Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Navigraph Now Offers FSBuild AIRAC Updates

Oh, Joy! According to my latest Navigraph Newsletter my long held prayers have been answered! Navigraph and Ernie Alston have finally come to terms and we can get REGULAR AIRAC updates for FSBuild, without bugging Ernie!!<< http://www.navigraph...www/default.asp >>It's like a DREAM come true . . .! :(

Indeed, did a 100-feet jump into the air when I got the Navigraph email stating that FSBuild is finally supported by them. Finally I can update the navdata for my addons!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think the biggest problem, was allowing the 3rd party developers to use their own file formats, rather then coming up with a standard that everyone could use. This way instead of having multiple update files for individual products, only a single update would be required that could be used for all supports products. This would cut down on time, cost and support issues. Then the onus would be on the aircraft developer to meet that standard, rather than Navigraph having to develop and support multiple updates each cycle.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That is fantastic news, I had just read the newsletter then came across this thread. I have been most impressed by individuals like Ernie Alston and Terry Yingling, and from what I have read Dan Downs was also extremely beneficial in keeping AIRACS updated. I was most happy when I discovered the NAVDATA.at site and I will be purchasing my my third set of cycles soon... This hobby just keeps getting better and better.

\Robert Hamlich/

Indeed, did a 100-feet jump into the air when I got the Navigraph email stating that FSBuild is finally supported by them. Finally I can update the navdata for my addons!
Thralni:100 FEET?? I think youshould reset your altimeter! Big%20Grin.gif

The AIRAC updates also apply to Ernie's gauges available from:http://isgsim.com/?page=featuresBTW the number of gauges in the download includes a few more.

Thralni:100 FEET?? I think youshould reset your altimeter! Big%20Grin.gif
Thralni 478, you are 100 feet above your assigned altitude, descend and maintain 20 (I'm on the third floor wink.gif)To be fair, I waited for at least half a year for this to come. My joy was enormous when I saw it appear smile.gif

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thralni 478, you are 100 feet above your assigned altitude, descend and maintain 20 (I'm on the third floor wink.gif)To be fair, I waited for at least half a year for this to come. My joy was enormous when I saw it appear smile.gif
My wait's been almost 3 years. At this point I NEVER thought this was going to happen so I caved in last month and bought the upgrade to Flight Sim Commander 9, which now uses a proprietary flight plan format itself and is no longer compatible with FSBuild 2.3!! I always do that -- but I waited and waited, kept hearing they were working on it, and finally just gave up after I saw that Ernie hadn't upgraded his AIRAC software since 1009. Oh well, it looks like FSC has revamped their auto-flight planning engine for this version, and it works great, so I'm not really going to complaining. I mean, I DO have money to burn . . . dry.gif

My wait's been almost 3 years. At this point I NEVER thought this was going to happen so I caved in last month and bought the upgrade to Flight Sim Commander 9, which now uses a proprietary flight plan format itself and is no longer compatible with FSBuild 2.3!! I always do that -- but I waited and waited, kept hearing they were working on it, and finally just gave up after I saw that Ernie hadn't upgraded his AIRAC software since 1009. Oh well, it looks like FSC has revamped their auto-flight planning engine for this version, and it works great, so I'm not really going to complaining. I mean, I DO have money to burn . . . dry.gif
I also have both, but FSBuild will always be my program of choice for flight planning, simply because it exports to so many FMC formats. I'm not sure if you saw it, but Ernie updated FSBuild to 2.4.0.2 to make it compatible with the Navigraph cycles. And, he also corrected The FSCommander export option so it's compatible with FSC9, and he also added the iFly 737.

Benjamin van Soldt

I'm not sure if you saw it, but Ernie updated FSBuild to 2.4.0.2 to make it compatible with the Navigraph cycles. And, he also corrected The FSCommander export option so it's compatible with FSC9, and he also added the iFly 737.
Thralni, THANKS SO MUCH for the heads up!!! I didn't see any of that, nor would I have even thought to look! I really didn't think Ernie was doing any development at all on FSB! That is FANTASTIC news -- THANKS AGAIN, my friend.And THANK YOU, MR. ALSTON!! B) :( :( :(

I also have both, but FSBuild will always be my program of choice for flight planning, simply because it exports to so many FMC formats. I'm not sure if you saw it, but Ernie updated FSBuild to 2.4.0.2 to make it compatible with the Navigraph cycles. And, he also corrected The FSCommander export option so it's compatible with FSC9, and he also added the iFly 737.
Thalni: where did you find all these updates?? I've been on the website and don't see any update since 2006. Are you pulling my gear lever?

Thalni: where did you find all these updates?? I've been on the website and don't see any update since 2006. Are you pulling my gear lever?
You have to go into the forum. That's where you'll find every update available to the program. Ernie rarely, if ever, puts them on the website itself.http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3630

Benjamin van Soldt

Of course, right AFTER I posted, it occurred to me to look there. Got it!Once again, I thank you sir!

version 2403 is current fixing some SID issues.This update includes a fairly recent AIRAC update.