Sign in to follow this  
Kraftyy

New computer on sunday :)

Be sure to do some benchmarking :D
I'd rather throw my motherboard like a frisbee and see how far it flies. :PJust an FYI to anyone heading to Micro Center tomorrow. Try going up there today, or even calling, and see if you can get them to put what you want on a hold. I was just up there and the guy who helped me put a hold on a motherboard and a 2500K for me. That way I'll just have to go to the online orders section of the store and pick it up, instead of trying to fight people and get what I want. I read elsewhere that they don't do that on new products, but he told me they could. Guess I'll find out in about 22 hours. :(

I'd rather throw my motherboard like a frisbee and see how far it flies. :PJust an FYI to anyone heading to Micro Center tomorrow. Try going up there today, or even calling, and see if you can get them to put what you want on a hold. I was just up there and the guy who helped me put a hold on a motherboard and a 2500K for me. That way I'll just have to go to the online orders section of the store and pick it up, instead of trying to fight people and get what I want. I read elsewhere that they don't do that on new products, but he told me they could. Guess I'll find out in about 22 hours. :(
I might try calling lol The place is 25 minutes awayIs this chip really gonna sell out? I mean do I really need to call/go in to even have a chance at one of these things?Taylor Oldham

Is this chip really gonna sell out? I mean do I really need to call/go in to even have a chance at one of these things?
I don't know to be honest, I've never bought a chip on released day. ha I was told my local store has 11 2500K's, and I've seen at least 10 people on other forums say they're going to be there tomorrow, so I'm expecting them to go pretty quick. I also read that someone said his local store was only getting 2 in. I'd probably call your local store and see if they'll tell you how many they're getting. I do know this isn't a limited time item, so even if they run out tomorrow, I'm sure they'll be getting more in soon.

I don't know to be honest, I've never bought a chip on released day. ha I was told my local store has 11 2500K's, and I've seen at least 10 people on other forums say they're going to be there tomorrow, so I'm expecting them to go pretty quick. I also read that someone said his local store was only getting 2 in. I'd probably call your local store and see if they'll tell you how many they're getting. I do know this isn't a limited time item, so even if they run out tomorrow, I'm sure they'll be getting more in soon.
Only problem is that I think Microcenter only is having that 279$ 2600K deal tomorrow at least I think so... which is why I am worried.

I built my I7 system last April (see sig for components) and I'm very happy with it. I'm curious as well as to why the 2600 is purported to be better than even the 980x, with a signifcantly lower price. I'm all for the lower price and improved performance, but I feel bad for those who spent $$$ on the latest and greatest i7s last year with all the Sandybridge pricing news lately. But that is the way of technology and early adopters.I was originally going to get a 3.2ghz i7 960, but thanks to the AVSIM forums, I was talked into getting a 2.8ghz 930 from Microcenter for only $199, and o/c'd that puppy to 4.2ghz. I'd be steaming if I got the much more expensive 960 that is basically the same as a 930 but with a higher stock clock. One thing that upsets me about the Sandy Bridge is the requirement of a new socket motherboard, if not for that I'd probably be considering getting a Sandy Bridge this year. I suppose I'll wait for my next upgrade after Microsoft Flight arrives.

Already claiming 5GHz on a chip you don't have is pretty bold. Good luck with the overclock, I would be amazed to see 5.5 GHz. I am going to wait for Ivy Bridge and see how those perform, but for now my i7 920 @ 4.2GHz does the job quite well in all but the most extreme circumstances.

I'm getting the 2600K today as well but I highly doubt that you'll get a stable overclock of 5.5GHZ unless you get a lucky chip. I would aim for 4.5 GHZ.

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 5GHz (Will push to 5.4 5.5 if i can)Corsair H70 CPU CoolerGigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P Motherboard8GB Corsair Dominator PC12800AMD Radeon 6970 CrossfireOCZ 50GB PCI-E x4 SSDWD 1TB Black Sata6Thermaltake 1000-watt PSUCooler Master HAF 932Sold my 970, 1366 mobo, and ram to help pay for this new build. and yes the 2600k destroys both the 970 and 980x
When you have it all set up, please let us know what your results are!

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Why does everyone insist in the 2600K when it costs much more than the 2500K for just HT and 2 extra L3 MB cache?

Why does everyone insist in the 2600K when it costs much more than the 2500K for just HT and 2 extra L3 MB cache?
I don't know but I decided I was gonna get it then changed my mind to the 2500K last second. Here are the parts I decided to buy today. Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 CORSAIR 650W ATX12V/EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 95W G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 SAMSUNG Spinpoint 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/sSony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA LightScribe Support

I managed to grab the last 2600K on the shelf earlier today and I should have my first boot on Tuesday. Here are my specs:Cooler Master HAF 932 CaseGigabyte P67-UD4 MotherboardIntel i7 2600K CPUNoctua NH-D14 HeatsinkEVGA GTX 570 GPUG.Skills Ripjaws 8GB RAMCorsair TX750W Power SupplyWestern Digital Caviar Blue 500GB Hard DriveI'm happy with how it's turning out. I am waiting for my optical drive, my GPU, and my RAM to arrive which will all arrive tomorrow and Tuesday. I'll try to dedicate my next weekend to installing FSX and maybe overclocking the sucker.

Thanks guys but I'm a bit confused now. I know the i7s went upto 980x and now the 2500K/2600Ks..arent they really the next level up from the i5s? If so, I'd be interested in the performance difference between the i7-980x and the 2500/2600Ks.Cheers

So when are you able to make some tests on High detailed sceneries? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif