Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Real Flight 737 ATL-LAS

Out of curiosity, how were you able to take part of the pre-flight and mess around in the cockpit?
Thinking.gif Hard to believe that.

Why? We let people in the cockpit before while we did the whole preflight. No big deal.JackColwill

Why? We let people in the cockpit before while we did the whole preflight. No big deal.JackColwill
Really? Hope your flying next time I go somewhere on teal Jack Big%20Grin.gif

Out of curiosity, how were you able to take part of the pre-flight and mess around in the cockpit?
Simply ask a flight attendant...:blush:The approach into ATL was CRAZY, severe storms at 10pm.......~Kinda scary while descending.-Very low visibility(I could barely see the winglet)~Landing was great though.-Very heavy braking and full reverse.Best Regards,

VERY Weak Departure.... We rolled for like 8000-9000 feet! RWY07L

A question for any pilots here, have you ever flown into SXM? Is it an exciting destination for the crew?
Hi,Yes I have flown in to SMX many times, however not with a airline but with our corporate BBJ!Yep it's a nice destination, but exciting...... no not really! I can think of much more exciting places than SMX!!!RegFrits

Simply ask a flight attendant...:blush:The approach into ATL was CRAZY, severe storms at 10pm.......~Kinda scary while descending.-Very low visibility(I could barely see the winglet)~Landing was great though.-Very heavy braking and full reverse.Best Regards,
They were running an EDCT program for ATL down in Florida. Usually, they only have Call For Release Programs for ATL in South Florida. However, when the EDCT's come into effect for us down here, we know it's a bad day in Atlanta. Glad to know you made it safely home.No need for me to ask anymore as we are pretty close to getting FAM flights back. So pretty soon, I will be riding in the jump seat.

Hi,Yes I have flown in to SMX many times, however not with a airline but with our corporate BBJ!Yep it's a nice destination, but exciting...... no not really! I can think of much more exciting places than SMX!!!RegFrits
Frits,Do you guys use TO1/TO2 and/or Assumed Temp in the BBJ? (Still a 3000fpm+ rocketship I bet, even if you've got the -7B26's, as opposed to the -7B27's) What climb/descent profile do you guys use... 250/280/.80 and .80/310/250? Lastly - ever use flaps 1, or do you guys just stick with flaps 5 for everything?Thanks for letting me geek out on you! I haven't really been able to work these kinds of questions into conversation yet with the BBJ guys I work with. :((I hope this somewhat maintains the subject of the thread - apologies to the other readers if I've strayed offtrack)Tony Fiore(General Aviation Dispatcher / International Ops Coordinator "Handler")

VERY Weak Departure.... We rolled for like 8000-9000 feet! RWY07L
That is one seriously long takeoff roll...nice video! I counted 50 seconds from about the time "power" was applied during the last bit of the line up until wheels off. That is an impressively weak takeoff.Adam

Frits,Do you guys use TO1/TO2 and/or Assumed Temp in the BBJ? (Still a 3000fpm+ rocketship I bet, even if you've got the -7B26's, as opposed to the -7B27's) What climb/descent profile do you guys use... 250/280/.80 and .80/310/250? Lastly - ever use flaps 1, or do you guys just stick with flaps 5 for everything?Thanks for letting me geek out on you! I haven't really been able to work these kinds of questions into conversation yet with the BBJ guys I work with. :((I hope this somewhat maintains the subject of the thread - apologies to the other readers if I've strayed offtrack)Tony Fiore(General Aviation Dispatcher / International Ops Coordinator "Handler")
Tony,Nope we don't use TO1/TO2 we even don't enter temperatures. The people we fly for are always in a hurry, so we are always trying to geth the absolute max out of these birds!The same for the climb/decent profile, their is no specific figuere, it depends of the flight situation (how many passengers, luggage etc, fuel and distance) but around 280 is what I normaly flyThan the flaps: This just depends of the weight of the plane and the runway length available.For example: if we depart from a major airport like Amsterdam, or Houston, then we sometimes try to use flaps 1. As a BBJ you can do this because compared to it's airlines brothers we are (generally speaking) very light. But last week for example I flew into Bromont (CZBM) a small stip near Montreal Quebec, because that is what corporate planes do try to avoid the major airports, and then we have no chance of getting in to the air with flaps 1 I had to use flaps 15 to geth out of their!This evening I am flying a long-haul flight from Amsterdam(EHAM) to Bermuda(TXKF) the estimated flight time is just over 7 HRS! If you like I can post the flightplan after the flight!I hope that I awnserd your questions!Regards,FritsPs I really hope that PMDG releases a BBJ, so that I can practice some procedures and of course for all the others out their, because they fly so damn fast!!!!

Today, I watched a Southwest Airlines B737 depart RSW from intersection F2 (8500 ft of runway) get airborne before both Air Tran and American Airlines B737 did using full length (12,000ft of runway). And SWA was airborne almost 1000 feet before TRS and AAL rotation point :)

Today, I watched a Southwest Airlines B737 depart RSW from intersection F2 (8500 ft of runway) get airborne before both Air Tran and American Airlines B737 did using full length (12,000ft of runway). And SWA was airborne almost 1000 feet before TRS and AAL rotation point :)
I hope that Airtran adopts the Southwest "powerful takeoff" policy once they merge.

I hope that Airtran adopts the Southwest "powerful takeoff" policy once they merge.
I 2nd that motion.BTW, how was the FMC? Did previous products replicate it to the point where you were able to use it pretty easy?

I 2nd that motion.BTW, how was the FMC? Did previous products replicate it to the point where you were able to use it pretty easy?
The aircraft I use simulates the NG pretty well. I new everything to do with the checklist and all of the overhead too. The FMC also was very similar to the simulated one.

Hey JBZ,I missed the initial dispatch today for the RedDog units, when SWA decided to have a little tire problem Whew.gifon 25R (? I think it was R). Was that during takeoff (assuming it was R)?ThanksMK