Sign in to follow this  
Scandinavian

Sound randomly disappears!

Any other suggestions?What should I do now, I would really like to continue with FS2Crew, please help!:( :( /Jonathan
Hi Jon,If it happens randomly like that, then there is probably something in your hardware setup, and there could be thousands of possibilities.

What do you think about buying an external sound card? /Jonathan
Hi Jon,Generally speaking, the newer motherboards don't require an external sound card.However, if you're running an older system, then upgrading your sound card wouldn't hurt.It might solve your issue... Who knows.Cheers,

I'm running a very new system, so maybe that's not a solution. I've been trying to switch between different sound cards, different updates, but nothing works!:( Unfortunately I am 100 percent certain that FS2Crew is the problem, because everything else works fine. (As I mentioned earlier) Please don't give up on my problem, not that I think you would but still.:( /Jonathan

I'm running a very new system, so maybe that's not a solution. I've been trying to switch between different sound cards, different updates, but nothing works!:( Unfortunately I am 100 percent certain that FS2Crew is the problem, because everything else works fine. (As I mentioned earlier) Please don't give up on my problem, not that I think you would but still.:( /Jonathan
Well, if it was in the FS2Crew code, I'd be hearing about this a 100 times a day as we have a large user base.The other guy who experienced said it solved it by checking his key assignments and not pausing the sim.Other than that, I'm out of ideas. I could be some switch somewhere on your system. Who knows.I can always switch you to a different version of FS2Crew if you like.Please contact me via the Contact form on the FS2Crew website.Best,

Gday Bryan,Happened to me again today.On approach into Brisbane sound disappeared when calling for Descent Checklist, I got all the way down to calling for Flaps 15 on approach when i needed to pause the sim.Interestingly when i did pause, the sound came back and whilst still in the pause, replayed everything up to the point from the Descent Checklist right through to when i called for Flaps 15.When i un-paused the sim, everything went back to normal.Strange huh?Andy

Gday Bryan,Happened to me again today.On approach into Brisbane sound disappeared when calling for Descent Checklist, I got all the way down to calling for Flaps 15 on approach when i needed to pause the sim.Interestingly when i did pause, the sound came back and whilst still in the pause, replayed everything up to the point from the Descent Checklist right through to when i called for Flaps 15.When i un-paused the sim, everything went back to normal.Strange huh?Andy
Hi Andy,Please contact me via the Contact Page on the FS2Crew website.I'm going to send you a special version that does 'not' pause the FS2Crew audio engine when the sim is paused.I'll need you to see if that does the trick for you.Best,

I have the exact same problems as described above.Worried.gif I have used Fs2Crew voice for over a year with different planes without any problems. After installing RC 4.3 this week I experience this problem, actually all mentioned above on the first flight with RC4 and Fs2Crew together. For sure we have a compatibility issue here with RC4 and Fs2Crew together. The pause issue might be the key. Important to mention: RC4 keeps working correct, it is Fs2Crew that mess up.Hope that you will investigate Bryan and or others will come up with a solution. Thanks

Hi Michael, Hmmmm. Try it again, but never 'Pause' the sim. See if you can reproduce Pause as the trigger please. Cheers,
I did a successfull flight last night where I didn't pause at all. Great so far. I unchecked the pause at.... NM, in RC4 before the flight. Also, I started FS in windowed mode an then started RC4. I then switched to full screen mode and started Fs2Crew Voice. I also unchecked the prerecorded chatter in RC4 but left the AI chatter ON.This setup seems to work out well. On the next flight I will try to pause and see what happens. Cheers

Hi Michael, I'm pretty sure it's the 'pausing', not RC4 that's the issue. Please contact me via the Contact Page on the FS2Crew website. I'll send you a version of the gauge that does not 'pause' the sound engine when you pause the sim. Cheers,