Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poplar

New March screen shots.......!

Love how you can see through the trees in the first screenshot to the small streams below, amazing sense of depth and wanting to go down and explore! Same in the airport with the city in the distance, good generally feeling of space and excitement.

Nice to see some developement! Filght will be better as everythinbg else.

Seems like there will be only one aircraft in MS Flight....
So Stearman and Maule is the same for you?

It's looking better and better all the time.

It`s Hawaii only simulation :( :( ...next regions... payware.. B) ok, that was yoke... I`m sure.. :(

Holy crap! Those are awesome! Nice to see the stearman in game for the first time since October.

Got to admit I really like the look of the shadows on the Stearman. In the second shot even the wires cast shadows on the wings and they undulate to shape of the material on the wing. Some really nice shots. The detail on that model is excellent.

I love the PHNL ground scenery! Hopefully every other airport is that good ...

I love the PHNL ground scenery! Hopefully every other airport is that good ...
I wonder if it will be ready for 2012 doomsday, lol....

For default scenery, that's looking amazingly good.Question is will the rest of the world look as good as Hawaii.

Not bad, but not that impressive either. I did notice in two or three of the shots there was a lot of post processing, this is especially evident in the last image, honestly they could have left that one out. It's almost looks as if the aircraft has been rendered separately then overlaid onto the landscape in some images even if this isn't the case.Autogen density looks good, especially in the forests, lets hope they are going to make it fade-in. Other than that it looks like most of the development has focused on the Stearman, but more likely (and hopefully) a lot of dev time is going into the engine itself at this point. Because of this I don't expect to be wowed visually until late in the development cycle.

Guest jahman

Gorgeous!Cheers,- jahman.

Looks like there is much more detail and is it just me or do the shots not look warmer and more realistic looking?I think they are on track with this one.

The shots are looking pretty good to me as well, especially for default scenery. I didn't care much for the color banding in the sky in the 3rd pic and the 5th pic looked good, but kind of weird like it was enhanced. Other than that it looks like its shaping up rather nicely.It will be really interesting to see how it performs out of the box and if there will or wont be any type of backward compatibility with FSX scenery, addon a/c, or AI for that matter.

The shots are looking pretty good to me as well, especially for default scenery. I didn't care much for the color banding in the sky in the 3rd pic and the 5th pic looked good, but kind of weird like it was enhanced. Other than that it looks like its shaping up rather nicely.It will be really interesting to see how it performs out of the box and if there will or wont be any type of backward compatibility with FSX scenery, addon a/c, or AI for that matter.
I read there will not be any backward compatibility... I see you are an FS-GS'er as well, I haven't had the pleasure of speaking with Michael in a long time.Cheers,Rob

I read there will not be any backward compatibility... I see you are an FS-GS'er as well, I haven't had the pleasure of speaking with Michael in a long time.Cheers,Rob
That's too funny because I noticed the FS-GS in your sig as well. Yeah, I haven't spoke to Michael in a while myself either. I've been thinking about giving him a ring and talking to him about my next upgrade since my rigs getting a little long in the tooth so to speak. I'll probaby give him a shout in the next few weeks to see whats new and say hi.As far as the not having any backward compatibility, I've read that as well on various forums, but to be frank, until MS says that there will or wont be any backward compatibility, and if there is, to what extent, I only take the other ramblings that get posted with a grain of salt. As always, there is so much guessing and speculation of what the next version will or wont do, even to the point that some yahoos even get into arguments about it. Personally I skip all the nonsense and wait until official statements are made by MS before I get wrapped up in speculations made by others on FS forums around the net. I have yet to see a press release or a statment on the "Flight" page saying anything regarding backward compatibility. All I have read is that its designed from the ground up, but that doesn't necessarly mean that there maybe backward compatibility to some extent for scenery, AI, user a/c, etc.

Ho hum, nothing impressive, but what do you expect since Flight is just FSX SP3.And 'good one' Microsoft, trying to fool us with post processing in a couple of those shots.Love the blurry textures in shot 5 too. What a freaking joke! :( Flight == FSX SP3. All Flight "fan boys" need to release that otherwise they're heading for a big disappointment.When will the Flight devs have a Q&A with the community in these forums? They never will because they know the community questions will bust the 'smoke and mirrors' job Microsoft is trying to pull with "Flight". :( Come on Microsoft devs, step up and answer some Flight questions in these forums!

Got to admit I really like the look of the shadows on the Stearman. In the second shot even the wires cast shadows on the wings and they undulate to shape of the material on the wing. Some really nice shots. The detail on that model is excellent.
Have to agree totally, the self shadowing on the Stearman is superb. Love the airport, looks like something that Orbx will deliver and if that's the vanilla version, then imagine what the enhanced third party improved versions will look like.Bring it on...

Have to agree totally, the self shadowing on the Stearman is superb. Love the airport, looks like something that Orbx will deliver and if that's the vanilla version, then imagine what the enhanced third party improved versions will look like.Bring it on...
FSX has self shadowing, and that airport looks no better than any 3rd party FSX airport. I see nothing new in these shots (except the horizontal cliff textures B) )... but of course, its just FSX SP3.edit: Oh yeah and STILL NO CLOUD SHADOWS! :Shame On You:edit2: Look at the oversized autogen houses in shot 4. This is classic FSX code generating houses the size of small double storey warehouses. Come on Microsoft can't you fix this blatantly obvious and annoying bug in your FSX 'Flight' service pack. :( :( :(

Flight is becoming mroe and more of a good prospect. I love the stuff I'm seeing. With the prospect of it also running well on my setup (which is sort of what I'm expecting, seeing as they started from scratch on this one), this should be a must-buy when it comes out. God knows when that happens, but I'll get it. Unless it'll be as crazy expensive as FSX was at launch...

FSX has self shadowing, and that airport looks no better than any 3rd party FSX airport. I see nothing new in these shots (except the horizontal cliff textures :( )... but of course, its just FSX SP3.edit: Oh yeah and STILL NO CLOUD SHADOWS! :(
I wasn't going to say anything, but here goes,Matthew, you did some brilliant work on FSX and I really respected you for that, your app was sensational. But I have to say that your constant harping on what are your perceptions of inadequacy on the part of the Flight developers, their products and the few tidbits shown to date are really getting tiresome.If you dislike the product so much, have such disdain for the dev team, why I ask, do you spend so much time and energy here contributing absolutely nothing. We know what your opinions are, nothing has changed since the first time you posted on this particular forum. Mate, give it a rest...

If you dislike the product so much, have such disdain for the dev team, why I ask, do you spend so much time and energy here contributing absolutely nothing. We know what your opinions are, nothing has changed since the first time you posted on this particular forum. Mate, give it a rest...
If no one complains then the same bugs/deficiencies will remain unfixed in Flight. It's obvious from the screen-shots / movies that the Flight 'graphics engine' is simply an updated version of FSX and not a rewrite.We still see no cloud shadows and autogen size bugs. If you're happy about these (and other) issues propagating forward into Flight then that's fine and don't say anything and let Microsoft think they are doing a fantastic job.edit: The autogen house size bug even affects Orbx scenery (just check out their screen shots to see how almost every house is double storey 'warehouse' sized). If Microsoft doesnt fix this bug then all scenery using autogen will continue to suffer from this bug. And, it creates such a false sense of scale and altitude perception.Here's a shot from Orbx Cairns scenery, a city populated by giants living in warehouses :)http://www.fullterrain.com/images/ss/ybcs/8.jpg