Sign in to follow this  
pao

Weather Radar

Dear PMDG, since you decided not to model the NGX weather radar (with good reasons), why don't you remove the weather radar plate in the cockpit so that we don't end up with non-functional buttons ? That could be that the option had been removed from the aircrfat ?? ... and then, all switches and buttons would be functional ! :( Just my 2 cents..

too much, too soon....

You could put X Gauge in that open spot!

You could put X Gauge in that open spot!
... or a pack of chips ! :(

too much, too soon....

There will be the click spot to activate Fs2Crew NGX Voice Commander Version Big%20Grin.gif

There will be the click spot to activate Fs2Crew NGX Voice Commander Version Big%20Grin.gif
Just the idea of the PMDG NGX and FS2Crew voice gives me goose bumps Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

Just an idea from me: What about making the switches for the weather radar functional and even modell the test mode, but just put an INOP label on the WX radar? So we'd have an realistic working (Well actually not working, but you know what I mean) weather radar just like in some NGs in real life!And by the way, I'd prefer having the FS2Crew panels on the ND and the System display like in the MD11. It's best when you can have access to them while looking straight ahead i think.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Just an idea from me: What about making the switches for the weather radar functional and even modell the test mode, but just put an INOP label on the WX radar? So we'd have an realistic working (Well actually not working, but you know what I mean) weather radar just like in some NGs in real life!And by the way, I'd prefer having the FS2Crew panels on the ND and the System display like in the MD11. It's best when you can have access to them while looking straight ahead i think.
+1I have seen videos where the TCAS was INOP and there was a "permanent" white advisory message on the EICAS (B744). I'm not sure what the rules are for the WXR, but if PMDG could model something similar I'd prefer it to the buttons doing nothing. Although for me this is a non issue as so much else has been modeled.

Dear PMDG, since you decided not to model the NGX weather radar (with good reasons), why don't you remove the weather radar plate in the cockpit so that we don't end up with non-functional buttons ? That could be that the option had been removed from the aircrfat ?? ... and then, all switches and buttons would be functional ! :( Just my 2 cents..
So you want us to remove the button on the EFIS? Ok.. that's kinda silly, don't you think? You have 600+ things to click on in the PMDG 737NGX... including the WX button on the EFIS, which is not 100% non functional anyway.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

So you want us to remove the button on the EFIS? Ok.. that's kinda silly, don't you think? You have 600+ things to click on in the PMDG 737NGX... including the WX button on the EFIS, which is not 100% non functional anyway.
I think he meant the WX radar controller rack from the electronics panel down in the pedestal.

+1I have seen videos where the TCAS was INOP and there was a "permanent" white advisory message on the EICAS (B744). I'm not sure what the rules are for the WXR, but if PMDG could model something similar I'd prefer it to the buttons doing nothing. Although for me this is a non issue as so much else has been modeled.
I know PMDG is probably going to hate me for mentioning this, cut me from the beta team, and set up their eCommerce system to ignore me but here it goes. The TCAS INOP was for older aircraft where they were getting ready to install and activate the system but it wasn't done yet. Nowadays if that came up on an airliner, it would probably be grounded until it's fixed. As for the WXR (did I ever mention i think PMDG is the bestest company in the world?Big%20Grin.gif), airliners operating under Part 121 (basically the airlines) are required to have a functioning system onboard unless operating within Hawaiian Airspace or in Alaska and parts of Canada, or on a training, test, or ferrying flight. But hey, if you're using the BBJ for your own personal use, you don't need one! Come to think of it though, Part 121 doesn't apply to FSX so maybe I'll live?

I know PMDG is probably going to hate me for mentioning this, cut me from the beta team, and set up their eCommerce system to ignore me but here it goes. The TCAS INOP was for older aircraft where they were getting ready to install and activate the system but it wasn't done yet. Nowadays if that came up on an airliner, it would probably be grounded until it's fixed. As for the WXR (did I ever mention i think PMDG is the bestest company in the world?Big%20Grin.gif), airliners operating under Part 121 (basically the airlines) are required to have a functioning system onboard unless operating within Hawaiian Airspace or in Alaska and parts of Canada, or on a training, test, or ferrying flight. But hey, if you're using the BBJ for your own personal use, you don't need one! Come to think of it though, Part 121 doesn't apply to FSX so maybe I'll live?
The TCAS in our screenshot is not inop, it's simply turned off. The indication on the ND is "TCAS OFF".

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

The TCAS in our screenshot is not inop, it's simply turned off. The indication on the ND is "TCAS OFF".
I didn't mean in your picture. I believe the post I was responding to was talking about the TCAS INOP message seen in ITVV's CPA B744 video. I just meant in general that's why it's displayed.

I think he meant the WX radar controller rack from the electronics panel down in the pedestal.
Exactly Eric, that's what I meant.

too much, too soon....