Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

I wrote it wrong, you are both right. i mean that i have no money for upgrading my computer now. I don't use PC for heavy programs but FS. So i never needed a so up to date computer to speed it at muximum speeds.I know that "$$$ dollars" is wrong, but here in Italy you have to think that we have higher costs and also a lot of speculation on computers. The price of components here is 20% higher than in US or other part of the world (except Europe, where the prices are little higher everywhere). In fact, we are also one of the more degraded country in electronic and technologic aspect of life.All those factors affect my FS-experience. I spoke about TrackIR because i used before the Hat-switch on my CH Yoke, but i find it a bit "innatural". Add this to the bad performances i achieve and you sum up like me that it's better to use 2D.The VCs are something amazing, i know that. If one day i will manage to buy a good computer i will never fly again in 2D. PMDG, as like as VRS, reached higher and higher levels of datails.My previous post was written badly. It reflect a personal reason about why i don't fly VC yet. Big%20Grin.gif(Reading it again now show me that i wrote a personal feeling just like an universal post, sorry for that)Cheers,
5 minutes on ebay.it found plenty of machines that will fly FSX very nicely indeed for €600 or less. If you are happy with older stock, €400 should get you some very reasonable kit.

5 minutes on ebay.it found plenty of machines that will fly FSX very nicely indeed for €600 or less. If you are happy with older stock, €400 should get you some very reasonable kit.
You're completely right! Never thought to find some good PCs on eBay (mostly because of bad experiences in the past...).It was my fault, now i will find out something good for FSX and then, the most important, raise some money...Big%20Grin.gifCheers,

I only really started using the VC after I purchased the PMDG J41. I just got the Trackir 5. Just waiting for the postal service :( Can't wait to play around with it
Once you've got used to the Trackir 5, you'll wonder how you ever managed to fly effectively without it.Excellent piece of kit :(

A question to Ryan or Vin please ! Can i fly the NGX with real wetter? The 747X have a problem with there. I fyl with OpenClouds he updating every 5 minutes and fixes the fog bug in FSX. (its freeware) The good thing on this i can remove the highlevel wind than i can fly my B747X with real wetter. Thanks! and ps. become the NGX a gangways for After and backdoor exit? 577_800_X2_GALLERY_AIRstairs_FWD.jpg( yes since B727 , and DC9 the NG have an airstairs airline optionale included (Ryanair) !Best regardsChris
Why are you posting a pic of the Ariane 737 in a PMDG forum?

i have asked for front and after door gangway via rampmanger ( BAe JS4100 same ) best regrads

Hey guys, just some questions I was wondering these days. As a simulator pilot I sometimes use (a lot) of keys to activate some of the things like the throttles (f1,f2,f3,f4) instead of moving each of the throttles with my mouse. About the brakes, I use the (.) key but i never knew where the actual brakes are. I know about parking brakes, ok, but about the "normal" brakes? I heard one time that the brake funciton is activated by pressing the two rudder pedals at the same time, is that true?About the wheels, I read that some if not all of the jet fighters have to brake before retracting the gears for they stop spinning and don't damage something, the normal jets have to do something like that?And the last one, is there any mechanism to prevent the nose gear from turning when on takeoff or landing roll?Sorry about the questions but they are really bugging me and I think it's way better than the same ***** questions about release and updates.Thanks for who reads and more thanks for who replies!!!Bruno.

Hey guys, just some questions I was wondering these days. As a simulator pilot I sometimes use (a lot) of keys to activate some of the things like the throttles (f1,f2,f3,f4) instead of moving each of the throttles with my mouse. About the brakes, I use the (.) key but i never knew where the actual brakes are. I know about parking brakes, ok, but about the "normal" brakes? I heard one time that the brake funciton is activated by pressing the two rudder pedals at the same time, is that true?About the wheels, I read that some if not all of the jet fighters have to brake before retracting the gears for they stop spinning and don't damage something, the normal jets have to do something like that?And the last one, is there any mechanism to prevent the nose gear from turning when on takeoff or landing roll?Sorry about the questions but they are really bugging me and I think it's way better than the same ***** questions about release and updates.Thanks for who reads and more thanks for who replies!!!Bruno.
1) Yes, all the aircrafts brake with the two rudder pedals. The left for brakes on the left main gear, the right for brakes on the right main gear. No brakes on the nose gear, for everyone, from little Cessna to 777. (the rudder pedals also control the rudder on the tail of the aircraft...)2) The need to brake after TO to stop wheels rotating is a normal procedure. As far as i know every aircraft have to do that, not only jet fighters, also the little C182R with fixed gear. ( the one i'm studying on...Big%20Grin.gif)Cheers,

All aircraft brakes work in the manner as described above... The only differences you will usually find is whether the brakes are pressurized through the main hydraulic system, have their own pump, or they are just free standing master cylinders (like on the H-60). You can either use each brake independantly (to control turning as in a tail dragger), or you can press them both at the same time to stop an aircraft. You also must depress the brakes at the same time, and pull/push the parking brake handle to engage the parking brake. Then on the H-60 to release the parking brake you just depress the left rudder pedal. Not sure how it works on big jets. In FSX I just click the parking brake handle or tap the rudder pedal to release the parking brake... I highly recommend getting a joystick Bruno as that greatly increases the joy of flying in FSX. My next big improvement was when I got rudder pedals, and now after many years I have a dual throttle where I can control the 2 engines independantly. And it is no problem Bruno. We are always glad to answer peoples questions around here.

