Sign in to follow this  
b737800tuifly

2 Questions for PMDG

1. will the NGX have ground-strobes?(for those who dont know "groundStrobes")

this effect seen on the groundand 2. will the NGX have traffic cones? would be a nice littl feature, that always brings more realismus. :) thanks in advance!

They have already posted pics with the strobes reflecting off the ground at night. Check the pic in this link.https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=207418225964636&set=a.206603396046119.55693.165758250130634&type=1&theater

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

AHaha traffic cones?? Just%20Kidding.gifStrobe lights looking good...

I think by traffic cones, he means at the gate? I notice that some aircraft parked at the gate have an orange cone behind the airplane, aka Delta does that I know for sure...Not really sure what the point of it is, though...

I think by traffic cones, he means at the gate? I notice that some aircraft parked at the gate have an orange cone behind the airplane, aka Delta does that I know for sure...Not really sure what the point of it is, though...
I wouldn't be surprised if it's to let other planes know that spot is taken & they have to park somewhere else...

Maybe traffic cones in the sense you put them around the bird when you have fuel cells open, or the bird is on jacks? Don't know what purpose that would serve.. Is all we use them for where I work is to mark off when aircraft are going through the above so people do not enter/climb on the aircraft in case it blows up, or falls off the jacks.

The strobes/beacons lighting up the ground are already there.What are "traffic cones"?
thats EPIC news!! thanks..god.(dont know why, but those strobe effects, very important for me :D).haha sooo cant wait !but u know what i mean with "traffic cones" :D (just a small feature, i know)look here:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's to let other planes know that spot is taken & they have to park somewhere else...
Maybe traffic cones in the sense you put them around the bird when you have fuel cells open, or the bird is on jacks? Don't know what purpose that would serve.. Is all we use them for where I work is to mark off when aircraft are going through the above so people do not enter/climb on the aircraft in case it blows up, or falls off the jacks.
We put cones there around the wing tips, engines and sometimes the nose of the plane so that who ever is driving around the plane, they don't "accidentally" hit the plane. It gives a little more clearance than you would have if there weren't any cones. Well that's how it is in JFK. Not so sure about in other airports/countries.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

We put cones there around the wing tips, engines and sometimes the nose of the plane so that who ever is driving around the plane, they don't "accidentally" hit the plane. It gives a little more clearance than you would have if there weren't any cones. Well that's how it is in JFK. Not so sure about in other airports/countries.
Depends on the ground handling company and how the contract is laid out. I know UAX does the same, regardless of the ground handling agent. They definitely do it here at IAD. With the larger jets, though, I don't recall any cones.

Kyle Rodgers

Depends on the ground handling company and how the contract is laid out. I know UAX does the same, regardless of the ground handling agent. They definitely do it here at IAD. With the larger jets, though, I don't recall any cones.
Well Large airliners (A346, A380, A330, B747) in JFK (Terminal 4 where I work) also require cones no matter what. When I used to work for UPS, their planes (757, 767 and the A300) also required having cones around them. I guess it does depend on the ground handling company Thinking.gif

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Strobes are already provided as they are an integral part of the aircraft lighting system and are provided to increase an aircraft's visibility. However it is their use that is important. In Australia at least, and probably elsewhere, strobes on air carrier aircraft are not used on the apron or on taxiways going to or from the runway. They are turned on crossing a runway and when entering the runway prior to take-off. They are turned off on exiting the runway after landing. The reason for not using them on the ground is because of the extreme brightness of the strobes and the effect they could have on the eyesight of flight crew of other aircraft.Neil Bradley

When we left Mexico (sorry for the size, no idea how to make em smaller:P3270702.jpgOn a side note, that big Mexican in the reflective vest was NOT happy that I took a picture of the plane.