Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

Antonov An-24RV. Full version

Guest Dietger

Great news indeed!And its about time ;)Together with the YS-11 we have an exellent pair of freeware aircraft.Thanks for the hard work.Dietger

Guest gergely

Dear Dimitri,First, congratulations for your great work. The AN-24 was the most important plane in my youth and I'm looking forward to fly your new version.Second, I have a question - can the 'old' textures (from the AN-24B) be used for the new AN-24RV? I ask this because I made about 20 repaints for your AN-24B, most of them are AN-24V/RV in reality, but I didn't release them yet (Tarom, Balkan, Air Ukraine, LOT, Iraqi etc). If they work with it, should I send them to you to include in your package, or release them separate?Kind regards,Gergely Kosa, Bucharest

Hello,I've just uploaded the full package to avsim.com file library. Hope it will be available soon. There is an install program - you set up the plane, the panel and the docs in a click. It comes with an HTML manual in English and even with a little russian-english glossary for those who still has difficulties to read russian gauges. (practice!!! what will you do when a new Tu-114 comes?)Finally, Stepan Gritsevsky solved the problem of bad working gauges and the new panel (included in our package) works perfectly in FS2004. 2Gergely: the external texture set is the same as for An-24B, maybe just some little changes (namely the texture inside the cargo compartments). If you repaint the new An-24rv, don't forget to change the interior!

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Awesome!!!I guess I will spend some time learning some Russian!I wonder if it will work with FSNav? I do hope so becausethis can be a nice cheat for those of us who dont speak russianregarding use of the autopilot.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Ahhh! It is so nice to be of Russian descent, who can speak and read the language!

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Guest Dietger

Vielen Dank :)As I said the Antonov is one of my favorites :)Thanks for your work!Dietger

Looking forward as well. I'll give it a go in 2K2. Hope it works.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>The suspense is killing me! I hope it shows up soon in the>library. Yea, me too. It's been over 15 hours since it was uploaded (according to Dimitri)! I am wearing out my refresh key. :)

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

It's there guys!!! Go get it!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Andr

Hi Samdim,you've done a very good job.Your model looks great.My name is Andr

Guest Wang D. Doodle

Great news. Can't wait to get into it. Bit of curiosity, perhaps trifling... What's the advantage of this particular air file (aircraft.cfg) having its engine type defined as "1" (jet) rather than "5" (turboprop)? I believe the same was true on the FS2002 An-24s and have always wondered about it. Off to Vladikavkaz now for the first flight with this beauty....Wang