Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Real Flight 737 ATL-LAS

Hey Rhen. Not that I have anything to hide but in the future please let the individual themself reveal who they work for. I have given hints to some people on here before but there are some who wish to keep that identity to themselves. JackColwill
Sorry about that, will do.

Hey Brian. What I mean is if we are given numbers that let us use the minimum required thrust for take off then I can't see someone else beng able to go lower. But there are other circumstances I might not being taken into account. Like you said, you see them do it. I just know i wouldn't want to be using 11000 feet of runway in a 737. I have seen many a plane use up a lot of runway (more like on an 8000 foot runway though) and its always teeth clenching, isn't it? Hey Rhen. Not that I have anything to hide but in the future please let the individual themself reveal who they work for. I have given hints to some people on here before but there are some who wish to keep that identity to themselves. JackColwill
That would be my next guess. During season, we get a few WJA flights into RSW as well.I've never understood how "maintenance" can justify using the amount of runway AirTran uses down here. On some of the hot days, they don't clear the trees by too much off the end of the runway...The first couple of times, it can be scary to see, hehe

Sorry about that, will do.
No worries. Just some people might be a bit sticky about it.
That would be my next guess. During season, we get a few WJA flights into RSW as well.I've never understood how "maintenance" can justify using the amount of runway AirTran uses down here. On some of the hot days, they don't clear the trees by too much off the end of the runway...The first couple of times, it can be scary to see, hehe
Yeah they'd be picking the leaves out of their teeth if they lost a fan if it is that close of a call!JackColwill

With all due respect I cant see that happening. We fly in there with 800's, with full passenger load, and about 4.5-5.5 hrs of fuel. We will use the double derate (atmospheric conditions permitting) and I have never come close to 11000 feet. JackColwill
And with all due respect, I'm the one that's looking out the tower window 5 days a week. I can't explain why they do it or even how, I wish I knew. All the other companies that fly the 737 don't even come close....heck even the Continental 900's will be airborne before A7 and they are dogs on take off. All I know is, I know who my players are and who I can use during a squeeze play. For example, a lot of pilots in Vegas get upset at us because we seem to let SWA go first but that isn't the case, we simply use SWA to stay out of delays. If I need to squeeze out a departure because approach is pounding the 19's with arrivals, I need to do it quickly. SWA will in most cases take A2 or A3 (I've even seen them take A4 when doing short hops) and the most important, 25L. If an aircraft is within 3 miles of landing 19, I can't roll off of 25R until that arrival slows and confirms an exit prior to 25R. Departing 25L doesn't fall under this rule and if I need a squeeze play, I know SWA will take it around the corner and gun it off 25R.By the way....I've always wanted to know....what do pilots that fly in and out of Vegas feel about the "Ramp Control"? We can't stand them lol.

By the way....I've always wanted to know....what do pilots that fly in and out of Vegas feel about the "Ramp Control"? We can't stand them lol.
LOL I don't mind them but that's because they haven't given me any crap........ yet! Will let you know when they do. heheJackColwill

Glad to know it's not just here at RSW. I'm surprised they get away with it at a busy airport like Vegas.
Well, unfortunately they get away with it because there's simply nothing we can do about it.
LOL I don't mind them but that's because they haven't given me any crap yet! Will let you know when they do. heheJackColwill
Just remember they aren't real ATC's. If you really want to upset them, call them ramp advisory on freq....they love that one! lol

Just remember they aren't real ATC's. If you really want to upset them, call them ramp advisory on freq....they love that one! lol
That move has been named the "ego buster". It is amazing how much attitude (not sure if that's the right word) they can have. I can understand why people like to toy with them.

That move has been named the "ego buster". It is amazing how much attitude (not sure if that's the right word) they can have. I can understand why people like to toy with them.
Lol oh just ask Any of them yourself....they're REAL air traffic controllers.....who "control" a non-movement area. lol

Wildfires in New MexicoFlightDeckBig%20Grin.gifMy SeatThrottlesOverhead

Lol oh just ask Any of them yourself....they're REAL air traffic controllers.....who "control" a non-movement area. lol
lol Yeah, sure they are. :( :( Speaking of attitude: These are recordings of a united flight out of SFO. The first was was bad, the second one was a disgrace to pilots like myself. http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8684.0;attach=5645http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8684.0;attach=5452Take Care Guys!

Sorry to sound like a noob here... but are "ramp control" ground? Or are they who you call to get push and start clearance? Thanks!

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Sorry to sound like a noob here... but are "ramp control" ground? Or are they who you call to get push and start clearance? Thanks!
It really depends on the airport. At Vegas, ramp control is run by the airport. They do the push backs and will "taxi" outbounds to a number spot. At that spot, the aircraft will contact ground (run by the real control tower) to taxi to the runway.

It really depends on the airport. At Vegas, ramp control is run by the airport. They do the push backs and will "taxi" outbounds to a number spot. At that spot, the aircraft will contact ground (run by the real control tower) to taxi to the runway.
Oh ok thank you for clearing that up. I usually listen to various channels for JFK (ground and tower usually, but sometimes delivery, departure....) and I know that they call company and I hear them say to call the ramp sometimes but I was never if they were just saying ramp for company (kind of ignorant on my part...). Anyway, thank you! It must be awesome (and very stressful at times) to be ATC. Sometimes in fsx I open up the radar (a freeware MD-80 came with it haha) and I slew to the top of that airport's tower (usually JFK because I am very familiar with the taxiways, runways, terminals, etc.) and I pretend to be doing tower. I wish I could actually be telling them where to taxi/takeoff and give them clearances etc but I do have a lot of fun doing it when I don't feel like flying. Regards

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

lol Yeah, sure they are. :( :( Speaking of attitude: These are recordings of a united flight out of SFO. The first was was bad, the second one was a disgrace to pilots like myself. http://www.liveatc.n...4.0;attach=5645http://www.liveatc.n...4.0;attach=5452Take Care Guys!
Lol, those United pilots are something else lol. "That's NOT what I'm talking about. we got other programming to do" Lol.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD