Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

TWA 737-700 with and w/o winglets uploaded to the Avsim Library.....

Steve Aull

Here's the next bird I'm working on rolled out of the paint hanger at Boeing field. There will be a blue one and a green one as well. These are purely fictional repaints. I might make -700 versions, but I haven't decided. The side windows have to be done one at a time...lol. I'm hoping to have the first one uploaded tomorrow evening at the latest.

Braniff-Inprogress-1.jpg

Steve A. Great Job on the TWA :Applause: Everyone need one of those !!! Steve S I thought you were Going Fishing :Whistle: Thanks Guys !!!!

I'm Not Much of a Card Player But i will take a Pair of Steve's any Time. Keep up the Great work.

TWA 737-700 with and w/o winglets uploaded to the Avsim Library.....

....and departing KOWB:

2012-4-7_21-1-23-839.jpg

touch and go at KNOW:

2012-4-7_17-27-37-99.jpg?t=1333838725

I second what Marty says.

Steve A. Great Job on the TWA :Applause: Everyone need one of those !!! Steve S I thought you were Going Fishing :Whistle: Thanks Guys !!!!

I'm Not Much of a Card Player But i will take a Pair of Steve's any Time. Keep up the Great work.

....and departing KOWB:

I second what Marty says.

Thanks Marty and Pete! Yes I did go fishing Marty, but the weather conditions were not good for making a day of it, so I was home earlier than I expected and went back to working on the Braniff project. Here are examples of the 3 colors. I might still tweak the green one as far as color brightness goes. The registration numbers will be different on all three birds.

BraniffOrange-1.jpg

BraniffBlue-1.jpg

BraniffGreen-1.jpg

Thanks everyone! Peter I thought I was making some short landings, I see Rwy 25 is only 4500ft--will have to give that one a go :) Steve the Braniff birds are looking good!

Steve Aull

Love The Braniff, You Guys are Spoiling us for sure !!

Not even close to the Quality of Petedob's shots. I often Check to make sure there not real Pictures

they sure look like it. Leaving Kslc bound for Kden

Have A Great Easter !!!!

TWA 737-800 NGX w/o the winglets uploaded to the library.....

900's are next....

Steve Aull

Thanks Marty and Pete! Yes I did go fishing Marty, but the weather conditions were not good for making a day of it, so I was home earlier than I expected and went back to working on the Braniff project. Here are examples of the 3 colors. I might still tweak the green one as far as color brightness goes. The registration numbers will be different on all three birds.

BraniffOrange-1.jpg

BraniffBlue-1.jpg

BraniffGreen-1.jpg

WOW!!! Braniff look so good ... another AIA traffic I can do to match your repaint... Steve I haven't log in a few days have you by any chance release the 800 Pan Am repaint to the 600 yet ?

Carlitos Colon

WOW!!! Braniff look so good ... another AIA traffic I can do to match your repaint... Steve I haven't log in a few days have you by any chance release the 800 Pan Am repaint to the 600 yet ?

Carlitos Colon

I haven't had a chance to work on the Pan Am -600. That is on my "to do" list. I might get finished it by next weekend, but I can't promise at this point. I'm hoping to upload all three Braniff -600s by tonight. I had to make the Braniff text on the side by hand. The real font "Gerard Sky Slant" is not available anywhere for free, so that forced me to improvise. All I have left is to work on is the bottom color lines. That's a trial and error endeavor based on where the bottom side color meets the silver bottom. The matching along the fuselage is not straightforward in the wingroot sections.

I haven't had a chance to work on the Pan Am -600. That is on my "to do" list. I might get finished it by next weekend, but I can't promise at this point. I'm hoping to upload all three Braniff -600s by tonight. I had to make the Braniff text on the side by hand. The real font "Gerard Sky Slant" is not available anywhere for free, so that forced me to improvise. All I have left is to work on is the bottom color lines. That's a trial and error endeavor based on where the bottom side color meets the silver bottom. The matching along the fuselage is not straightforward in the wingroot sections.

Thx steve for the explanation ... I hope you get that Pan Am blue stripe 600 out by next week end.. Ill keep an eye on here for it..Im dying to have it lol... Im looking forward for it steve thx again.... I love your and Steve repaints...

Carlitos Colon

The side windows have to be done one at a time...lol

Please don't tell me you did a stroke on every one of the 60 odd windows one at a time...

because that is a three click operation...

quick rundown:

- select the "Windows" layer in Fuselage group as active layer. I think there were two variants of them, right?

- use marque tool to select a whole row of windows from front to back.

- select the move tool, nudge the selection one click back and forth by arrow keys

- use stroke on your selection... voilá, 30 odd windows just got their white outline.

These retro paints are awesome! Any chance for a United circa 1980s livery on the 600.

Also, anyone remember Republic? Their early 80s livery would be cool as well.

One more thought, Hawaiian Airlines livery from the 80s would also be beautiful.

Thanks again for all the hard work! I wish a certain other 737 of an older vintage got repaints like this one does.

Jack

Please don't tell me you did a stroke on every one of the 60 odd windows one at a time...

because that is a three click operation...

quick rundown:

- select the "Windows" layer in Fuselage group as active layer. I think there were two variants of them, right?

- use marque tool to select a whole row of windows from front to back.

- select the move tool, nudge the selection one click back and forth by arrow keys

- use stroke on your selection... voilá, 30 odd windows just got their white outline.

LOL....I appreciate the help my friend! I'm still learning some things in Photoshop even though I've been using it for over a decade. I basically made a white window frame over the first window in line and the copied that layer, moved it over the next window, repeated the process unitl all the windows on one side were done, Merged all the window frame layers and the made a copy of that layer for the right side. I guess that's the hard way. The window spacingis not the same so that was the way I went. The more I paint, the more I learn tricks to help save time. I'll try your instructions on the next bird I need to do that on.

BTW, the area that's holding me up on these Braniff birds is the lower color line between the gold and silver in the picture below. The 3D modeling and where the layers overlap and stretch can be a challenge. I will get it done this evening. All I do to make the other Braniff colors is just use the "color overlay" function on the existing layers, so it's easy to make any color combination for a Braniff bird.

Braniff-Inprogress-2.jpg

These retro paints are awesome! Any chance for a United circa 1980s livery on the 600.

Also, anyone remember Republic? Their early 80s livery would be cool as well.

One more thought, Hawaiian Airlines livery from the 80s would also be beautiful.

Thanks again for all the hard work! I wish a certain other 737 of an older vintage got repaints like this one does.

Jack

Hmmm...Republic seems to be in my list along with Frontier, Western, National and others. I'm primarily concentrating on the -600 with some -700 paints. The -800/-900 paintkit is one that I have done very little with. Since I prefer to fly the -600/-700 birds, that is what I have been painting. United might eventually get done. As I've stated before, I have to like the livery to want to paint it as some do take time and patience to do. That's probably why that dark blue top U.S. Airways livery is still on the shelf. I'll just say keep watching, you never know what might show up...lol.