Sign in to follow this  
marco1989

PMDG 737NGX Vs. Ariane 737-900er

I bought my 800 X2 a year ago. I installed it and I'd wait about a week for my activation key. Because the FMC was absolutely unfinished, I could'n fly SID's nor STAR's, and I uninstalled it a few weeks after. In December 2010, I decided to reinstall it and take a look again. New key needed, new delay in getting it for a couple of days. Last April, I upgraded my computer, and the 800 X2 stopped working, si I needed another key due to the hardware changes. The communication sequence is this: (their e-mails are completely transcribed). Me: New e-mail to them asking for a new key. Them: "Why a new key?" Me: "Because I've upgraded my computer". Them: "So you will need to purchase another acrivation key" Me: "Are you saying me that everytime I change home or ISP, reinstall Windows or FSX, and change something in my computer, I'll need to purchase a new key?" Them: "Yes, Sir. This is exactly what we say." I can understand that if I lose my downloaded file, I need to purchase a new download, but the fact to lose my liberty about making changes in my computer, or changing my IP address, thats enough for me!!! Conclussion: Two months ago, I deleted all the files related to them from my computer, backup included. I hope they enjoy my 120 €, but now I am happy. Greetings!!! P.D. Sorry for my poor english.
WOW. That's just outrageous. I can't believe ANY company would do this to it's customer... At the thread creator: I don't think you can expect the other company to keep up with PMDG's NGX, in fact, i can't imagine ANY company (except Boeing itself :( ) to reach PMDG standards when it comes to Airliners.

Hi, thank you for your answers. I know that Ariane is not good, but I only would like to know if it is comparable or even better concerning the Fps. Greetings Marco
Hi Marco, I am going to give a very unbiased opinion, as I also have owned the Ariane 737. In short, PMDG products far outweigh Ariane or anyone out there. Ariane make setup and installation an absolute nightmare as I'm sure you have already found out... the fact that they make you guess when the setup email will arrive is beyond a joke. If they can make a whole aircraft, and have a whole company devoted to that, they should at the very least provide the paying customer with an easy to install, SINGLE file. I purchased their product a couple of years ago, and to this day, have never flown it with a functioning virtual cockpit..because I could never get it working..and I am a very patient person. The plane does look and sound nice..lots of fun, but I won't be purchasing anything from them again. Looking forward to this release of the 737 though...I really hope PMDG stick by the dates they gave ;) I'm in Australia, and according to the post last week, it should be available by around tomorrow! All the best to all and happy flying! John

WOW. That's just outrageous. I can't believe ANY company would do this to it's customer...
X2! In for the Lock! And pleeaaassseeee bring on our NGX!

PMDG NGX= Abnormally awesome. Totally worth it. Ariane= Not so good, infact it's a load of **** /Thread.

Let's say there is no comparison between PMDG and IFLY, and IFLY is mutch better then ARIANE. IFLY have system simulation, on Ariane only way to start engines is CTR+E, but still you can do some very smoot touchdown with ariane Loser.gif - she flyes below stall limits with absolutely no problem LOL.gif .Suport is the best part, they want to help you, but don't know how, I sent them a ticket about problem after instal their 737-800. In the end, I fixed this after advice from PMDG forums. My DLL.XML was corrupted, when I tell them about this, I realized that they had no idea what I'm talking about. Ok, I tallked enough about this.There is only a couple of good addon planes you can compare with NGX - Leonardo Maddog(the best of them, need good soundpack), RealAir Duke(but this is another category, it's GA aircraft) and maybe Level D(becouse of good framerate, otherwise it's good but outdated in my opinion)Please, stop tallking about ariane as Serious developer