Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

what is the best cpu fan for overclocking
Only been using for a while but am very impressed: NOCTUA. NH-D14 but it does have its restrictions as far as ram clearance and case size is cocerned.Regards,

I have this fan and found the installation was very simple. You do need to do your homework regarding the ram and to a lesser extent the case. Also check your MB ram slots because you may be able to skip slot #1 making the fan clearance almost a non issue.Mark.

I have this fan and found the installation was very simple. You do need to do your homework regarding the ram and to a lesser extent the case. Also check your MB ram slots because you may be able to skip slot #1 making the fan clearance almost a non issue.Mark.
Actually, depending on your board (meaning exact location of ram slots) you can also get away with moving the clip on the 120mm fan, up one or two fins to clear the ram. If the ram is under the sink itself then of course this won't apply.

Was going to go the Noctua route with my new 2600k but got the Corsair H70 instead. Very happy with it so far.