Sign in to follow this  
FSXman1000

A Very Important Question for Beta Testers

This may not be relevant to the many who have already made up their minds about buying the NGX,but for the few, like me, who are still on edge about buying it, I have this question to ask. What are the differences between the PMDG NGX and the SimSoft iFly 737NG Series for FSX?The reason I'm asking this is because I had purchased the iFly 737NG for FS9 long ago and got a large discount on theupdate for the product to adapt to FSX. I am not trying to be rude here but I would like to see a list of differences between the two before I go out and spend $60+ on an aircraft that could be potentially the same package... again no insults what so ever here, trying to ask an honest question. :(

This may not be relevant to the many who have already made up their minds about buying the NGX,but for the few, like me, who are still on edge about buying it, I have this question to ask. What are the differences between the PMDG NGX and the SimSoft iFly 737NG Series for FSX?The reason I'm asking this is because I had purchased the iFly 737NG for FS9 long ago and got a large discount on the update for the product to adapt to FSX.
I'm not a beta tester, but I think you are going to have to wait for user reviews once this bird is released to get that comparison. Bruce Knight.

This may not be relevant to the many who have already made up their minds about buying the NGX,but for the few, like me, who are still on edge about buying it, I have this question to ask. What are the differences between the PMDG NGX and the SimSoft iFly 737NG Series for FSX?The reason I'm asking this is because I had purchased the iFly 737NG for FS9 long ago and got a large discount on theupdate for the product to adapt to FSX. I am not trying to be rude here but I would like to see a list of differences between the two before I go out and spend$60+ on an aircraft that could be potentially the same package... again no insults what so ever here, trying to ask an honest question. :(
I have the IFly too... I'll be buying the PMDG based on pictures and anecdotes in this forum alone...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I'm not a beta tester, but I think you are going to have to wait for user reviews once this bird is released to get that comparison. Bruce Knight.
You may be 100% correct there, but I'm just looking to see what the Beta Testers see in the NGX that they do not see in the iFly model.
I have the IFly too... I'll be buying the PMDG based on pictures and anecdotes in this forum alone...
Nice to hear that this aircraft has won you over so quickly LOL.gif

Not only are some of the beta testers saying this is easily the most comprehensive add on in the history of flight sim, you have separate companies like AoA calling the NGX a game changer. Do what suits you, but I think its obvious by not only the screenshots and video, but by PMDG's close relationship with Boeing. Its done deal for me.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the IFly! I love it! But it's not holding water to the features list I'm gathering for myself following these forums.Didn't mean for my post to come across that way, sorry Connor!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the IFly! I love it! But it's not holding water to the features list I'm gathering for myself following these forums.Didn't mean for my post to come across that way, sorry Connor!
Yeah, I get what you mean. Tone of voice is not exactly simulated in text yet. :(

