Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

MD11 MCphat liveries released!

You can download a bunch of HD paints from Lee Marrow right here in the avsim library and they are free!
And they are really good, too.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

And they are really good, too.
They are indeed, but some people need to pay for something I guess to enjoy it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I do not mind paying for paints if that is the only way to get them and what I am paying for I want really bad! I bought a set of McPhat paints for the CS MD80 because the set had a Continental paint that I really wanted and the McPhat set was the only place I could find it.Rod Storer

I picked'em up... Very nicely done. Lots of tiny details compared to to the already very good Lee Marrow's HD repaints. Still thinking some improvement have to be made on the wings textures though... Oh and, very interesting price. dry.gif

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Hi there all,I just thought I'd show you all a few screenshots I've taken since investing in these HDT repaints, to give those of you who are not sure if you would like to buy them a little taste of what awaits if you do decide to invest! In my humble opinion, these are well worth it - but don't let me try and persuade you, I'm hoping the piccy's will do that for me!McPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201a%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgMcPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201b%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgMcPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201c%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgMcPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201d%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgMcPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201e%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgMcPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201f%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgMcPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201g%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgMcPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201h%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgMcPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201i%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgMcPhat-PMDG%20MD-11X%20%28HDT%29%20-%201j%20-%20FINAL%20AVSIM.jpgHope you like them as much as I liked making them!Regards,Tom.

Very nice screens alltough the resolution (of the screens) is a bit low.Something caught my eye and the was the fact several people on this form are talking about McPhat as "he".McPhat Studios is not a "he".McPhat Studios is a real company with a team of painters.Regards Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I think i will pickup the second package somethings im not sure of though which have already been mentioned like the ooms at 4096 . MD11 wings are flat and smooth there is no arch which the shadow suggests . The reason i did my HD set at 2048 was because of the oom problem . Still they look fantastic i like the guys at McPhat i did spend over 6 months there . They have done a great job and im glad i will still be doing mine though .Nice job McPhat what about the cargos .... Coming soon ?Lee Marrow

Thats good to know Leen , i guess i will find out later when the next package is released .Lee Marrow

Very nice screens alltough the resolution (of the screens) is a bit low.
Thanks Leen, much appreciated. The reason I put the screens in a low resolution was because I wasn't sure what the maximum size could be on the forum (I couldn't find it in the forum rules - probably me being a newbie, I expect!) - the originals are 1900x1200 (or thereabouts).Anyway, thanks again.Regards,Tom.

Resolution looks great but they look all glazed over which I can't stand :(
+1. They sure is shiney. To each his own. I'm happy with the stock repaints from PMDG. And, since I fly from inside the cockpit, I rarely see the exterior. The only reason I download them at all is to have the ATC callsign, which I realize you can do without repainting, but I'm lazy that way.

I think i will pickup the second package somethings im not sure of though which have already been mentioned like the ooms at 4096 . MD11 wings are flat and smooth there is no arch which the shadow suggests . The reason i did my HD set at 2048 was because of the oom problem . Still they look fantastic i like the guys at McPhat i did spend over 6 months there . They have done a great job and im glad i will still be doing mine though .Nice job McPhat what about the cargos .... Coming soon ?Lee Marrow
I agree with Lee. Where are the cargos? I will wait until then.Right now I am using Lee's repaints exclusively on the MD-11F.McPhat's repaints are great. I have all three packages for CS 757-200 plus three AAL liveries in UHDT from McPhat Studios.Michael Cubine

I think they are all really nice. They would KILL my system which is built around FS9 and runs FSX barely good enough, but still the one question I would have is if these paints are ok with PMDG themselves. Has anyone actually heard an answer about that? They would have to have an agreement with them specifically I suppose. Not trying to be a buzzkill, but it IS a valid question.

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Bill, I know Ryan has some things about how they don't especially like these repaints (or maybe its just him), but I don't think I've ever seen them accuse them of violating the EULA on the paint kit, for example. Presumably they do them from scratch.

Thanks Leen, much appreciated. The reason I put the screens in a low resolution was because I wasn't sure what the maximum size could be on the forum (I couldn't find it in the forum rules - probably me being a newbie, I expect!) - the originals are 1900x1200 (or thereabouts).Anyway, thanks again.Regards,Tom.
I think we should try to keep the size acceptable and set the maximum at 1024 pix width for hot-linked images .For normal linked images max 1600pix width.For images uploaded to the AVSIM server max 1600 pix width ( these will be shown reduced to 1024 pix and can be enlarged by clicking the image.)

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints