Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew PMDG 747 Voice Commander "First Steps"

***THE PRODUCT IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE. THESE STEPS ARE FOR PREPARATION ONLY AT THIS POINT***After installing FS2Crew Voice Commander for the PMDG 747, please follow these important steps.GENERAL SETUPFirst Step:Ensure your PMDG 747 has all the latest PMDG 747 Service Updates installed, and that your PMDG 747 is fully operational. PMDG Service Updates are available on the PMDG Website.Second Step:Open the FS2Crew PMDG 747 Config Manager. A shortcut icon should be on your desktop. The Config Manager is also available via Start - All Programs - FS2Crew2010Third Step:Depending on which version of the PMDG 747 you have, press the button the says "SET PANEL CFGS TO FS2CREW".Note that unlike previous versions of FS2Crew, the installer does not automatically set the host aircraft's panel.cfgs to FS2Crew for you. You must manually do it via the FS2Crew PMDG Config Manager as describe above. Also note that the FS2Crew will make a backup copy of your original panel.cfg file.Fourth Step:Press the "SET PMDG KEYBOARD INI FILE TO FS2CREW"Note that you if you do not use the FS2Crew version of the PMDG Keyboard Assignments file, FS2Crew's ability to interface with the PMDG 747 will be limited.The FS2Crew Config manager will make a backup of your original keyboard file.SPEECH RECOGNITION SETUPIf you're a current FS2Crew Voice Control owner, then your speech recognition system is already setup.If not:Vista/Win 7 Users: Your Windows Speech Recognizer Language setting in the Windows Speech Properties page must be set to English - US. If you own a UK version of Vista/Win 7, you must also change this setting. Do not leave it on English - UK!If you own a non-English (non-Ultimate) version of Vista/Win 7, you can download a program called Vistalizator to change your OS to English. Click here to to visit the Vistalizator website. XP Users:Unlike Vista/Win 7, Microsoft's Speech Recognition System (SAPI) is not built into your OS by default.If you don't already have SAPI installed, you need to install it now. Click here to download SAPI for XP.Next, run the Voice Training, which is available via the Windows Control Panel - Speech Recognition page.THAT'S IT!Now all you need to do is load the PMDG 747.To open the FS2Crew Main Panel:2D cockpit: Click the (Whiskey) Compass on the center pedestal.VC cockpit: Click the (Whiskey) Compass on the center pedestal.LASTLY!Print and read out the manual! This is an advanced airline crew simulation. We're trying to bring you the most realistic experience possible on your home computer, and you have to read the manual. There's no way around it.I hope you enjoy your new PMDG 747 Voice Commander product. It really does take your PMDG 747 experience to a higher level!Best,

:( Thanks Bryan for making mine and everyones 74 a better product, Thanks for all your hardwork and also too your Team, not only just for the PMDG 74 Voice Commander but all the products you have released, Your Products are First Class, Your Attention to detail is Flawless, You listen to your Customers, Thats why i return again to purchase another Fine FS2CREW Product,Thanks BryanRick

tpewpb-6.png

So in this version is it not necessary to load the PMDG config manager first as well and save as it is in the others?

- Aaron

So in this version is it not necessary to load the PMDG config manager first as well and save as it is in the others?
Hi Slait,PMDG handled their panel.cfg in the PMDG 747 version a bit differently compared to other companies (like Level-D)So, no, no absolute need to run the PMDG Config Manager and click "Save Config".Cheers,

cant wait to get home Bryan,I only fly 747 pmdg [md11 also] now a days, and leveld simulations was only installed once again due to your voice commander, i love both, so will be flying them extensively over the holidays.Release date mid December? Are we looking for specifics or are we still BETA, no rush :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

cant wait to get home Bryan,I only fly 747 pmdg [md11 also] now a days, and leveld simulations was only installed once again due to your voice commander, i love both, so will be flying them extensively over the holidays.Release date mid December? Are we looking for specifics or are we still BETA, no rush :)
Hi Alex,Not many sleeps now... I'm sending out a Release Candidate to the beta team in a few hours.Cheers,

I've just read the news on this and must say that I'm really surprised to see this project. I think it was asked quite some time ago if the older PMDG stuff could get a voice update and the missing SDK was the reason for saying "no".So I'm really excited about this one and I have hopes (or wishes) for the MD11 too if you don't mind. Thanks for that update, Bryan.

I've just read the news on this and must say that I'm really surprised to see this project. I think it was asked quite some time ago if the older PMDG stuff could get a voice update and the missing SDK was the reason for saying "no".So I'm really excited about this one and I have hopes (or wishes) for the MD11 too if you don't mind. Thanks for that update, Bryan.
It looks like we're going to be good to release this Friday :(

Hi,yeah - today my very first credit card arrived! And it's ready^^ Unfortunately I'm not at home this weekend, but I hope I can test the voice commander by next week.

Regards, Dimitri Alymov
Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 4,5GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, NVidia GTX1080TI (11GB), Win 10 Pro, P3DV4

Hi,yeah - today my very first credit card arrived! And it's ready^^ Unfortunately I'm not at home this weekend, but I hope I can test the voice commander by next week.
For me the sad truth is that I when I purchase something with the credit card, I do not have to read the card - I know all the numbers by heart...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi,well, I know my ICQ number, both of my cell phone numbers, my parents' cell phone numbers, my giro account number and even the serial key of my (not anymore used) Windows XP setup - I guess that's not better? :(

Regards, Dimitri Alymov
Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 4,5GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, NVidia GTX1080TI (11GB), Win 10 Pro, P3DV4

I don't know how to get the file to change "Speech Recognizer Language setting" to English - US.My only option is traditional Chinese.Somebody can tell me the link or keyword to search. Thanks.

I don't know how to get the file to change "Speech Recognizer Language setting" to English - US.My only option is traditional Chinese.Somebody can tell me the link or keyword to search. Thanks.
What operating system are you using?Did you check the manual?Best,

What operating system are you using?Did you check the manual?Best,
I got the way to change to English-US.But I can't run voice training, because the recognizer language(US) is different with windows(Traditional Chinese).Does FS2Crew possible that work well without change recognizer language?I think windows recognizer should recognize English in every language version.Thanks,

I got the way to change to English-US.But I can't run voice training, because the recognizer language(US) is different with windows(Traditional Chinese).Does FS2Crew possible that work well without change recognizer language?I think windows recognizer should recognize English in every language version.Thanks,
Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post.I'm not sure what exactly you did, but if your speech recognizer is set to English - US, then FS2Crew should work.If the FS2Crew 'Voice' button stays on, you know it worked.My concern is, however, that you can't run the Voice Training. Why you can't? That I'm not sure about as I don't have a Chinese version of Windows.Have you checked the Chinese Windows help forums?Best,