Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Huge Sinkhole

Depart L08 airport, go east about 10-15 miles.I have this massive sinkhole in the earth, depth of minus 30,000 ft lolI use Ultimate Terrain X with GEX USAdeathvalley.jpgdeathvalleytopdown.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I got this after installing UTX. Sure spoils my flights anywhere near the Salton Sea/Imperial Valley.John

As the Salton Sea is on the San Andreas Fault, I guess this means the fault has dropped the floor of the sea at that location. It certainly wasn't that deep before. I wonder if this a portent of things to come?My wife is pleased that we no longer live in California.LoydI have UTX also... I don't see it but I do use FSGenesis mesh in place of default...

Guest Georg123

i have a lake where that hole is supposed to be...

Depart L08 airport, go east about 10-15 miles.I have this massive sinkhole in the earth, depth of minus 30,000 ft lolI use Ultimate Terrain X with GEX USA
I have UTX, FSGenesis, but not GEX and I don't get that sinkhole. what version of UTX do you have?

i have a lake where that hole is supposed to be...
Ditto, its the Salton Sea.Can't be too sure what the issue might be but take a look at scenery library and priority of the scenery layers. Your UTX sceneries should be just above the default layers.GTX I believe would not impact this issue.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

This was addressed in the very first update to UTX-USA. That's been at least a couple of years ago? Time to update, Ryan!

This was addressed in the very first update to UTX-USA. That's been at least a couple of years ago? Time to update, Ryan!
Bah - I have the very latest n greatest file. I recently formatted my machine to install Win7 x64. I downloaded a fresh UTX wrapper file from the F1 web site.I hardly fly there so I doubt I'll touch it or redo anything hehe. Something probably just went screwy tis all.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Depart L08 airport, go east about 10-15 miles.I have this massive sinkhole in the earth, depth of minus 30,000 ft lolI use Ultimate Terrain X with GEX USA
Wow Shocked.gifAnd there's an even deeper hole in Greenland Shocked.gif

Bah - I have the very latest n greatest file. I recently formatted my machine to install Win7 x64. I downloaded a fresh UTX wrapper file from the F1 web site.I hardly fly there so I doubt I'll touch it or redo anything hehe. Something probably just went screwy tis all.
This page says
UTX USA for FSX The full retail version available from Flight One is currently 1.2b Upgrade To Version 1.4 (for all versions including 1.2.0 and later)
So you might not have the current version if you've just downloaded the wrapper and not the upgrade. What does your Flight One Setup Tool read in the title line? Should be 1.4.0 thenOtherwise this could be the first FSX virus, eating holes in your scenery. Just%20Kidding.gif

Guest 413X3

Not many companies continue to update their main installers, always check the forums or download for the latest version number and check yours. You still need to run all the updates for ultimate terrain

If that lake is 32 768 altitude below sea level, then it is not only the lowest lake in the world, but also probably an oversight by the developer. All bodies of water in FS must have an altitude. If the developer forgot to assign one, then FS assumes the default Null value, which in FS is always (-32768).Best regards.Luis