Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iGuardian

Sound Environment X

Anyone here used Perfect Flight - Sound Environment X? I installed it yesterday and I don't really see too much of a difference or I should say almost none at all... Install was pretty simple too, just run the file and point to FS X folder.

Guest firehawk44
Anyone here used Perfect Flight - Sound Environment X? I installed it yesterday and I don't really see too much of a difference or I should say almost none at all... Install was pretty simple too, just run the file and point to FS X folder.
A Google search of Sound Environment X seems to confirm your suspicions....Best regards,Jim

Read this:http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?187503-WARNING-Do-NOT-buy-Perfect-Flight-Sound-Environment-X

"Perfect Flight" - that's all you need to now. Kinda like saying "hey I just bought this Rolex from this guy on the corner and it doesn't seem to keep proper time."

The only 'perfect flight' which will happen, is when they take flight with your money, which I'm sure they will regard as being a perfect result.Al

If Nick (Meatwater) says it's crap, it must be. He is a sound guru who knows his stuff.
Yes, he's right. The original sounds were sampled at 22,050 "points" every second. You can convert the file to 44,100 Hz, but what do you use the extra sample points for? There's no information about what those point should be, just as a low-resolution picture won't magically become more detailed if you resize it by 200%. The individual pixels just become bigger.Simply cloning the mono channel to create a stereo file will not create a stereo effect. Our brains use the phase and level relationship of the two channels to decode stereo information. These phase differences is the reason that when flying a twin-engine airplane in the sim, you can tell that the sound is coming from two places at once, where as when you pan the view in your C172 cockpit, the mono engine sound is panned in the stereo field.

just as a low-resolution picture won't magically become more detailed if you resize it by 200%.
Except on CSI, where they appear to have a magic version of Photoshop that can enhance a 72 dpi image so that you can see the hairs on people's arms on a photo, which was taken from 300 yards away, simply by drawing a box around it and zooming in.Al

Actually there was a difference that I had

When I turned my cockpit to the left

All the sounds go to the left

When I turn the cockpit view to the right

All the sounds go to the right