Conner-I appreciate the reason you are asking the question, but I don't think any of our beta testers should handle this question. I am going to handle this question myself- and I am going to be a bit cautious in answering because we don't want to encourage anyone to engage in outright bashing of another developer.The problem with being asked to create a direct comparison in answer to your question is that doing so requires that I give a candid appraisal of the shortcomings of a competing product (something I very rarely do) or it requires that I blither on and on about how wonderful our product is. You should expect me to think our product is the finest since, after all, we've been working on it for three years, we have very high requirements for functionality and quality, and I happen to know the developers pretty well. That being said, we have seen of late that if I am candid with my thoughts on PMDG's products it upsets the delicate sensibilities of a few folks who think that we should not speak of our impressions of our own product quality while they monitor this forum looking for opportunities to be offended.(Yes- makes you wonder about motive- but hey, "it is what it is." So those if anyone reading this is easily offended, skip the following paragraph, please. :( )Historically we have let the PMDG product line speak for itself in terms of product quality. This team is quite comfortable that the PMDG 737NGX is about to set an entirely new standard in simulation products. The qualitative, quantitative and accuracy differences between this product and any simulation of any aircraft currently on the market are vast. This is the most detailed simulation we have ever created, and a significant amount of professional input has gone into the simulation of advanced systems (LNAV, VNAV, Autoflight, mechanical simulation of the airplane, etc)with the result being an extremely high fidelity simulation of the airplane.This is a living, breathing simulation of the airplane with literally thousands of minute details that have not gone un-noticed by the professional 737 crews and mechanics who are helping us with final testing on the airplane.Our mission goal has been to produce a simulation product that is not a cheap knock-off-upgrade of our original NG1.0, but stands as an all new standard in airliner simulation. We feel that we have done so. The PMDG 737NGX is a full-on no excuses simulation of Boeing's prolific shot haul airliner. Almost without exception, if it can be done with the real airplane, it can be done with the PMDG 737NGX. But it doesn't end there: It can be done accurately. We are including the actual aircraft documentation with the PMDG 737NGX not simply because we found it on some warez site and decided it would be easy to include with the product, but because we have licensed their use with the software because the software accurately reflects the aircraft systems and aircraft operations contained within the document.That cannot be said with many other products, including some of our own legacy products.If you are concerned about value, I would suggest you just wait and see how folks in the forum in the respond to the release. I think that will answer any questions you might have.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Conner-I appreciate the reason you are asking the question, but I don't think any of our beta testers should handle this question. I am going to handle this question myself- and I am going to be a bit cautious in answering because we don't want to encourage anyone to engage in outright bashing of another developer.The problem with being asked to create a direct comparison in answer to your question is that doing so requires that I give a candid appraisal of the shortcomings of a competing product (something I very rarely do) or it requires that I blither on and on about how wonderful our product is. You should expect me to think our product is the finest since, after all, we've been working on it for three years, we have very high requirements for functionality and quality, and I happen to know the developers pretty well. That being said, we have seen of late that if I am candid with my thoughts on PMDG's products it upsets the delicate sensibilities of a few folks who think that we should not speak of our impressions of our own product quality while they monitor this forum looking for opportunities to be offended.(Yes- makes you wonder about motive- but hey, "it is what it is." So those if anyone reading this is easily offended, skip the following paragraph, please. :( )Historically we have let the PMDG product line speak for itself in terms of product quality. This team is quite comfortable that the PMDG 737NGX is about to set an entirely new standard in simulation products. The qualitative, quantitative and accuracy differences between this product and any simulation of any aircraft currently on the market are vast. This is the most detailed simulation we have ever created, and a significant amount of professional input has gone into the simulation of advanced systems (LNAV, VNAV, Autoflight, mechanical simulation of the airplane, etc)with the result being an extremely high fidelity simulation of the airplane.This is a living, breathing simulation of the airplane with literally thousands of minute details that have not gone un-noticed by the professional 737 crews and mechanics who are helping us with final testing on the airplane.Our mission goal has been to produce a simulation product that is not a cheap knock-off-upgrade of our original NG1.0, but stands as an all new standard in airliner simulation. We feel that we have done so. The PMDG 737NGX is a full-on no excuses simulation of Boeing's prolific shot haul airliner. Almost without exception, if it can be done with the real airplane, it can be done with the PMDG 737NGX. But it doesn't end there: It can be done accurately. We are including the actual aircraft documentation with the PMDG 737NGX not simply because we found it on some warez site and decided it would be easy to include with the product, but because we have licensed their use with the software because the software accurately reflects the aircraft systems and aircraft operations contained within the document.That cannot be said with many other products, including some of our own legacy products.If you are concerned about value, I would suggest you just wait and see how folks in the forum in the respond to the release. I think that will answer any questions you might have.
Honestly well said! good reply captainJamal

Theres a world of differences between them.

PMDG are the ONLY addon aircraft i own for exactly the above reason. fullstop.

I own both the PMDG J41 and the 747 which I waited a long long time to complete, knowing I`d purchase it if it killed me. The J41 was an impulse purchase, not planned but has turned out to be one of the very few aircraft I`d list as the best I have. The only other company I hold in this same esteem is LVLD. Historically though I know from the planes I have that the next PMDG plane will not disappoint me whatsoever. With the PMDG 737 NGX its another one I waited for, 737`s are a big interest for me and this one sounds far and away to be much more than just a leader of the field, more one that defines the field!Unfortunately funds were not available to get the MD11 and its touch and go to get this one but I know at some point I will fill my virtual hanger with both of them. I am a semi invalid, on a limited budget, so I have to make sure my purchases are really going to be worth all the investment in money I cannot spare too easilly. One final word, I own lots of planes, freeware and purchased. Light planes and jets. But the ones I keep going back to are LVLD (yes the 767) and the PMDG 747/J4100 with perhaps the J4100 most used, even though I didn`t plan its purchase-its just so addictive. Do I need to think twice, with limited funds, about another PMDG purchase? Not at all......Steve Brooks

Hi Conner,It seems like Robert answered your question very diplomatically, I mean dammit, was he ever in politics...As an onwer of the iFLy 737 and knowing one of the Flight1 Certified Professionals who has been very intrumental in the develpment and testing of the iFLy 737, I think that the 2 737 simulations will compliment each other in a roundabout way, if that makes sense.The folks at iFly did a rather good job on thier 737, condiering this really was thier first payware aircraft. The folks at PMDG have been doing this for a number of years now and they have Boeing support. I for one will be purchasing the PMDG 737NGX when released as I do feel that it will be a turning point for payware addons with regards to all the extra systems that they have built into the product and how they have managed to bypass the FSX systems, such as autopilot, so that thier product does what the real conterpart does.

I have the ifly 737 NG (have had it since the FS2004 version was released) and I find it an excellent simulation of a 737 NG, and its getting better all the time, with the upcoming feature pack in the works. Having said that, I WILL be buying the NGX, not only because its a PMDG product and therefore quality is assured! But, also because it will be a landmark release in terms of making FSX 'As Real As It Gets' some of the things that we already know about that PMDG have put into the NGX defy belief, such as the sun on the windows affecting the cabin temp etc!If you bought the iFly, you will not be disappointed, but I think the NGX is a must buy for any serious simmer.