Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Recommendation for program

Can anyone recommend a program which has all the elements of the checks the pilots go through via the checklists, etc. I am really looking for built-in aircraft checklist files in this too. Ideally this would be pre-flight, takeoff, etc.etc.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Can anyone recommend a program which has all the elements of the checks the pilots go through via the checklists, etc. I am really looking for built-in aircraft checklist files in this too. Ideally this would be pre-flight, takeoff, etc.etc.ThanksShez
HelloFlightdeck companion by Oncourse softwareCan be configured for any aircraft and also adds airport ambience and much more.

You can use voicechecklist here on avsim. You can use a computerised voice or your own or other checklists with other voices. It also provides for voice recognition allowing you to respond.I use it for the VC10 which has almost 100 checks just for the pre-flight! And I have a cockpit emergency briefing!!vololiberista

Shez: Flight Deck Commander is DA BOMB -- I've got a couple of the "straight off checklist programs", where you check each item off in a preconfigured list, payware and freeware, and I haven't moved off FDC since I first found it about 2 1/2 years years ago. I don't have access to my FS computer right now, but there's one other that's a straight checklist program that was a rather distant second, and I'll try to track it down when I get home tonight, if you like.

Shez - there is a program that was reviewed on AVSIM that uses voice recognition to interact with copilot and ATC -- it is called Multi Crew Experience. It includes checklists but much more - gives you the entire gamut of cockpit interaction - commands, checklists and ATC - there is a video that shows an entire approach and landing controlled by the "copilot" carrying out commands from the "captain." I'm not sure if the checklists are configurable by the user or if you can only use those that come with the program, but I think you should search for it and check it out. As I recall, it has a free trial period... FDC is a good program but quite old. The one that Chuck recommends (Hey buddy! :( ) is not one I'm familiar with but if he recommends it, I am sure it is excellent as well.Here is the link to the Multi-Crew Experience websitehttp://www.multicrewxp.com/index.html

HelloHere are a few videos showcasing what Flightdeck companion can dohttp://www.ocs-support.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31

Thanks for all the inputs everyone. They both look great!I will evaluate these options and pick one over the weekend.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"