Sign in to follow this  
BillCusick

Car Park Scam

Hi Guys..<< "Getting Lucky" for me is finding my own car in the car park.....>>I didn't wish to hijack IMAGRANPA2's 'scenery blues' thread in the FSX Forum, I thought that I'd start a new thread here...Since, like me, you frequent car parks, and have problems, I thought that I'd pass on this warning of a scam here in the UK..True story .... A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular Tesco customers. This happens at Sainsbury's, too, so be aware........... Recently I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.Here's how the scam works: Two seriously good-looking 20-something year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start wiping your windscreen with a cloth, and since both are very attractive and skimpily dressed ... It's impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds . You agree and they get in the back seat. On the way, they climb into the front and are crawling all over you, and only after you have dropped them off do you realise that your wallet has disappeared.I had my wallet stolen May 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, & 24th, 29th. Also June 1st, 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th, 30th, three times last Saturday and very likely again this coming weekend. So you and your friends to be careful !P. S. Tesco has wallets on sale @ £3.00 each. RegardsBill0.9nm SW R03 EGOWBig%20Grin.gif

It took that many wallets before you realised that they were up to something?

Sounds to me like they were taking advantage of you more than a scam! LMAO.gifBut getting your wallet stolen isn't funny. Nerd.gif

Bill,Any news links about this? If not, then I think you have had too many adult beverages. 3 times in one day, right.

Bill: I'm not that far from my 80th- any chance you could give me driving directions to the carpark you mentioned?AR

I'm not that far from my 80th- any chance you could give me driving directions to the carpark you mentioned?
Applause.gif

Guest jahman
Bill: I'm not that far from my 80th- any chance you could give me driving directions to the carpark you mentioned?AR
+1!Cheers,- jahman.

Hi guys..<< Bill: I'm not that far from my 80th- any chance you could give me driving directions to the carpark you mentioned? >>Ha ! Quote - 'You cannot be serious' ?Unfortunately not.In these days of PC, I've gotta watch what I write...but a friend of mine who retired to Eire sent me that one - that's all I'm saying...sorry I cannot claim it as mine. (I also had to 'Clean it up' for release).:( I nearly ended up having hospital treatment for a hernia - I was trying to lift too many wallets into my rear pocket.....and Jim - I strongly deny being racist, but I only drink adult beverages made in Scotland...:( RegardsBillFormby, UK0.9nm SW R03 EGOW

Good thing nobody believes any of this.

Good thing nobody believes any of this.
But we can all hope and wish...LOL....

Sounds like they got scammed. Pretty good deal... "copping a feel" for a $3.00 wallet. Where do I sign up!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

OK so now I've been to 13 parking lots. No luck yet...5 to go... :(
With the price of petrol here, now at £1.30 per litre (Is that about 60p per pint ?) I'll hafta reduce my car park search....:( RegardsBillFormby, UK0.9nm SW R03 EGOW

BillCusick, You sure spent alot of money replacing drivers licenses and credit cards, you didn't have any credit cards did you? :(