Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Tired of your Saitek/CH Yoke?

Hi Guy's,A topic over on the BA Virtual forums reminded me of a company in Japan that produce some cheap high end equipment for FS9/FSX Here's the link - http://web1.kcn.jp/soujukan_koubou/koubou/koubou.htmI spoke to them last year and they dont ship outside of Japan but nothing stopping anyone going over there and picking this stuff up. Well I still have a ID90 and ID50 ticket available to anywhere I want, and since Japan has been on my list for a while I was thinking of checking it out with my girlfriend. So firstly, does anyone on here speak Japanese? As mentioned I have spoken to them but it would be great if I could have someone translate for me as certain things didn't come across too clear (I will be happy to pay for your time)Secondly, would any of the upcomming NGX drivers who have the cash be interested? I'm thinking while I'm there I may as well pick up a few (JUST A FEW!)Thanks

Rob Prest

How much does the SS-L1 joystick and TL-811 tiller cost?Also, do you know if there still in business after the earthquake and tsunami?

How much does the SS-L1 joystick and TL-811 tiller cost?Also, do you know if there still in business after the earthquake and tsunami?
If your like me the answer is...if you have to ask you probably can't afford it ;)it looks like a good system though.

I remember a thread about this awhile back and was absolutely amazed, I wonder if there location is a physical store that you can walk into, if so then maby I could convince my wife to take a tripbiggrin.gif Maby if we all sent them emails showing a strong market outside of Japan they would reconsider. Nice looking product though.

If your like me the answer is...if you have to ask you probably can't afford it ;)it looks like a good system though.
I checked out the prices with them last year and it's very cheap, Keep in mind a large chunck of the price we pay for stuff in the West is due to tax,shipping etc, maybe that is one of the reasons why they don't ship abroad.Mrspeaker - I tried to convince them to ship abroad, it's not happening. This is why I'm thinking of picking some stuff up when I'm out there.

Rob Prest

I checked out the prices with them last year and it's very cheap, Keep in mind a large chunck of the price we pay for stuff in the West is due to tax,shipping etc, maybe that is one of the reasons why they don't ship abroad.Mrspeaker - I tried to convince them to ship abroad, it's not happening. This is why I'm thinking of picking some stuff up when I'm out there.
How much for the 737 throttle quadrant for Win7? Might be interested in asking a favour of you if it's not too expensive! ;)

I would love to get a 737 throttle, too bad he doesnt ship :(

If it's so expensive to ship then you might as well go there yourself. :( And throw in a holiday as well.

Here's what I got when I asked about delivery outside Japan. Seems like great support, though - he/she answered me within 15 minutes!!!Dear Sir, Thanks for the e-mail. お問い合わせメールありがとうございます。全ての商品はオーダーメードで製作していまして在庫はありません。また注文と販売は日本国内に限らせて頂いています。 その理由は、以下の通りです。1.海外との決済システムがない。2.私は英語が得意ではなく、設定マニュアルも日本語のみで技術サポートが出来ない。3.海外輸送途中に破損等の恐れがある。4.将来的にも海外への進出は考えていない。 Our products can be order only in Japan.and technical support language is Japanese only.Sorry. ご希望に添えず申し訳なく思います。操縦桿工房設計・製作担当Regards,

Remember that you are going to have to pay import duties on this stuff, which can easily add 25-30% to the total costs...My parents ordered some stuff off the NASA website for my children... I ended up having to pay €50 in import duties... which is paid on delivery and shipping too, by the way...Then again, those are all costs born by the purchaser, not the vendor. I cannot understand why any business in this day and age does not want to sell abroad, unless there are trade/copyright issues here?Andrew

Remember that you are going to have to pay import duties on this stuff, which can easily add 25-30% to the total costs...My parents ordered some stuff off the NASA website for my children... I ended up having to pay €50 in import duties... which is paid on delivery and shipping too, by the way...Then again, those are all costs born by the purchaser, not the vendor. I cannot understand why any business in this day and age does not want to sell abroad, unless there are trade/copyright issues here?Andrew
I think the biggest problem is tech support in English & it's probably not worth the hassle of shipping faulty items back and forth and host of other legal issues. These guy's are likely making a nice little earner just selling inside Japan.

Rob Prest

Captklm, I would gladly buy one if you got one up on ebay

Hi guys!would it be possible to get a price list in yen?if its reasonable i would definately buy on ebay or from an avsim member in Japan.these look like pretty nice units!regards Steff

Strange how the actual yoke in those pics is a Saitek. They obviously aren't tired of it. Makes the title of this thread weird too.RegardsRichie Walsh