Sign in to follow this  
poplar

New March screen shots.......!

Did i miss something or was this so called 'FLIGHT STORE' include in the last march screen shot. There is so much talk about it like its already a running website from microsoft. Any links would be nice...

Did i miss something or was this so called 'FLIGHT STORE' include in the last march screen shot. There is so much talk about it like its already a running website from microsoft. Any links would be nice...
That's kind of why I made the comment I made. It's has never actually been printed anywhere that there will be an online store where we will be required to buy our addons from, like Apple's iTunes store or something similar. At this point is purely speculation or guessing, most likely based off the "Live" tag that the product carries or that they said on the Flight site that "Content is updated virtually".Personally, I highly doubt there will be some online store where wwe will be required to purchase our addons from. It's possible that MS could offer some expansion packs, like Accleration, that can be purchased online and installed via their site, or it could be that we will get product updates automatically if we're online. However, I sincerely doubt that we wont be able to go to FlyTampa, FSDT, or PMDG's website, buy our addon then install it in the same fashion as we have been for FSX and all sims prior. Of course I could be wrong, but that's my opinion on the whole matter. In the mean time those that believe there will be some type of Flight Store or something to that effect will continue to preach it until otherwise proven wrong by an announcement from MS themselves. Of course if those people are right there will be a lot of "I told you so" going on around here. :( As far as the freeware stuff, I highly doubt that will come to an end as well. I'm sure the SDK will be available as well to anyone who wants to produce and distribute their work. Only time will tell, in the mean time I wouldn't take what you read here as the final word or the truth until we know for sure.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The topic of Flight being online/virtual has even been covered by MS. You do not need internet to use Flight...it should install right to your computer.
I agree with that statement, you will be able to install Flight on your PC no problems, that will be Flight default....as for buying the addons like we do today...I don't think so, that's not how you try to stop piracy...

I think when the time comes to worry about an 'online shop' we will and that should be when we get more info from MS. For now we have a sim that looks just like its younger brother FSX. That's what worries me.

First time I've seen these new shots. They look decent. I'm not even sure what to expect. Certainly wasn't expecting Battlefield 3 graphics for a simulator simulating the entire world lol. I've seen XP's new shots too, they look decent as well.I'm pretty excited for the new version, and I'm sure I'll buy it just like the others in the past. With every new release there will be people whining about this/that, lack of features, "bugs" (in software probably not in beta yet lol), etc. I don't worry about it and will wait until we have something more solid to asses (demo, beta etc).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.