Sign in to follow this  
SilvioSilva

DX10 Preview

DX 10 Preview makes all my runways and taxiways flicker, I Googled it apparently it's a common problem, couldn't find a fix :-(

DX 10 Preview makes all my runways and taxiways flicker, I Googled it apparently it's a common problem, couldn't find a fix :-(
Yeah there are multiple issues with the DX10 preview feature in FSX. Its only a preview of FSX and is not really meant to be used as the default mode I dont think. Unfortunately Microsoft didnt implement proper DX10 support for FSX :(

Yeah I've had the same problem. I've come to ignore it. Another thing is that some textures appear gray, but I found a fix to that. Sadly it's payware but it works well. It's called Addon Converter X. It doesn't cost much and it works well. Man I need this NGX to come out NOW!!!!!!! Praying.gif

After watching the AOA vid I downloaded the ENB HDR. Apparently it only works in DX 9 mode. Has anyone got it to work in DX 10 preview? Also why do I get single digit fps while flying over default scenery with default planes with 0% traffic and simple clouds and 10-13 fps over ocean IN DX 9 . however I can run REX 2 , Latin VFR , orbx aceneryAND add-on plains and get 30 fps in DX10 preview.

On my computer,with vista64 . DX10 preview ran great,Under Win 7-64, it ran like a dog.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Sorry to dig up this old topic, but I was looking to see if the PMDG 737NG would work using the DX10 preview since I am considering purchasing. The fix to the flickering runways and tarmacs is located in this thread. http://forums1.avsim.net/topic/267998-dx10-runwaytaxiway-flickering-fix/page__hl__flickerHope this helps,Brian Summers

I use dx10 preview with good graphic, and better frame rate than DX9. The NGX will have no problem with it.The flickering runways can be fixed, I did on my preferred airports.The main problem is with the aircrafts/sceneries not compatible where you have gray textures either during day or night.But the problem is not FSX but the scenery/airplane producer.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I tried DX10 again yesterday...I gained 20+ FPS. I can live with flickering textures for a 20+ FPS increase!Just for fun I loaded up the default King Air 350...my frames were around 110. Never seen FSX frames that high before. It was unreal.

I tried DX10 again yesterday...I gained 20+ FPS. I can live with flickering textures for a 20+ FPS increase!Just for fun I loaded up the default King Air 350...my frames were around 110. Never seen FSX frames that high before. It was unreal.
This is a section of the NGX introduction manual and why I haven't tried it:

DX10 Preview: Turn setting off. DX10 does not significantly

enhance the visual quality of the simulator and it exacts a heavy

performance toll in the simulator.

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

This is a section of the NGX introduction manual and why I haven't tried it:

DX10 Preview: Turn setting off. DX10 does not significantly

enhance the visual quality of the simulator and it exacts a heavy

performance toll in the simulator.

It's true, the visual quality doesn't change much.But I get a load of FPS increase, so the part about "exacting a heavy performance toll" just isn't true, at least for me.

It all depends on hardware configuration.My pc, like for trip7cap, runs faster with DX10 without any loss of detail and only few difference with bloom effects.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I will give it a try, good news is that if it hits you hard or just don't like it, simply turn it off again...

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg