Sign in to follow this  
marcon8122

How do you use throttle in takeoff in boeing type

A simply question how do you use the throttle during take off with a boeing tipe ? If i follow procedures i have to move it around 40 % with AT armed then to press TO/GA button but i have noticed that if i take throttle at 40 % position TO/GA doesn't works i hve to press TO/GA in idle position o to move trottle to 100 % for AT working.What's the correct procedure ?

A simply question how do you use the throttle during take off with a boeing tipe ? If i follow procedures i have to move it around 40 % with AT armed then to press TO/GA button but i have noticed that if i take throttle at 40 % position TO/GA doesn't works i hve to press TO/GA in idle position o to move trottle to 100 % for AT working.What's the correct procedure ?
Marco-What type of airplane are you inquiring about?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'm trying with 747 PMDG and i want to do the correct procedure for de rate takeoff i'm using also topcat. I set correctly the parameters in FMGC . I'm using to much airbus and the MD11 with a different takeoff :( it's time to use more Boeing waiting for NGX

I'm trying with 747 PMDG and i want to do the correct procedure for de rate takeoff i'm using also topcat. I set correctly the parameters in FMGC . I'm using to much airbus and the MD11 with a different takeoff :( it's time to use more Boeing waiting for NGX
Announce TAKEOFF, move throttles to 70% N1 (Just below of the N1 sign), wait to stabilize, hit TO/GA.I think is the correct procedure, i'm not a real pilot.

But hte 70 % N1 is not for the AT engagement of the MD11 ? Big%20Grin.gif I'm not talking about the real plane but the sim if i move to 70 % and i hit TO/GA it stay at 70 % and the image in 3D cockpit show me the thrust levers trying to go at 90 % but blocked at 70 / 71 %

Announce TAKEOFF
:( You mean i should tell my screen that i´m gonna takeoff now??? Sounds weirdBig%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gif But maybe i didn´t understand what you want :(

regards,

Alexander Marx

Maybe something is interfiering with the throttle. There is an option on the PMDG menues to disable the joystick axes when the AP its on, myabe is that.Also, don't know if this is your case, but the PMDG has an custom shortcut for TO/GA, the default FSX shortcut doesn't work.If that dosn't help you, may there is something wrong anywhere else.I use the Queen al the time with FS2Crew and i alwais do the same procedure.

:( You mean i should tell my screen that i´m gonna takeoff now??? Sounds weirdBig%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gif But maybe i didn´t understand what you want :(
heheheh it does sound weird. I just too used to FS2Crew Vice commander for the 747, and I have to annouce the TAKEOFF as per SOP.

Ok i have found the solution was a problem with my fsuipc config now when i call takeoff my cat respond Meow i press to ga and all works correctly but without the Cat ok for takeoff i have To abort it :-)

Hmmm, a Cat III take off.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I usually have to push my joystick throttle fully forward after pressing the TOGA button, as in a lot of aircraft after setting takeoff power the autothrottle declutches to aid manually closing the thrust levers in the event of a rejected takeoff. If I left my joystick throttle at idle or 40%, the engines would spool up initially and then return to idle again.Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I usually have to push my joystick throttle fully forward after pressing the TOGA button, as in a lot of aircraft after setting takeoff power the autothrottle declutches to aid manually closing the thrust levers in the event of a rejected takeoff. If I left my joystick throttle at idle or 40%, the engines would spool up initially and then return to idle again.Regards,Tom Wright
The Autothrottle declutches "OFF" to prevent any malfunctioning of the servo's resulting in taking power back. I don't believe it has anything to do with a rejected t/o.Bert Van Bulck

The technique I was taught is to advance thrust levers to target 70% N1, ensure that all engine values are normal, that both engines spool up at the same rate and to the same values, then press the TOGA button and follow the thrust levers with your hand as the A/T mechanically sets the required takeoff thrust.In the 737NG you can initially set thrust by 'standing the thrust levers up". What this means is that when the thrust levers are physically vertical, that corresponds to about 70% N1. A good rule of thumb which worked nicely in the fixed-base NG simulator I worked in.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Don't kill me but i prefere the airbus system for thrust management.

Don't kill me but i prefere the airbus system for thrust management.
:(

Another question you suggest me to buy the FS2crew producst ? They seem to be very interesting. SO i can call Take OFF and the checklist in voice mode and my wife will definitely pay for me the rest of the flying hours i need to take license or more probably will took me to a manicomy :D