Sign in to follow this  
JusJ

Performance reports?

Hows it actually compared to the Aerosoft AirbusX? Just wondering if anyone could give a percentage in how much better or worse it is. happy.png

Guest Tamadeez

Running Ngx on E8400 stock, 9800GT with 4gb... its modest. That Venetubo thing recommended in the Introduction manual really helped me out visually and made the NGX experience smoother. Thanks PMDG

Because the framerate is depending to many things for each player, I think it could be interesting to compare this addon with other PMDG, like MD11 or J4100 What about the framerate versus these addons ? Thank for informations Luc

Can someone with a dual core post some performance values? I have an E7600@3.4GHz, 9800GT@1Gb, 4Gb RAM, with Windows7 64.

Cristi Neagu

Because the framerate is depending to many things for each player, I think it could be interesting to compare this addon with other PMDG, like MD11 or J4100 What about the framerate versus these addons ? Thank for informations Luc
Or maybe compare it to other good quality products around like the Aerosoft AirbusX, what conserning visuals is quite "OK". Anyone have any advice concerning thse two??

But Aerosoft AirbusX has just basic systems, pretty much like default. I don't see a comparison here. It may be just me though.
I completely agree with you, but I mean to say just as a reference concerning the FPS happy.png We all known that systemdepth on the AirbusX is almost like default planes... but just concerning the visuals/FPS what the comparison would be...

its better to compare this bird with the ifly 737 which can really eat fps.

Unfortunately I can't get much more than 12fps and I'm averaging around 8. I do have a system that does only scrape by the minimum reqs (Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz/GTX 260 896MB) and I am using a 32 bit OS, which PMDG does warn against, so my expectation weren't high to begin with. I'm going to order Windows 7 64-bit tomorrow (since I need it anyway) and see if that improves things. If not, I will just bite the bullet and upgrade to a Sandy Bridge system. Hope this helps those with lower spec systems.
I would hang on and wait for an Ivy Bridge system. They say the 3D architecture should really help.
its better to compare this bird with the ifly 737 which can really eat fps.
If we are I am in big trouble. I struggle to get 30 at Sydney.

How do the frames compare to the PMDG 744X? I don't have the best system, and can run the 744 with REX and ASE at around 15-20fps in the 2D cockpit, so just hoping the NGX isn't as big a frame hit as the Queen.... Cheers, Dan Biddle

Very impressed so far the fps is a good 28-35 on the ground but the mouse cursor hit is a good 10-12 Shocked.gif

Very impressed so far the fps is a good 28-35 on the ground but the mouse cursor hit is a good 10-12 Shocked.gif
What does everyone actually mean with mouse cursor... Seeing the mouse with the arrow creates a hit or...??? Cause can you then click with the mouse if you can't see it, or are there other options like a small cross or so??

I can't verify this, but it might have something to do with anti-aliasing. The panel textures being so high quality, your PC might have a hard time processing the edges of the cursor.

Cristi Neagu

CORE2DUE E8500 3.16GHZ – 8GB DDR3 – ATI HD6970 2GB – HD 500 7.200RPM with 30-60 fps. tks PMDG. =).