Sign in to follow this  
byork

Something new I just added for V1.2

I may be able to add in some more effects for 1.2.I just added a new feature to 1.2.... FS2Crew now models "De-icing" procedures (at the pad or at the gate).Cheers,
Hi ByorkIs there any chance of being able to set flap 25 T/Os (as TOPCAT asked of me leaving KMDW)?Cheers, SLuggy

Hi Sluggy,V1.2 also adds Flaps 25 and Flaps 10 as takeoff flap options.I've already coded that in.Best,
You, sir, are a champion. :( Cheers, SLuggy

1.2 does some other neat tricks, too :( I'm basically reaching the point where there's really nothing 'new' that I can add to the sim.Only thing left that I can think of is maybe a simulated de-icing station... there are some procedures involved with that.Cheers,
Hmmm... apart from voice activation !Having played with a mates 767 VA version, I'm actually considering getting the 767 even though I don't really like it much!!! The VA element is utterly superb.I'm afraid it appears you have made a rod for your own back by introducing voice activation. Once you try it, you don't want to go back to button pressing and entering MCP values yourself.Bit of a hollow victory ?As for the iFLY 737, I'd fly it exclusively if it had FS2Crew VA... I really hope you can do it - especially given that the FSX version of iFly's 737 will smash PMDG sales IF..... and I say IF, they are savvy enough to make the "unique sales point": better FPS performance.PMDG's 737 will need a very good PC to run it, in anything but a sterile environment, so iFly could make theirs to provide say. 'twice the FPS performance' and aim it at the majority market with modest PC specs.If they don't, they've missed out. The only way they can compete is to "tone down" the graphics etc. and literally market it as "not quite as pretty... but twice the FPS performance" of the PMDG.You too, will then have a large potential market... and believe me when I say that the VA - for peeps that can use it - is 10x better than the button version.RegardsGabe

Hmmm... apart from voice activation !Having played with a mates 767 VA version, I'm actually considering getting the 767 even though I don't really like it much!!! The VA element is utterly superb.I'm afraid it appears you have made a rod for your own back by introducing voice activation. Once you try it, you don't want to go back to button pressing and entering MCP values yourself.Bit of a hollow victory ?As for the iFLY 737, I'd fly it exclusively if it had FS2Crew VA... I really hope you can do it - especially given that the FSX version of iFly's 737 will smash PMDG sales IF..... and I say IF, they are savvy enough to make the "unique sales point": better FPS performance.PMDG's 737 will need a very good PC to run it, in anything but a sterile environment, so iFly could make theirs to provide say. 'twice the FPS performance' and aim it at the majority market with modest PC specs.If they don't, they've missed out. The only way they can compete is to "tone down" the graphics etc. and literally market it as "not quite as pretty... but twice the FPS performance" of the PMDG.You too, will then have a large potential market... and believe me when I say that the VA - for peeps that can use it - is 10x better than the button version.RegardsGabe
Hi Gabe,We'll see what happens with voice after I release 1.2.Cheers,

Personally I've never really been a big fan, of the voice-editions... (I feel a bit silly, sitting and talking with my computer...) :DDon't get me wrong!!! It's really amazing, the work and innovation you put into your program! :)The new iFly button versions interface, is REALLY amazing!!! I was really amazed with the learning curve with this... very nice! :)Is this interface something, you will continue to use in future editions?Keep up the good work!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Personally I've never really been a big fan, of the voice-editions... (I feel a bit silly, sitting and talking with my computer...) :DDon't get me wrong!!! It's really amazing, the work and innovation you put into your program! :)The new iFly button versions interface, is REALLY amazing!!! I was really amazed with the learning curve with this... very nice! :)Is this interface something, you will continue to use in future editions?Keep up the good work!
Thank you for the kind words.Future button control versions will use the same interface system used in the iFly version.I think I've reached the point with the iFly version where I can't really make the interface system any more simpler or intuitive.This is the peak I think.Cheers,

Thank you for the kind words.Future button control versions will use the same interface system used in the iFly version.I think I've reached the point with the iFly version where I can't really make the interface system any more simpler or intuitive.This is the peak I think.Cheers,
Well Bryan you peak to great heights keeps this great stuff coming :(

André

The problem I have with button editions is that the whole "flow" is much more prescriptive.I found with my short time on the 767 VA edition, that you can easily skip sections or totally ignore them and just use the Co-pilot to change MCP values and change flaps etc.Also, remembering when to press the Primary and Secondary buttons, results in a situation where you have to have have the "script" next to you ALL the time. A real pain!I can imagine that if you use a plane exclusively and often, you may well "learn" it and not need this, but how many people do this ? Most people flip between different aircraft and may not fly in one particular one for weeks.I often find that I have forgotten basic principles relating to flying a particular aircraft after a lay-off, and "re-learning" FS2Crew with it just adds to the torment.The VA editions are much more intuiive and powerful, and flexible....They would be better if the aircraft developers would give you a SDK - PMDG ????? - as these seem to have much less flexibility than others. But clearly that's not your fault.Ideally, creating both versions is the ideal scenario, but this is also much more expensive for you of course, which I appreciate.Having said that, I think you can't lose with the iFly, as when it is released for FSX... hopefully it will be a huge seller. So, you 'll need to see what happens and decide at that point I guess.

Also, remembering when to press the Primary and Secondary buttons, results in a situation where you have to have have the "script" next to you ALL the time. A real pain!
That's true with the 'older' FS2Crew button versions, but it not really true with the new interface system used in the iFly version of FS2Crew.It's all 'visual' now... after you've setup the buttons, you could almost get away without even reading the manual.Also regarding 'Voice'... button control is a lot easier for a lot of users and overall less complex and less restrictive.That said, support issues for the 'button' control iFly version of FS2Crew are basically zero, and I have a good size user base.Cheers,

I really hope, that you will continue to develop your excellent FS2Crew apps, with button-controls... Also, I suspect a wider customer audience would purchase these, as they are easier to begin with - so to speak! They don't require special hardware needs, and don't expect the user to necessary speak english well enough to make one understandable to a computer... (as you already pointed out)!That aside! Are you - by any chance - considering porting for instance the Level-D FS2Crew Button Edition, to the new interface? I found the old Level-D version, especially hard to figure out... :)Anyway - keep up the nice work! :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471