Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michal

internet issues - unwatned redirect

Something fishy is going on with my PC/internet.I am constantly getting to internet sites I do not want.It is most typical with google searches - for example I click on one of the google search results and instead of ending up on wikipedia I am redirected to some commercial site that sells airline tickets. The sites look legit but this is definitely not what I wanted.This problem did not exist say 2 weeks ago.Any ideas?

Sounds like a worm on your computer or something similar.

Something fishy is going on with my PC/internet.I am constantly getting to internet sites I do not want.It is most typical with google searches - for example I click on one of the google search results and instead of ending up on wikipedia I am redirected to some commercial site that sells airline tickets. The sites look legit but this is definitely not what I wanted.This problem did not exist say 2 weeks ago.Any ideas?
Scan your PC with this http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free I use it, you may have some unwanted malware.This is working great, I use it myself, free version.Good luck.

Combofix.If that doesn't solve your problem, seek advice from the makers of said program at bleepingcomputer.com

I've always been a Spybot Search and Destroy guy myself. Though I haven't installed it since this computer build. Firefox (free) in conjunction with the "No Script" add on (free) and Microsoft's Security Essentials (also free) seem to be the strongest "approachable" combination.

thanks, I am using combofix because I finally googled and got this page that shows how to do it step by step. But it is a much more complicated process than I and probably any of you thought, I am not bug-free yet.. By the way, I used all available Microsoft tools and none found anything bad on my PC.http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:D-gmxNJMSe4J:www.techspot.com/vb/topic161423.html+internet+unwanted+redirect&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

Have you checked your DNS IP settings to make sure they haven't been tampered with?

I think I fixed the problem. It took running TDSSKiller + ComboFix (the latter in the Safe mode).