Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Frame rate limiter kills my frame rates....

Has anyone got this to work. I have set up my new system per NickN's Windows 7 guide, I have used his FSX settings but I have my CFG tuned using Bojote's cfg program. When I run locked at 30 or unlimited I get fantastic framerates, when I go unlimited and add in the frame rate limiter my frames from to as low as 5 and max at 14. I am fine just leaving things locked at 30 but wanted to use this tool if it will help even more. Maybe I set it up incorrectly in the first place, any ideas?Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Has anyone got this to work. I have set up my new system per NickN's Windows 7 guide, I have used his FSX settings but I have my CFG tuned using Bojote's cfg program. When I run locked at 30 or unlimited I get fantastic framerates, when I go unlimited and add in the frame rate limiter my frames from to as low as 5 and max at 14. I am fine just leaving things locked at 30 but wanted to use this tool if it will help even more. Maybe I set it up incorrectly in the first place, any ideas?Mark.
With your setup I honestly dont think you are going to see much effect with the Bojote tweaks. The only one that made ANY difference on my new setup was the reject threshold tweak. The rest I removed.Now, on my old dual core machine these tweaks did help.

Are you running more than 1 monitor?If so you need to double the fixed fps number in the config file of the limter for each additional monitor.So if you have a 2nd screen you will need to set FPS to 60 using FPS limiter.

Keithy George

Doubling to 60FPS with my multimonotor setup didnt fix the bad frame drop using the external frame limiter. I just use the FSX framelimiter and it works well.
In that case, you're all set!BTW, I also found that limiting at 30 inside FSX works best for my system..

Bert