So if I understood correctly as you brake you also move the tail rudder? Or there's a switch button or something like this to change function? And how common is the use of different throttle levels in the different phases (taxi/flying) I mean more power in one engine than in another (except in non-normal procedures like engine fire...)? Is it helpful?And about the braking after takeoff, why do you havee to do this even in the little ones (fixed gears)? About the joystick, I always flew on the keyboard (WHAT?) that's what I heard every time I said that to my fellas on the multiplayer sessions, and believe me I could fly a 737 pretty well with the keyboard and an old notebook that runs FSX with 4~5FPS or about 10~15 in cruise and CAVOK hehehe. After some time I flew on a "real" PC and I could never fly that way on my notebook again. At this point I borrowed my brother car joystick and using the brake/accel pedals to rudder and the 4 ways gear changer to fly. Actually looks like an Airbus hehe but that's ok I'm saving some money to buy a new PC to run smoothly this baby ngx (I think it deserves Big%20Grin.gif) and saving a little more to buy it heheThank you so much guys for making my flight experience even more real and awesome!!Best regards,Bruno. <-- A happier Flight-Simmer

So if I understood correctly as you brake you also move the tail rudder? Or there's a switch button or something like this to change function? And how common is the use of different throttle levels in the different phases (taxi/flying) I mean more power in one engine than in another (except in non-normal procedures like engine fire...)? Is it helpful?And about the braking after takeoff, why do you havee to do this even in the little ones (fixed gears)?
Actually, there's no magic button. What differ the rudder function from brake function is the way you step on the pedal. When you want to move the rudder, you push the entire pedal and when you want to brake, you push only to top part of the pedal. Differential thrust is more useful in large airplanes, because it can reduce the turn radius on the ground, but I think that any pilot use differential thrust during the flight, unless you lose an engine or the flight controls. About the after TO braking thing, I know it's a normal practice in planes that have retractable landing gears, but I don't know anything about the non-retractable ones.You may be thinking about how they move the nose wheel to turn the aircraft. There is a thing that is simmilar to the steering wheel you have in your car, but it is not totally round. There is one beside each pilot. I don't know if the small planes have this, but all the big jets have. It would help if someone could post a picture of it here.

Matheus Mafra

No you don't push on the rudder to use brakes! We use what we call a "toeing action" whereby you press on the top part of the pedals with your toes in order to activate the brakes. If you are just activating one side you need to hold the other rudder pedal with your foot so that you don't activate the rudder (tail rotor in my case).. On our pedals we also have AFCS trim (autopilot basically) release switches so when you push the yaw pedals it will disengage the trim hold, and when you release it will hold the position it was released at. We also have radio and ICS (talk to the other crew members) foot switches on the floor so the crew can do either or.

Wow, cool things that you can't lean in a simulator like fsx!!! I'm really amazed.Matheus (my bro name also hehe) I actually knew about the steering wheel (one of my question to some of my friends), what I mean is, a way to prevent the nose gear to turn in the takeoff phase (hitting some "hole" on the runway for example) like happens sometimes with our cars, we have the steering wheel but if you are straight on a highway an let the wheel loose it wil kinda shake and sometimes take you for a slight turn (or a hard one in case of some highways like some of the Brazilian ones hehe I know, brazilian guy speaking hehe).Thank you again to make my life brighter!!CheersBruno.

Bruno,Keep in mind that a car usually is just a mechanical linkage system. Aircraft such as the 737 nose gear steering systems are strong hydraulic systems often running at approx 5000psi. Someone with a captain set of manuals correct me but, I believe the tiller steering system locks at 80kts+

On most modern aircraft, when you place the landing gear handle in the up position the brakes are applied with a smaller pressure to stop wheel rotation.The nose wheel steering is not de-activated at 80 knots, it is just inaffective. after that speed you have to use rudder deflection to control the aircraft!

Bruno,Keep in mind that a car usually is just a mechanical linkage system. Aircraft such as the 737 nose gear steering systems are strong hydraulic systems often running at approx 5000psi. Someone with a captain set of manuals correct me but, I believe the tiller steering system locks at 80kts+
I really hope its limited to 3000psi the tubes is not holding on higher pressure ;) i think both the 787 and A380 have higher pressure (6000psi) but im not a technician on those, so i never checked, but 3000psi is the normal pressure on aircrafts and have been the standard for a long time.On another note, most aircrafts will allow you to do minor steering with the rudder pedals on the nose wheel about 15 deg give and take a bit depending on type, but as others say above a certain speed it will simply not do anything depending on aircraft weight, runway conditions and a lot of other factors.On moderne airliners the brakes will be activated automatically when retracting gears, i cant say anything about small general aviation or military since i dont have any experience working with those type of aircrafts.Parking brakes are simple, A318-321 and A330-340 works but a handle that sends an electrical input to the parking brake or brake manifold that will actuate the piston and apply parking brakes (318-321 runs half pressue of the hyd sys and the 330-340 runs full pressure wich is why we manually use the brakes when doing high power assurance test on the 318-321. the B737 and MD80 for that matter is "fly-by-steelwire" and you have to press the brakes to engage the parking brake handle, then the handle will make sure a certain input is mechanically made to the braking manifold, and when releasing the brakes you just push the brakes pedals again.