Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

How to run Linda

Hi Guys sorry to bother you but just tried the ifly version and I still do not have any EFIS functions, any ideas ? maybe its confused between serialfp2 and linda ? should I uninstall serialfp2 and fsuipc and start over ? thank you.Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Is anything else working? Or don't you have any functions with LINDA?Could you assign sth to a Joystick (which would mean that maybe only the MCP is not working?)No need to uninstall SerialFP.Just don't run it.You could backup (!!!) your current FSUIPC4.ini and delete that in the modules folder then.Start FSX once and there will be a fresh FSUIPC4.ini created.Afterwards test LINDA again.Are your COM ports set correctly?Have you tried to reset the Combo?I have the problem (not only with LINDA, also with SerialFP) that I have to reset my Combo on every startup (there's a little hidden knob at the backside of the combo)After reset, restart LUA engine (see LINDA settings)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys sorry to bother you but just tried the ifly version and I still do not have any EFIS functions, any ideas ? maybe its confused between serialfp2 and linda ? should I uninstall serialfp2 and fsuipc and start over ? thank you.
First of all remove any assignments you have for MCP buttons in FSUIPC (I mean those assignments done on FSUIPC buttons/switches panel for MCP). If you have something set there FSUIPC will INTERCEPT those presses not allowing LINDA to receive them.No need in running SerialFP2 any more. And if you have set the virtual COM-port software, disable it too.Dataflow is:MCP com port >>> FSUIPC com port driver >>> LINDA data parserNo settings in FSUIPC except the com-port number for MCP in fsuipc4.ini

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Yes, it looks ok.Switch to th LINDA window and press F1 to open the console window. There you should see some text info about what's happening around.. Copy it here.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

f1 brings up a blank screen (linda console) with pause at the bottom of itdoes fsx have to be running ?********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.703 by Pete Dowson *********Reading options from "C:\fsx\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...User Name="rich sennett"User Addr=""xxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com"FSUIPC4 Key is providedWIDEFS7 not user registered, or expiredRunning inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)Module base=61000000Wind smoothing fix is fully installedDebugStatus=15System time = 27/06/2011 18:40:20FLT path = "C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"FS path = "C:\fsx\"LogOptions=00000000 00000001SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okayVRI port 1 "com3" openedVRI FMER ("MCP Combi") detected on port com3--- NEW LOGGING SESSION -----------Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)Initialising SimConnect data requests nowFSUIPC Menu entry addedC:\Users\Rich\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\777 as 737.FLTC:\fsx\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200\x772.AIREDIT:deleted your personal datas like mailadress and name out of the FSUIPC.log.Please take care not to post such information ... you will get flooded by spam!Günter

Rich Sennett

Rich,Please start a new topic about how to run LINDA. This topic is for iFly 737 module.Read the manual carefully and then describe what are you doing step by step.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

I dumped fuipc and re installed it also, guess I will have to set up ch quadrant again for reversers, that wont mess up linda will it, going to go try it now see what happens be right back

Rich Sennett

Hi Artem:After new install of fsiupc nothing is working, yet everything in the menu says its okDoes this look right also using version RC3 is that the right linda version ?

Rich Sennett

Well I have followed the directions but nothing works except for the hd spd and alt knobs nothing else oh well we gave it a shot, thanks.Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

RC3 sounds a bit old, the current version is LINDA V1.01 (See the LINDA Released! thread). I dont think that the iFly will work with any version before that.If it still doesn't work, then press F1 to start logging when you start LINDA and before you start FSX, then post the log, it might show something.Another thing to try is to start the default Cessna 172 and try to use MCP Combo with that. You should be able to control the autopilot and the radio stack.Anyway, be sure that you are running LINDA v1.01.Regards,Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Rich,Helge is right - start with the simple things. Make default Cessna running with LINDA, then switch to the iFly. And first you should do, is to upgrade LINDA to the latest version.Get links here: http://forum.avsim.n...lcome-to-linda/

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi Guys:I did load the latest v1 and the patch also but I did not try loading cessna first, the radio stack works in ifly and most buttons but the EFIS side of things nothing works, its a pretty easy install process so not sure what I would be doing wrong, running as administrator as always with win 7 64 ? well guys appreciate you taking the time to help, see if I can give it another go tonight. :( Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,Copy there and paste here the console contents after the flight (with iFly737) is loaded and ready.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

I am flying it right now, and it works for me :) When you test it, please list what buttons work. The A/T and F/D plus MCP dials and radio part use the default from fsx while most other buttons and dials use the macros I made.So I am interested in knowing if for instance N1 works as I have programmed that (Note that you can only turn N1 on when FD and AT is on).The log should contain a line saying "iFly 737 aircraft: ???????" and "========> iFly 737 macro: ????????" I am interested in what those ?????? are.Could you tell me what you load into FSX? Do you load a flight or load a specific plane (which?). It would be good if we try on the same example, so if possible, try to load "737-600(Wide Screen)", thats the one I loaded when I started my flight this evening.To Artem/Günter: Can we see in the log somehow if my lua functions gets called and if it runs the macro? Any special debug settings that should be enabled to see that?I ask for all this stuff now, since it seems that when you have time to try, I sleep, and when I am home from work, you go to work, so we have a turnaround of about a day :)Helge

Helge Rasmussen