Sign in to follow this  
Devinci

What Scenery would you like in FSX?

Dubai, Narita or Atlanta would be my requests, all are missing from Fsx as far as I am aware.

Rich

Dubai (OMDB)would be great. The FSX version is very outdated and empty.

Eric

A developer in already working on Salt Lake. There is a post on it in the FSX forum with a link to a screen shot of progress.

Sean Campbell

Thanks so much for this information I had no idea!

Brandon Platt

Dubai, Narita or Atlanta would be my requests, all are missing from Fsx as far as I am aware.

Rich

I'm just amazed no one has done a respectable KATL yet...

The ImagineSim version of KATL is pretty solid, not as nice as an FSDT or FlyTampa version would be since its a little bit older,but it looks pretty good considering that is was done years ago and actually performs better on my rig that the default KATL does.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I would like YSSY, YPPH, and YPAD for Australia. And for Canada, CYYC, CYEG, CYVR, (I'm aware that sceneries are being developed for these airports) and also a good scenery for Bermuda would be awesome!

Deftinatley a YSSY Sydney NSW Australia.

It's literally Australia's main hub for International Flights.

Orbx believe it would bring most systems fps to a point where it is too difficult to run using their texturing techniques, which, looking at the likes of YBBN, is a believable concern. However a 'lighter' scenery might work. I do think, however, that any YSSY airport would have to include Sydney's Central Business District, changing the Harbour Bridge to be more realistic, (no wire arch, an actual thick metal arch), and perhaps reducing polygons in the CBD to liberate some fps and less taxing on systems.

I would also really, really, really want to see General Holmes Drive (the 8 lane highway) that goes UNDER taxiway Alpha, Bravo and Charlie and Runway 34L/16R ... actually go under said structures. The airfield is at 21ft altitude or so, with the road some 15ft below that.

I'v seen taxiways go over functional roads before in flyTampa and FSdreamTeam scenery before (KTPA, KDFW) so I know it can be done. It doesn't need to be 7 pixels per cm to be 'good scenery'. We'v all seen the likes of FSDT, UK2000, NL2000, Eiresim, Aerosoft etc do good scenery at less resolutions which not only look good, but are far less taxing on our PC's than Orbx. If we had this, YSSY would suddenly be viable as a hub again.

(on a personal note, I live in Melbourne now, but used to reside in Sydney, and back in 2003, flew my First Solo flight at YSBK Bankstown)

Due to the above - YSBK. I reccon Orbx COULD do a YSBK Bankstown (or even Ants Aussie as freeware/payware. Ants has done some incredible freeware airports that look every bit as good as anything I'v seen Aerosoft do as payware. A great example is his YPDN Darwin, or YPTN Tindal/Katherine, and YBHM Hamilton Island sceneries. OZx have also done some good large airports such as Townsville YBTL and Wynyard YWYY.) If Ants Aussie were to move into the Payware airports field with YSBK (and he already sells small GA Aircraft types from his site) then I could see that being a great product with a high amount of sales.

YPPH is also a useful airport, however it would be more useful with the following products.

1: A Boeing 717-200 (Qantaslink)

2: A BAe146

3: A Dash-8 or Q400.

4: King air 200 or 350 with something like RealityXP GNSS530 in it.

5: ATR72 (FSX)

6: Scenery for Western Australia such as:

a; Newman

b; Broome

c; Kalgoorlie

d; Karratha

e; Port Hedland

f; Derby/Curtin

(Current Orbx Jandacot and Busselton + OZx Albany, Bunbury, Margaret River etc.)

-------------------------------------

The other day I was planning to fly a certain SAS flight to St Petersburg Pulkovo. FS9 has plenty of great looking scenery, but FSX had... nothing at all that I could find. 2nd biggest city in Russia? No FSX addon scenery.... then again, BIGGEST city in Australia (YSSY), no FSX addon scenery.

Trent Hopkinson

CYEG! Or CYYC

+1. I wish Orbx would do more Canadian airports. Their work is awesome. Thankfully FSDT is doing my home airport CYVR. Hopefully this summer.