Sign in to follow this  
kianus

Panel and airfraft freeze.

Thank you so much guys for such a stellar product. I actually teared as I brought the systems to life at the gate. All was going fine at the gate, great performance (fps, etc) using all internal and external views all the way through startup, and the beginning of taxi. However, as stated above, all of a sudden around 5-10 minutes after loading the flight (during taxi to the RWY in both instances), everything on the plane freezes: all the controls as well as my throttle quadrant. Flaps don't work, ailerons and rudders don't work, and the PFD, NAV display, auto pilot console, are all not responsive. I have tried it twice, and it happened twice. Performance setup:Full Fuel and WeightAll system set up as per the manual System setup:Windows XP 64 bit latest SPFSX with SP2Core 2 Quad 3.0GHz4GB RAMnVidia 8800GT 1GB Name: Maijd Alaeddin
Flight plan?

Guys My problem is similiar. What happens through ther flight is taht the main window frezzes but all other undocked windows are still running and if i change the view i can even see movement and control the plane. But the main freezes and after maybe 5 - 10 minutes it comes back to life Strange

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

I've only had a little play with it this afternoon but I was also experiencing momentary freezing (about 5-10 seconds) but I'm pretty sure it was all of fsx. A thought has just occured to me whilst reading this forum. I have a autosave utility for fsx crash recovery, could this be to blame? I will disable it tomorrow and give it a try, but I thought I might suggest it for those playing tonight! Cheers Craig Baillie

Flight plan?
Hey, It happens if the FMC is programmed with flightplans (I've flown around 4 flights with this now into various airports at various times and weather) and also during some touch and goes where I had only programmed in the ILS freq and was flying Circuits... - Interesting comment from ICMC, I close FS a few minutes after this occurs as I didn't realise it eventually works again... So I don't know what it could be as it doesn't seem to crash really as FS is still running and as ICMIC just said it starts working again?N.B. I don't have any auto-saving on my FSX enabled and its a complete fresh install of Win 7 64 Bit and FSX for the NGX.

I found i alt ctrl del but do not close the program go right back to my flight and all is well. I know this is a temp fix but will keep you flying.

Flight plan?
None, VFR, KDEN-KDEN was my plan. Also, it's a permanent freeze, FSX keeps running, just not the items listed above. It's not a 5-10 second thing...

What did pages you have displayed on both CDU's?
I didn't fiddle with them at all, so the default pages I assume. However, after the freeze, I shuffled through some of the FS options and PMDG options on CDU1, but some of the selection keys seemed to bring up blank pages on the CDU.

Hi Guys...Yes everything in the aircraft freezes for me as well...and does so before I can complete thesettings in the FMC-CDU....FSX is still running..however all controls ,switches, flaps,etc.do not work, cannot even begin to setup the #1 tutorial,as it freezes...before I can finnish with the FMC-CDU, Tried to setup a normal flight...still will not let me get past setting up the FMC, All my system is setup as per the manual I have read all posts with out finding the cause, SystemWindows XP 64 Latest SPFSX SP2 Accellerationi7 980X 3.33 DDR3 6GB 1600 MHZ,2X EVGA 580 SC SLIEVGA Classified Don Nelson

I get exactly the same, even without touching the CDU or any other settings, simply having the engines running loaded up on a runway and within 2minutes the tail fin and engine cowling textures turn either grey or black, the aircraft displays, panels, switches and animations/control surfaces all freeze up shortly to be followed by an Out of Memory message. Rather odd being out of memory. Admittedly I am running Windows 7 32-bit but I have spoken to many others this evening who are also running on 32-bit with no problems.

I just got another panel freeze while trying to step through a flight plan in the Plan view mode.

Hi,Same issue. ;( Specs: Intel C²D T9600 2.80 Ghz |ATI Radeon™ HD 4650 2 GB | 4GB DDR2 800MHz | 320GB 5400rpm | FSX I'll make more tests tomorow and post things here. Bruno.

Bruno Teixeira.
W11 PRO x64 | i9 13900k | RTX4090 | 32GB DDR5 | MSFS

This has happened to me once today EGBB--->LOWW as i programmed in my arrival the whole panel froze the sim was still running but i could not control anything.I have since done a couple more flights with no problems though Straight%20Face.gif

This happens to me every time. It usually occurs roughly 3-4 minutes into starting the simulation. Yoke/throttles/etc all lock up and result in crashing. If I start the sim, walk away for a few minutes and come back (while its sitting engines idle), same freeze occurs. When I close out FSX from flying the B737, I get a Windows exception error. Never had anything quite like this with any other payware, so its an odd issue.