Sign in to follow this  
LEAPWeaver

BBJ for the NGX

No 700ER? That's a bummer then. Will have to wait for the 777 for the long range flights, or use the MD-11.

They do not put fill material in their pubs either so take it for what you will. I would put pictures up but do not want to infring on PMDG's/Boeing's copyright.
I always wondered if the fact that something is covered in the FCOM or QRH means that it is definately simulated by the PMDG NGX. I am under the assumption that PMDG edited these manuals to remove anything that doesn't pertain to their simulated model, so if 90-95% of the stuff from the real life manuals is published in the PMDG models, and that there is no "filler", it is great news for the hard core enthusiasts! Do these manuals have any reference to weather radar and ACARS, two examples of real life features that cannot be modeled in the PMDG bird?I believe this product may be the most accurate and true to life flightsim aircraft of all time, next to the MD-11 and LevelD 767.

I always wondered if the fact that something is covered in the FCOM or QRH means that it is definately simulated by the PMDG NGX. I am under the assumption that PMDG edited these manuals to remove anything that doesn't pertain to their simulated model, so if 90-95% of the stuff from the real life manuals is published in the PMDG models, and that there is no "filler", it is great news for the hard core enthusiasts! Do these manuals have any reference to weather radar and ACARS, two examples of real life features that cannot be modeled in the PMDG bird?I believe this product may be the most accurate and true to life flightsim aircraft of all time, next to the MD-11 and LevelD 767.
Considering I have the MD-11X as well, and have not run into anything in those publications in 100's of hours of flying time that hasn't worked (anything that doesn't is specifially marked INOP, or otherwise stating it is not modeled in the sim).. So I would bank on it. Cause the MD-11X did not even come with all of these charts that are in the NGX books. I never even knew there was a -700ER. As far as checklists and stuff go even though the voice recorder in the MD-11 doesn't work you still push the test button, hear the beep, and release. I am just hoping to be able to get in, and successfully fly the pattern and all on day one.

Actually maybe I can see why there is no 700ER, I can't find any sales data on the type, maybe Boeing hasn't actually made any other than some conversions for ANA... that'd make it less popular than the BBJ variants.