Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

Orbx and PMDG...

I wouldn't be surprised if Orbx is designing some RNT/BFI/PAE scenery to be packaged with the 737/777. It would parallel their PNW development. Of course, I'm probably completely wrong but it's fun to speculate.
I'm not a big scenery fan, but that would be cool to see. Maybe two airports for a tutorial/checkride flight, but that's probably expecting too much.My first thought was something do with Best Buy as was mentioned earlier. Should be fun to find out how the two companies plan on working together.

I second the idea about the colaboration around MS Flight. Bug free basic simulation engine from Flight and the "icing" from the top add on dev companies. Life can be good...:(

I hope PMDG dont do a package deal with ORBX SEA BFI etc or anything like that. There's no way in hell I could fly a PMDG plane into Seattle, let alone with a high quality airport. I BARELY can fly into YBBN with the F1 Mustang you know what I'm saying. just spectulation, but its fun

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

At least we know what the "mystery product" hinted at a few months ago is!
My guess is that this is the mystery product too!!

I second the idea about the colaboration around MS Flight. Bug free basic simulation engine from Flight and the "icing" from the top add on dev companies. Life can be good...:(
I was half joking about Flight BUT i really hope the Flight dev team speak to PMDG, ORBX and REX for their ideas!And for heavens sake Microsoft please fix the oversized autogen trees and houses that we see in FSX. The out of scale autogen really wrecks the experience!

Matthew S

Oh wait a minute........:( You mean there's going to be partnership going on!!!! I can't wait to see what comes are way.......:(

From Orbx (John Venema) - http://orbxsystems.c...?topic=30725.30"I think you guys read too much between the lines LOL!It will just be a joint marketing initiative whereby PMDG use Next Generation scenery and airports as a setting for their Next Generation aircraft, if you get my meaning wink.gifWe'll leave the development of complex airliners to the best in the business, that's not our game, LOL!"Not such a big deal after all.

I don't visit there but thats what I figured when PMDG specifically said that ORBX scenery was used.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

I think if I hear "It will be done when its done" one more time, I will throw up on my keyboard.
It will be done when it's done

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

From Orbx (John Venema) - http://orbxsystems.c...?topic=30725.30"I think you guys read too much between the lines LOL!It will just be a joint marketing initiative whereby PMDG use Next Generation scenery and airports as a setting for their Next Generation aircraft, if you get my meaning wink.gifWe'll leave the development of complex airliners to the best in the business, that's not our game, LOL!"Not such a big deal after all.
That's it...? So much for all the excitement.

Have you guys seen the ORBX Lancair? With releasing that aircraft they have proofed that they can't only develop sceneries. And the graphics on the Lancair are really great, so it might be that they are working togeather with PMDG in the 777 project. As far as I can remember someone from PMDG (not sure who :( ) said that they would use many of the tecniques used in the NGX also for the 777. With that the systemdevelopment on the T7 shouldn't take that long. So maybe ORBX is going to do the VC for the 777 and PMDG just the systems and so we can see the T7 already next year equipped with a ORBX cockpit LOL.gif .
I doubt very much that ORBX is going to be working on the 777. With the new NGX "platform" nearly finished, I think PMDG will be fully capable of finishing 777 themselves by the end of 2011. I think this has more to do with the secret project they have been mentioning.
The reason for the 744-LCF?