Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

[old] LINDA v1.13 released!

Is this a bug when running under XP

LINDA doesn't support Win XP, sorry.

But you can try to delete FSX/Modules/linda-cfg/system/linda-gui.ini file, where LINDA saves windows positions and sizes.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Günter, thank you very much for your work it helps and inspires!

Any chance to work on OpenCockpits hardware like MCP, EFIS, etc? They all use SOIC and it is not so easy as with you GUI and LINDA/LUA.

Thanks, Luis

Hi all,

Can Linda help to integrate my VRinsight MCP Panel v1 to ProSim 737 ?

I can't find anything in the aircraft list. Any quik guidlines are welcome.

Thank you have a nice Sunday.

Léopold

Hi all,I have purchased a MCP 2 panel for use with PMDG 747 400x, to set up the MCP panel using Linda do I need the full download with the Modules, or just the minimal download, I have a full paid version 4.82 FSUIPC which I use for all axis controls. all I want Linda to control is the MCP panel. Many Thanks in advance for any replies. Dave

Hello,

current version of FSUIPC is 4.86

You can just download the minimal one, but then you have to add every addon module separately, means you have to download each module and insert it manually.

I would recommend downloading the full package as it is really not that big.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use also this Bodnar thingy and can highly recommend it.

You really need no electronic knowledge. Enter the next electronic shop or have a look at conrad.com, this is a german store for electronics (don't if there's also one in Italy?) Enter "switch" in the site search and you get countless switches you can use.

What you need before is a plan which settings you want to have: lights, gear, battery, hydraulics, etc?

I would recommend to keep it simple the first time until you have experimented a bit.

Just take an old box and mount the switches in there ...

This is my switchpanel - primitive but it works ...

dsc02523g.jpg

wow that looks great. I wish you guys would share the details on how to build such a thing in public and not only in PM ;)

How do I have to think about that leo Bodnar board? I ve seen the board online with all those connectors: I have no clue about electronics so my wish would be: I choose the switches or buttons to press and link them to the BU0836X connector. It says, you can connect up to 32 buttons or switches. Ok I buy the switches and the wires and connect them to the board and than use a USB cable to connect to PC. Then it will be recogniced by the OS and I can configer it ? Could it be that simple??? Thanks for any reply :)

@

WOW WOW WOW...that LINDA is one of the greatest tools I ve seen so long to configure HID's which is also for free. Thanks so much. I am just wondering how much work it would be to change Linda to be compatible with one of the DCS series?

Thanks for any help

Cheers

Demon

Here are some mirrors for the Linda files mentioned in the first post in the thread. Occasionally the LINDA website is unavailable so these links can be used as a backup. They are located in my own private Dropbox.

Linda V1.1 zip 5Mb - full package with all addon aircraft modules.

LINDA-v1.11_without_modules.zip (zip, 5Mb) - complete LINDA without any addon modules (but of course standard FSX aircraft).

LINDA Manual (PDF) -- read here on the installation process.

Brian's beginner Guide: "Indroducing LINDA" -- New users should really read this first before using LINDA, it has all the information you are ever likely to need.

Cheers, Andy.

Updated to 1.13.

See the first post or http://fs-linda.com

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Many thanks indeed for the update!   ^_^

I am interested in v1.13's support for the Saitek Pro Flight Switch panel. I don't have one (yet, but may buy one depending on the extent of LINDA's support). How does it work (I'm guessing that all the switches are identifiable and assignable in the usual way)? But can the landing gear LEDs be made to function with (for example) the PMDG 777? Would I need to load any of Saitek's software?

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Hi Brian,

1. Switch panel looks like a joystick for LINDA.

2. Yes, gears indication works fine. And even if one of your gears stuck in transit, you will notice that also. NGX/T7 gears indication should work too (PMDG uses the default FSX code for gears as far as I know), but even if it is not, I'll fix that.

3. No original Saitek software required.

So if you like this panel you can take it without doubts about it's functionality.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

That's great news — many thanks indeed, Artem!    :biggrin:

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Loaded update 1.13, but, still do not have Saitek switch panel showing up as joystick. What have I missed?

Thanks

Danny

Danny

Danny,

Make a screenshot of LINDA's main Settings page.That one with news column.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

What if you have a yoke a throttle quadrant *and* the Saitek switch panel...can it be added?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

If Windows can see your devices in the bog standard game controllers/calibration software then Linda can deal with any joystick, yoke or throttle, it doesn't matter who manufactured them, but it only processes the buttons and dials on those devices, it has nothing to do with axes.

Cheers, Andy.