Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Resize iFly 2D Panel

Hi, guys. I'm not a panel developer in the least so please excuse me if this is a rudimentary question.I would like to resize the iFly 737NG panel to 1/2 height and eliminate the annoying center post and hand hold, and have the window only the height of the actual panel itself. When I open the panel.cfg in FSPanel Studio I see that the panel "background" itself is not a traditional .bmp image but a full blown gauge. The PFD and other flight instruments are separate gauges. When I grab the panel gauge from the top, of course FSPanel Studio doesn't eliminate anything, it's designed to just compresses the gauge and the holes and placement areas for all of the other instruments simply ovalize so that's not working. I didn't really want to ask this over at the developer's site yet because they're pretty focused on more general fixes and service packs, and I thought there might be a straight forward, generic way to do this that I don't know about.As always and in everything, thank you in advance for any help.Chuck

Smooth Skies! -- Chuck B.

MACHINE 1:FS2004/WinXP Pro 64, Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Clocked to 4.35 GHz, Corsair H50, Asus Maximus Formula, 4GB PNY XLR8 DDR2 @1067, ATI 4870 and 4650, WD Raptor 10K RPM 160 GB HD, Seagate 500 mgb 32mgb cache, 2 Analog 2HTGs w/ 3 19" I-INC flat panel monitors 1280x1024x32, and 1 17" at 1280 x 1024, PC Silencer 750 Quad, FSPassengers, FSUPIC, (Payware), WideFS

MACHINE 2: Dell Dimension, P4, WideClient, FDC Live Cockpit, Pro Flight Emulator, Active Sky v6.5

MACHINE 3: ASUS u81A Laptop, Windows 7 (what a joke!), WideClient, FlightSim Commander

Chuck,The 2d panel .bmps for all the iFly 737 versions are actually part of the respective gauges. If you want to modify the 2D panel it's necessary to extract the panel .bmp for editing.FS Panel Studio gives you the option to extract and edit a .bmp. You'll need Photoshop, or whatever, to do the modifying. Save the mod in your editing program then save in FS Panel Studio. There is a separate .bmp for each lighting condition so you'll have to work on all of them to see your mod at any hour of the day.The iFly gauges can be resized to fit a modified .bmp with FS Panel Studio.Needless to say, iFly will not provide support for such things. Make and keep a backup of the original gauge in a safe place - not the FS gauges folder - before you start.Jim Harnes

If it is a C gauge, resizing the "bitmap" will adversely affect all of the other 2d gauge elements, such as switches, buttons, knobs, et cetera......not to mention totally destroying most -if not all- of the mouse control points......none of which is "fixable" using FSPS. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Thank you both for your time and input!

Smooth Skies! -- Chuck B.

MACHINE 1:FS2004/WinXP Pro 64, Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Clocked to 4.35 GHz, Corsair H50, Asus Maximus Formula, 4GB PNY XLR8 DDR2 @1067, ATI 4870 and 4650, WD Raptor 10K RPM 160 GB HD, Seagate 500 mgb 32mgb cache, 2 Analog 2HTGs w/ 3 19" I-INC flat panel monitors 1280x1024x32, and 1 17" at 1280 x 1024, PC Silencer 750 Quad, FSPassengers, FSUPIC, (Payware), WideFS

MACHINE 2: Dell Dimension, P4, WideClient, FDC Live Cockpit, Pro Flight Emulator, Active Sky v6.5

MACHINE 3: ASUS u81A Laptop, Windows 7 (what a joke!), WideClient, FlightSim Commander

I wanted to do something similarIn my PMDG I edited the BMP files by e.g "earsing" the center pillar etc in photoshopAfter reading the 2nd post. I opened the panel in Panel Studio,all I get is PS closing to desktop if I select any window, except e.g. the yokeeven with the yoke panel displaying, the edit BMP is greyed out ? :(

Jan Jacobs

Make certain after editing, that you save as 24-bit RGB .BMP format.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz