Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Starting FSX and other programmes

When I wish to have a long flight with FSX, I usually start GBoost, then FSX, then Aivlasoft Data Provider then the Display Unit, followed by Freetracker and then finally the VRInsight programme for my M Panel (arriving hopefully this week). My question is: Is their a programme out there which will run all of the exe's automatically for me (preferably after a user determined time delay time delay).Many thanksJohn

You could just make a .bat file in notepad:START C:\fsx\fsx.exeSTART C:\fsx\GBoost\gboost.exeetcNot sure about delays but that shouldn't really matter

You can insert a delay in a batch file with the "timeout" command. "timeout 10" will delay batch file execution for 10 seconds, for example.

HelloThis is what I use to defrag memory - start FSX then TrackIR, Radar Contact, FSChatter Live plus shut down a load of services.When I exit FSX all the services restart and the programs shut down.You can also use Fsuipc to start programshttp://alacritypc.kensalter.com/

Defrag memory? Are you kidding me?
Set this up like describe in manual and try it, i'll think you would be surpriced. :(

Defrag memory? Are you kidding me?
HelloNo I am not kidding you.Basically defragging memory reduces the working sets of the running processes by moving pages out and frees up as much memory as possible.Note the amount of free memory before FSX and supporting programs loadSquishy why is it that you feel the need to mock whatever folk tell you?Even in threads where people are trying to help you out, you have a tendency to doubt what they are saying.Remember you are the one having CTD problems and for some reason are unable to get Proflight Emulator working properly.Some of use who have been doing this stuff for many years do not have the problems you seem to do.

HelloThis is what I use to defrag memory - start FSX then TrackIR, Radar Contact, FSChatter Live plus shut down a load of services.When I exit FSX all the services restart and the programs shut down.You can also use Fsuipc to start programshttp://alacritypc.kensalter.com/
Thanks for this HU.Much appreciated you sharing it with us.

HelloNo I am not kidding you.Basically defragging memory reduces the working sets of the running processes by moving pages out and frees up as much memory as possible.Note the amount of free memory before FSX and supporting programs loadSquishy why is it that you feel the need to mock whatever folk tell you?Even in threads where people are trying to help you out, you have a tendency to doubt what they are saying.Remember you are the one having CTD problems and for some reason are unable to get Proflight Emulator working properly.Some of use who have been doing this stuff for many years do not have the problems you seem to do.
I'm sorry, but memory doesn't get fragmented.Also, free ram is bad. If stuff is in your ram then it will load faster. Win7 will clear RAM if it needs more for FSX.So ye, that's why

I'm sorry, but memory doesn't get fragmented.Also, free ram is bad. If stuff is in your ram then it will load faster. Win7 will clear RAM if it needs more for FSX.So ye, that's why
HelloI'm sorry squishy, you had better tell microsoft that memory fragmentation does not exist.May save them from a lot of coding going forward :( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc767886.aspx> Operating systems that support multitasking allow code and data from multiple applications to exist in the computer's physical memory ( random access memory) at the same time. It is the operating system's responsibility to ensure that physical memory is shared as efficiently as possible, and that no memory is wasted. As a result, an operating system's memory manager must contend with a problem called memory fragmentation . Memory fragmentation refers to the situation where free (available) memory becomes broken into small, scattered pieces that are not large enough to be used by applications (Figure 1). In the example shown here, free memory is separated into three separate blocks.

There are computer techies that work for $15 - $20 an hour in stores like Radio Shack, or Newegg, and believe that the sun shines out of their a#$@$ - and think of themselves as 'geeks' - and then there are the Computer Techies that are earn $50 - $300 and hour, maybe more - that are the true 'geeks' in the professional side of the IT industry. The quiet, measured approach guys are usually the latter. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

HelloI'm sorry squishy, you had better tell microsoft that memory fragmentation does not exist.May save them from a lot of coding going forward :( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc767886.aspx> Operating systems that support multitasking allow code and data from multiple applications to exist in the computer's physical memory ( random access memory) at the same time. It is the operating system's responsibility to ensure that physical memory is shared as efficiently as possible, and that no memory is wasted. As a result, an operating system's memory manager must contend with a problem called memory fragmentation . Memory fragmentation refers to the situation where free (available) memory becomes broken into small, scattered pieces that are not large enough to be used by applications (Figure 1). In the example shown here, free memory is separated into three separate blocks.
Yep, except that memories seek time is so fast fragmentation that it's hardly relevant... (at least in FSX performance)

Yep, except that memories seek time is so fast fragmentation that it's hardly relevant... (at least in FSX performance)
HelloSquishy, I give in.I really hope you stick around, we are all going to learn lot's from you :(