Sign in to follow this  
flybywire0386

FSX realism settings for the NGX

Hi,This question is mainly aimed at Ryan or the wide beta testers, and apologies in advance if it has already been answered elsewhere - was just wondering what FSX realism settings and axis sensitivities you chaps have been using with the NGX when testing the handling characteristics? Seem to remember from previous aircraft that FSX's definition of 'realistic' handling can be anything but. :smile:Many thanks

General realism slider maxed is about the only thing that's required. The way we process the joystick takes into account the stick's range automatically and adjusts.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

General realism slider maxed is about the only thing that's required. The way we process the joystick takes into account the stick's range automatically and adjusts.
Cheers Ryan

Ryan,Sorry if this question is stupid, but does crash detection got to be checked ?I'm asking this because it is not recommended / forbidden in either IVAO or VATSIM ...Cheers

Ryan,Sorry if this question is stupid, but does crash detection got to be checked ?I'm asking this because it is not recommended / forbidden in either IVAO or VATSIM ...Cheers
I'm curious also, as I have a couple of scenery packages that require it to be off. If the NGX benefits from having this feature on, then I'll uninstall the scenery packages.

I'm curious also, as I have a couple of scenery packages that require it to be off. If the NGX benefits from having this feature on, then I'll uninstall the scenery packages.
I doubt having it on would be a requirement. I'm sure they considered how many potential customers fly with it disabled.

The way we process the joystick takes into account the stick's range automatically and adjusts.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but, what do you mean here? Is this in FSX or are you using an external program to configure the sensitivity of your joysticks?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but, what do you mean here? Is this in FSX or are you using an external program to configure the sensitivity of your joysticks?
I think i remember Ryan saying it will be kinda like a Boeing Fly by wire, meaning it will take the inputs from the joystick and process it and make the 73 respond in a realistic manner..

This is simply amazing.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

This is simply amazing.
This is absolutely standard and most basic way to handle input devices like joy/mice, almost every game does it this way.

This is absolutely standard and most basic way to handle input devices like joy/mice, almost every game does it this way.
I still don't know if integrating this into the NGX is a good thing or not then... :(

I'm pretty sure what he means isn't your basic joystick axis calibration. It sounds more like dynamic adjustments. Putting the pedals hard over (if you can even do that) at FL370 doesn't move the rudder like it would sitting stationary on the tarmac.

I'm pretty sure what he means isn't your basic joystick axis calibration. It sounds more like dynamic adjustments. Putting the pedals hard over (if you can even do that) at FL370 doesn't move the rudder like it would sitting stationary on the tarmac.
Yeah, that is also what I thought Ryan meant.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero