Sign in to follow this  
Awgis

Wilco Airbus series Evoliution or Airsimmer?

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which Airbus do you think is the best?

• Wilco's Evoliution
    • Airsimmer 1.3
    • Other (CLS,PSS)
    • None of them.

Yep, all pushed back to March 7th. Bit disappointing but there's no way for them to win at this game. We'll complain when they don't give a release date, and we'll complain when they do and then run into a problem. They could always just get the estimated release correct of course, but where's the fun in that!

weard, I can buy it right now... no mention of a different release date for me!

You sure it's actually added to your cart? Where you buying it from?

directly at the wilcopub.com site. The delux upgrade went into my cart. I didn't buy it yet, but it went right into my cart without any notice of a different release date.

directly at the wilcopub.com site. The delux upgrade went into my cart. I didn't buy it yet, but it went right into my cart without any notice of a different release date.
Why don't you try and buy the thing and let us know how you make out... If your successful I'll be right behind you.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I think Torben is making a small mistake adding the Deluxe Upgrade, not the Evolution upgrade for the Deluxe version.Igor

you'r right!!! I clicked the wrong one. Now I got the same message as you guys... thats sooo typical for Wilco! Not holding release dates!I am somehow pi##ed, but I got iFLY and I am sooo happy with it! Wished the FeelThere Busses would be as system deep as iFLY!

Why not?
I agree even without the update the Feelthere Bus is the best we've currently got.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I agree even without the update the Feelthere Bus is the best we've currently got.
Well I've been using the FeelThere Vol 1 deluxe pack for over 2 years and have kinda enjoyed it. However I also bought the Airsimmer A320 a year or so ago but was never able to use it until applying v1.3 and the AP patch. Now that it mostly works OK, it is in fact fairly awesome. So here is my view fwiwFeethere Wilco (A 318, 319, 320, 321 Private Air BJ:) No idea about Evolution yet:-Not too buggy, - often fairly boringFlight model and particularly FBW - OK nothing special but stableEase of use and FPS impact - pretty good in FS9 and FSXExternal Model - FairVC and cabin - medium to poorSounds - v poorMCDU - Pretty adequate overall but Nav is not great. Can import FS flight plans directly and easilySupport - none directly - there is an external support forum thoughAirsimmer Basic A320 only:Can still be rather buggy and frustrating at times (AP can be unpredictable and spoiler deployment inconsistent) although no more CTDs to speak of. (Most of my recent flights hasve in fact been stable. I only fly less than 1 hour flights though)Flight model and particularly FBW - V good as far as I can see. AP can be iffy AP patch does improve it. Throttle can disconnect but there is a workaroundEase of use and FPS impact - fair in FS9 though perhaps slightly less than Feelthere, no FSX model. Stuttering issues are more or less resolvedExternal Model - Excellent, gauges and lighting - stunningVC and cabin - v good to excellentSounds - excellent. IAE and CFM both equally goodMCDU - What works is good. Nav is v good esp with latest AIRAC imported. Some pages missing from Basic model; eg Init B, although perf and weights can also be done via Tablet PC in FS9. Flight plans have to be entered manually although this is fairly real world. You cannot save co routes like eg in PMDG however - this is definitely crap.Support - dedicated tech support forum. Some users seem v frustrated but this needs digging down, Airbus faithfully renedered is a v different beast from Boeing. Airsimmer use a lot of proprietary algorithms. These cause problems in FS 9 behaviour. My experience is that Ryan was friendly, helpful and prompt in dealing with my problems. I was friendly, clear about my set up and problems and patient. That sorta seemed to work for me.Overall Feel there - low blood pressure, not highly realistic, pretty or exciting but stable; just take off and fly.Airsimmer - High blood pressure, frustrating and hair pulling out sometimes, but I think worth pursuing. It is pretty and has the makings of a classic and I love the overall experience when it behaves, some however will not be so patient.Hope this helps,RegardsRay

Anyone on a 64-bit system (XP or 7) who bought Airbus Evolution eventually? Before I upgrade to Evolution I'd like to request a simple test in fs9 to make sure this upgrade doesn't cause memory leak as Airbus1 did on a 64-bit OS.Thanks,Dirk.

The Evolution seems to add considerably more than just the Eric Marciano tweaks - judging by the long list of improvements on the Vol 1 Evolution product pageI wonder though whether charging 20 Euros for improving a poorly thought-out and hastily-released product - and much too late in the day - isn´t a bit greedy.The date is currently at March 28: I will be very interested to hear from the first brave souls who pay out and try it.

The Evolution seems to add considerably more than just the Eric Marciano tweaks - judging by the long list of improvements on the Vol 1 Evolution product page
The Evolution update adds NOTHING more to the aircraft other than WX radar and HUD, if you already own Eric Marcianos update. Check the announcement on his website front page-
With the release of the Wilco Airbus Evolution, many people asked me questions about this new version, here are the answers:
  • I am the developer of the Evolution version.
  • There is NO compatibility issue with the upgrade previously sold by myself, with or without hardware device. Everything that was working with the standard version of the AIrbus Series will keep working with the Evolution version, inlcuding the CPFlight and CockpitSonic hardware.
  • There is no installation problem when installing the Airbus Evolution, it installs on top of any Wilco Airbus version.
  • The main differences between my upgrade and the Evolution are the weather radar (provided by Reality XP) and the Head-Up Display for low-visibility approach.
  • The Evolution version doesn't bring any modification to the 3D model nor the flight dynamics.

For this reason I definitely won't be paying another 20 euros for the sake of two gimmicks like radar and a HUD.

Just be aware that some people (myself included) purchased the 'upgrade' from Eric Marciano, and never got it to work properly. There were several new bugs to go along with the fixes, but the most frustrating thing was that the throttle control seemed tied to the main panel window (or perhaps the VC). So when if you decided to fly the approach in the mini-panel (the "W" key on my set-up - I often do this to fly approaches as the viewpoint is skewed from a main-panel view in FS. I use the pop-up PFD for the approach - SHIFT-6) the throttle would surge unexpectedly, and uncontrollably.I was told by Eric that this was my problem alone, and after awhile he stopped responding to my emails, so I uninstalled it and went back to the old version; flawed, but at least useable. I later found out that I wasn't the only one with this issue.I was hoping he'd have fixed this for this update, but you can't fix an issue you won't admit to. For what it's worth, some people did not report this issue.- daniel