Sign in to follow this  
Scandinavian

Sound randomly disappears!

Hi!I'am having a strange and serious problem with my FS2Crew. I'm flying the new iFly B737 with voice commander. The problem is that the sound randomly disappears when using FS2Crew, only when using FS2Crew. When it occurs I go to the control panel and reset my speakers, this because it brings the sound back. Here comes the problem though; the sound is back to FSX and to the system sounds, but not to FS2Crew. I can't continue flying with FS2Crew, which is very annoying.I really need some help because I'm lost here!!! :( :( Regards Jonathan

Hi!I'am having a strange and serious problem with my FS2Crew. I'm flying the new iFly B737 with voice commander. The problem is that the sound randomly disappears when using FS2Crew, only when using FS2Crew. When it occurs I go to the control panel and reset my speakers, this because it brings the sound back. Here comes the problem though; the sound is back to FSX and to the system sounds, but not to FS2Crew. I can't continue flying with FS2Crew, which is very annoying.I really need some help because I'm lost here!!! :( :( Regards Jonathan
Hi Jon,You've got some weird audio hardware issue by the sounds of it.Try re-installing your audio drivers as a start.Best,

I have allready tried that and sadly it didn't work. :( Do you have an other theory?/Jonathan
Hi Jon,I'm afraid I have no other theories, other than play with your audio settings. You may need to experiment a bit.Wish I had a better answer for you.Best,

I see. Maybe I could solve my problem by restarting FS2Crew when this event occurs, reset it if you wish. Is there a way to do that more than restart the flight? :( :(

I see. Maybe I could solve my problem by restarting FS2Crew when this event occurs, reset it if you wish. Is there a way to do that more than restart the flight? :( :(
As mentioned, the problem is somewhere in your audio hardware setup. I've never had this one reported before out of a very large user base, so it's probably a setting somewhere on your computer that's the issue.Maybe your sound card isn't functioning right?

I understand what you are saying and I think you are completely right, but I just wonder if I can restart FS2Crew somehow when the problem occurs. I think that if I reset the program it might help me, it might bring the sound back to FS2Crew. (since the sound to everything else is working after a reset of the audio driver :( )/Jonathan

I understand what you are saying and I think you are completely right, but I just wonder if I can restart FS2Crew somehow when the problem occurs. I think that if I reset the program it might help me, it might bring the sound back to FS2Crew. (since the sound to everything else is working after a reset of the audio driver :( )/Jonathan
Best you could try is to reload the flight via the FSX menu. You could also try toggling the 'Voice' button on and off.But if it works for you after resetting your audio drivers, that definitely suggest the issue is somewhere on your system.Best,

I see, but if I have to reload the flight, I might as well restart the computer, everything is lost anyway.:( I'm going to fly some flights today with an updated audio driver, I let you know about the result.:(

It didn't work!:( :( :( Please help me. I really wan't to use this great product, if I don't get it to work I will never ever be able to use your products./Jonathan

It didn't work!:( :( :( Please help me. I really wan't to use this great product, if I don't get it to work I will never ever be able to use your products./Jonathan
Jon,I'm sorry I'm out of ideas. I suspect it's a hardware issue.You can try changing your sound/hardware acceleration setting in Direct X... sometimes that helps.

How do I do that?:( /Jonathan
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's in DXDiag.exeJust do a Google search on how to adjust hardware/audio acceleration.It's a long shot but it might work for you.Cheers

Turns out you can only ghange hardware sound accelration in XP, I'm using Windows 7. Please help, what am I suppose to do?:(

Turns out you can only ghange hardware sound accelration in XP, I'm using Windows 7. Please help, what am I suppose to do?:(
Please contact me via email and we'll do a Remote Desktop session.Maybe I can see something amiss on your system, but I'm pretty certain you have an audio hardware issue.Best,