Sign in to follow this  
level7

MilViz T-38A Thread?

must be do to some um indiscretions the thread has disappearedi wanted to buy a fast jet and it was down to the L-39 and the T-38A but decided to go to the T-38A seeing as it's a bit closer to home. so far the frames seem pretty solid to me on my system Phenom II X4 925 + 9600GT 512 @1080P. but wow is it tricky to fly, i tried flying without reading any documentation but that hasn't gone so well. will need to spend some more time with it in order to get a feel of this AoA thingy :(

i feel bad for the OP who put up a nice review only to have it disappear

Maybe I broke some rules without knowing it. I can only assume though. :(

Hey, we could start a new one.BobThe L-39 is quite a bit easier to fly. The talon for me is a real white knuckle experience and alot to learn.Bob

must be do to some um indiscretions the thread has disappearedi wanted to buy a fast jet and it was down to the L-39 and the T-38A but decided to go to the T-38A seeing as it's a bit closer to home. so far the frames seem pretty solid to me on my system Phenom II X4 925 + 9600GT 512 @1080P. but wow is it tricky to fly, i tried flying without reading any documentation but that hasn't gone so well. will need to spend some more time with it in order to get a feel of this AoA thingy :(

Hey, we could start a new one.
Yes you could. But... if it goes the direction that the last one did with all the infantile BS, it too will be trashed.

That was quite the thread yea? Actually I am quite suprised someone did not stop it long before now. THE WORLD IS ANGRY!!RegardsBob

Yes you could. But... if it goes the direction that the last one did with all the infantile BS, it too will be trashed.

...but wow is it tricky to fly, i tried flying without reading any documentation but that hasn't gone so well. will need to spend some more time with it in order to get a feel of this AoA thingy :(
This may help. One of the T-38 IP's posted a video showing the proper way to fly a pattern.Here is the urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u13I6fWqwH8

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This may help. One of the T-38 IP's posted a video showing the proper way to fly a pattern.
What's going on with those engine sounds starting around 1:38 to 1:55, but peaking at around 1:48. I've head that before with some sound pack on a few addons, but not all. Is that the thing they refer to as the sound cone issue or something to that effect depending on how the audio was recorded?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Couldn't we delete the infantile BS posts individually, instead of the entire thread?I posted a fairly extensive list of findings from my test flights...and the developer has indicated an intent to address a lot of them. But making all of the discussion in two different threads about this add-on vanish because a tiny few polluted the thread with toxic waste doesn't seem fair in the least.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Couldn't we delete the infantile BS posts individually, instead of the entire thread?I posted a fairly extensive list of findings from my test flights...and the developer has indicated an intent to address a lot of them. But making all of the discussion in two different threads about this add-on vanish because a tiny few polluted the thread with toxic waste doesn't seem fair in the least.
Not at this point, but in the future, YES. However, in order to do that, people need to stop quoting those "BS" posts, because that is why we can't bring the thread back. For every one bad post, there's ten people quoting it, which means removing it from every post in which it was quoted as well. I just took a look at the two threads discussing this aircraft and counted over 50 posts in two threads that would have to be edited. If people would stop quoting the nonsense posts, we would probably never have to remove a thread.

Not at this point, but in the future, YES. However, in order to do that, people need to stop quoting those "BS" posts, because that is why we can't bring the thread back. For every one bad post, there's ten people quoting it, which means removing it from every post in which it was quoted as well. I just took a look at the two threads discussing this aircraft and counted over 50 posts in two threads that would have to be edited. If people would stop quoting the nonsense posts, we would probably never have to remove a thread.
Then the purveyors of nonsense have already won. If the moderators are incapable of separating the wheat from the chaff, then why bother posting anything of substance? :(

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest bstolle
I posted a fairly extensive list of findings from my test flights...
That was exactly where the problem started. You were asked about your professional opinion, but you just provided a (partially questionable) bug list.You posted almost 20 negative points and nothing positive at all.Even in FSX it's as in many other cases; only bad news are good news, so guessing the direction the thread was heading was foreseeable.

Bernt, if a guy with quite some competence posts his views on 20 topics and also includes suggestions or possible solutions, this isn't something to run into but to be happy about.If some items form up different opinions, you can discuss them of course and exactly this discussion was intended, because it's useful for all people involved.I wouldn't relate a 20 item list to an overall negative view, but to a detailed one, that's all.I first wondered why another user asked for Bob's view on the T-38, but, after reading, I was very pleased about some 'think about' items. Milviz also reacted open, which did not render any of your fine work useless or bad.You did well there, I think that Bob also mentioned this. Refinement is an evolutionary process, not a sort of war.But I'm still a bit sad about the whole thread being gone now. I understand the reasons from the mod side, but I liked the different or detailed views on most of the pages and I also think that some potential customers could have made use of them, now.

That was exactly where the problem started. You were asked about your professional opinion, but you just provided a (partially questionable) bug list.You posted almost 20 negative points and nothing positive at all.Even in FSX it's as in many other cases; only bad news are good news, so guessing the direction the thread was heading was foreseeable.
Then you didn't read what I wrote, which started with an overall positive assessment of the add-on. I do remember saying at the very onset it was a good start and worth the $40 asking price. I think that qualifies as positive.