line.. Thanks, really appreciate it.
I think they are all really nice. They would KILL my system which is built around FS9 and runs FSX barely good enough
Thanks, now sell your car/house/body and come on over' to the FSX side then...;)

Gents-Thanks for the "heads up." As those of you who wondered about PMDG's EULA suspected, these repaints were created in violation of the main MD-11 EULA, and are sold in violation of both the main MD-11 EULA and the PMDG MD-11 paintkit EULA.I think it speaks very poorly that a company with an otherwise good reputation would elect to disregard the stated desires of the developer. They didn't even have the courtesy to *ask* if we would provide them with a variance on the EULA. (We would have...)Unfortunately we have seen this type of behavior coming, so the pieces are already in place to deal with it.Shame... This is one of those cases where asking permission would likely have been met positively, but asking forgiveness instead will not be so simple.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

All involved,Robert and I have had positive contact on the matter.We are looking at an amicable way to resolve this. In good spirit, until we have so, we are taking the packages off-line. Terrence KlaverweideLead Designer McPhat Studios

Hi,I would like to add my view as a new PMDG customer, I bought the boxed version of the MD-11 just the other week from an internet flight store. The main reason for me buying the PMDG MD-11, which is btw the same reason I bought Coolsky's Super Pro 80 & Captain Sim's 757, is that I saw McPhat were releasing several World Airline liveries series in HD, as they did for the S80 & 757. When last year I saw McPhat's very first HD & UHDT work for the S80, I fell in love with the beauty of these liveries from the moment I laid eyes on them. I am a sucker for visual details, especially tiny details, like texturing/models/lighting/shadows etc, which contribute to liven up the world of flight sim to us users. So I for one will certainly be hoping that the outcome of this issue will be a positive one, for both parties concerned, and that I will have the choice of buying the McPhat HD livery packs soon.Kind RegardsPatrick Van Der Nat aka Soya.

Gents-I've been a bit busy this morning with some house-guests, but I got a very nice email this morning from Terrence- and as he mentioned above we'll have this thing sorted out in no time.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Really fine shots showing fine planes.There are however two questions left :Is`nt here a difference afterall when you zoom in more ,more preferably on a plane with fine platelines and rivets.The other question is did you ever install a tiny program called Texture Maxload Editer and forgot about it.Once I did and wondered why textures always looked so good no matter what settings I made.The answer was simple , I edited the cfg with a low value and after that during the FSX startup my little misterious friend pulled the settings up.This maxload settings thing is something in the FSX engine itself , wich means it cannot be your hardware being so friendly.( as far as I know)I really wonder.Talking about the shot showing the green engine.When it is a high rest paint on that one , with rivets , they should be showing on the screen.They do not , so this is high res without rivets or....they just do not show.The brown twin shows us some rivets and bumpmapping but I do no see high resolution.The lines are quiet vage and I do no see crisp circles aroud the rivets, no chipped edges no scratches.On the screens I do not see high res paintwork .The textures may be high res by there size , not by their artwork or just not showed by your system.Best regardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

You know what im sick of all this slating of other peoples work , first off if your happy with your sim then good for you now we as painters provide paints for FREE to the community and it can take hours even days to paint . Ive not had one complaint about my latest paints for the MD11 .Also ive been reading in forums that i used McPhat to learn how to make HD textures , what a load of rubbish if you check the CLS forums i made a HD VC texture set for the CLS DC10 about two years ago so why would i need to learn how to make HD i mean its not rocket science . The reason i finished at McPhat was because i have a family with another on the way and painting and moderating forums and so on i just cannot dedicate the time needed to paint when requested , i can only paint when I want too . I like everybody at McPhat Terrence is a great guy and i hope to see the MD11 paints by McPhat because i will be purchasing most of them .Its not Hollywood man its frickin Flightsim , a hobby its not real , im sick of it all to be honest . All the posts about the reasons i left McPhat are utter rubbish . Enjoy my paints that i have done because thats it no more im done im out .... PeaceLee Marrow

All involved,Robert and I have had positive contact on the matter.We are looking at an amicable way to resolve this. In good spirit, until we have so, we are taking the packages off-line. Terrence KlaverweideLead Designer McPhat Studios
Terrence,Just want to say thanks for dealing with this in a professional way. You guys do good work, though I do admit I think there's too much of that shine effect going on where it looks like the plane's covered in ice or plastic. If you toned that down some I think it would actually make it look a lot more realistic - your level of detail under that shine is very very good though. I have a feeling you guys will be pleased with the extreme resolution we're going to allow for with the NGX textures.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You know what im sick of all this slating of other peoples work I am certainly not slating other peoples work.I stated on the post above those maxload settings really show details on your work as your work is high res including the artwork.I have some of your High Res paints on my computer and I see high res paintwork.Nevertheles when someone is showing screens wich are not showing hi res paintwork , I am just explaining what the cause might be of not seing hi rest paintwork.Nothing more and nothing less.Thats not slating , thats just explaining.The reason why I explain this all is the fact someone on this forum says for him the setting of the maxload settings does not matter.And they really should matter , as I showed on my screens , you simply see the difference. ( They matter for REX too )When they do not matter ,there is something wrong.Best regardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Terrence,Just want to say thanks for dealing with this in a professional way. You guys do good work, though I do admit I think there's too much of that shine effect going on where it looks like the plane's covered in ice or plastic. If you toned that down some I think it would actually make it look a lot more realistic - your level of detail under that shine is very very good though. I have a feeling you guys will be pleased with the extreme resolution we're going to allow for with the NGX textures.
I am glad this has been sorted out, a little bemused why it wasn't brought up with pmdg before development started.However seems from the comments given, that the matter is on the tracks of getting resolved, and i hope WDC2 go on sale, becuase i am anxious to purchase :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

We did about 30 odd freeware liveries for the Super 80, both Classic and Pro. I can't imagine we didn't do the Continental livery?! Also, you should check the forums, this guy named John made like a gazillion liveries for both the Classic and Pro.
I wanted the current Continental paint scheme, not the old one. I looked all over and could not find it, I posted in the CS MD80 support forum, all responses were that there was no freeware paint in the scheme that I wanted and the only way to get it was from McPhat, someone from McPhat even posted a link to the package.Rod Storer