Sign in to follow this  
fsxsimmer20

PMDG 737-800 CTD when load flight

Whenever I load a flight with PMDG's wonderful 737-800, it always crashes to desktop when i load a flight. Just stciks to 0%, and boom. Done. Crash. No error, just wanting me to restart the flight simulator. Thanks,Ryan

Hi,Start FSX using a default plane and then switch to the PMDG plane.

Whenever I load a flight with PMDG's wonderful 737-800, it always crashes to desktop when i load a flight. Just stciks to 0%, and boom. Done. Crash. No error, just wanting me to restart the flight simulator. Thanks,Ryan
737-800 from PMDG for FSX? Have I missed something and the NGX is out now?

737-800 from PMDG for FSX? Have I missed something and the NGX is out now?
+1 :( Dexter

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Now you know the answer!
What do you mean?? lol
Hi,Start FSX using a default plane and then switch to the PMDG plane.
I tried that just now, it did the same thing, but different. It crahsed, but this time when it was loading the AICADs or whatever (that little box that pops up). Ryan

Guest wims

PMDG 737-NG for FS9 do not work in FSX

A plane that is designed for FS9 only is NOT going to work in FSX. No matter what you try, do, or say, is going to change that. Uninstall that one plane from FSX and use a different plane!!

PMDG 737-NG for FS9 do not work in FSX
That's not entirely correct, i've actually used the FS9 PMDG 737 in FSX and although it did work, I uninstalled it because the VC was way to dated and I didn't like the way it looked.Ryan,If you must have that plane installed in FSX you can find the instructions in the PMDG forum in this link: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/323794-737ng-in-fsx/page__p__1912415__hl__737+fs9__fromsearch__1#entry1912415There are two sets of instructions in that long post, but I believe the one I followed to make it work were as follows.
I used the guide as given above .On www.flightsumulator.com (someone called Robbier) I also found this tutorial:1. Install the PMDG 737 into a folder OTHER than the FS2004 or FSX folder, I installed it into my desktop/FS2004. 2. Drag the contents of the files in the desktop/fs2004 folder to their corresponding location in FSX. For example, drag the contents of the desktop/fs2004/aircraft folder to FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder, and so on. If you find a folder that doesnt have a fsx corresponding folder, just drag it to the root FSX directory (PMDG, and FMCWP, for example). 3. When you get to the "Modules" folder, drag it to the FSX root folder EXCEPT for the "fsuipc.dll" file in there. 4. Install FSUIPC for FSX from the FSUIPC site. 5. Go into the "aircraft.cfg" of all of the newly installed planes, and put "quotes" around each value starting with a "ui." For example, change ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDG to ui_manufacturer="Boeing-PMDG" (notice the newly added quotes) . Do this for every aircraft.cfg file (the -600, -700, and -700 winglets) 6. If you want, you can place a "thumbnail.jpg" image in the texture folder of all the liveries of the -600, -700, and -700winglet aircraft to have a thumbnail in the FSX Aircraft selecting dialogue. This is purely for visuals in the aircraft select dialogue and is optional. 7. That's it! **If you wish to install liveries, install them BEFORE moving everything to the FSX folder (So, install them into the "desktop/fs2004" folder, or whichever folder you chose to use).** **If you want to install the -800 -900 addon, proceed with caution! I have heard of people having a lot of troubles trying to get the -800 and -900 into FSX. If you want the PMDG 737 in FSX using this guide, I advise you to stick to the -600 and -700, or you may face further difficulties** KNOWN BUGS: The sim will give you a message sometime after the airplane has been started telling you that it is unflyable, this is NOT true! You may also get a low fuel warning FSX message, but this has not proven to be true either. All very small issues. I copied the 600/700 but didn't copy the 800/900 model and the fsuicp.dll file. After starting FSX the FMC worked.Last night I did copy again the 800/900 model (after all worked well with the 600/700) and the 800/900 versions work as well.It is old, I know, but a very nice plane.Eric
Keep in mind that PMDG will not offer support for using in FSX and if you plan to try this it at your own risk. If I were you, I would just wait for the official FSX version they are working on now.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Another possibility here is that the OP is attempting to use the plane as intended in FS9, but didn't realize this was the FSX forum. Though their user name certainly implies otherwise.

+1 :( Dexter
Is this a record - a 2 line post with a 29 line signature?

We'll never ask about his hardware or installed software.

We'll never ask about his hardware or installed software.
Yeah, that´s for sure!