Sign in to follow this  
kianus

Panel and airfraft freeze.

I also had a freeze with 'Exit Hold' on the FMC but I also am getting freezes upon various phases of the flight (incl taxing) with no FMC Interaction, Patrick, you do seem correct all we have been flying is the -800 it seems, would be interesting to see if its similar results on the -900.

Right I can nail down the Exit Hold Freeze. So you enter your hold at whatever waypoint. Now when you do that, in the LEGS page, the next fix needs reinputting as the fix to go after the hold. If you sort out the legs before exiting the hold, all is fine. If you exit the hold, you have no next leg to follow (well for me anyway), when you go into your LEGS page and then set the next waypoint/fix as your next leg, it then freezes.

I also had a freeze with 'Exit Hold' on the FMC but I also am getting freezes upon various phases of the flight (incl taxing) with no FMC Interaction, Patrick, you do seem correct all we have been flying is the -800 it seems, would be interesting to see if its similar results on the -900.
Going to try it with the -900 now

I'm having the same problems, they just started for me today, yesterday everything was working fine every time. Everything that froze would be completely random each time too, first it was the 2D panel that froze, then the displays in the 3D views got stuck, then the switches on the overhead. As someone stated before me this seems to be a recurring theme with PMDG as my MD-11 does the same thing, but thankfully cycling through the views /always/ fixes the problem. No such luck on the 737 it seems, which is annoying because I can actually live with everything freezing, if the "cycle views" thing worked. I'm also using the -800WL, haven't even flown the others in a real flight situation. The only silver lining I can see is my freezing problems always happen when I'm setting up the plane, so not much of my time is lost. I would be extremely frustrated if I took off and it would freeze every time. Running: Windows 7 32-bit, Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz, 4GB RAM Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz, 2 nVidia 512MB GeForce 9800 GT's Hope this gets figured out!

- Sean Lewis

but I also am getting freezes upon various phases of the flight (incl taxing) with no FMC Interaction
Me too! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

i just got a freeze on ther -900WL of my PFD, ND, FMC flying at 37000 ft, without touching anything sad.png

I have had above described freeze once during the flight in sunset time when occurs blending textures of day and night, i assume the freeze was caused by this.I do not know is it the same, but did anybody notice the stutters of PFD when adjusting brightness of panels (not the displays)?

Since my first two attempts yesterday, I have now conducted two complete flights WITHOUT any freeze... That's a 50% success rate so far... Regardless, this is the greatest add-on imaginable! I hope the team can sort this out soon, more and more pilot's seem to be experiencing the freeze.

Captains,My name is Frank and iam from Germany. First of all, i like the pmdg products a lot. The 747x ist one of the nicest Products for the FSX. But, the 737 NGX has still a lot of problems. Especially this freeze issue. Almost erverybody i talkt to, here in Germany, has the same Problem. The panel frezzes due to work in CDU. At the moment iam flying the iFly 737 and this Plane has no problems. I hope pmdg solves this problem very quick. With a bug like this, the product ist not useable at all. Greets from Germany EDDFFRANK

Hi I have been having similar problems and started a topic called "737NGX and Windows" where I posted the following: "I have changed all my FSX settings to match those in PMDG's introduction and I have just changed the following line:"TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD_1024" to"TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD_4096"in my FSX config file also as per the instruction manual. I had previously added the “HIMEMFIX=1” line After doing this I firstly had problems with the NGX not showing in the window on the free flight page. I could not close FSX so I shut my computer down. When I restarted my computer I had a message saying that there was a problem with starting the operating system. I ran the repair window and waited. Once that was done I started FSX and chose the Trike free flight over Friday Harbour. Eventually (at least 10 mins) this flight loaded. I flew the Trike for about 20 secs; then closed the flight and FSX. I then rebooted my computer and started FSX and was able to load the NGX. I loaded the "long turn around" panel. Everything went fine and I took off and approx !0 mins into the flight my computer froze. I could not close FSX or shut my computer down. So I had to force a shut down. On restarting my computer I had the usual message saying that windows had not closed down properly and was I happy to restart windows. I pressed "any key" to continue and again had the message that there was a problem with Windows. It said that I should run a system restore so I chose a restore point just before I installed the NGX.I then decided to leave FSX alone for today. Tomorrow am going to try the same flight with my MD11X to see if I get the same problems.My concerns is why I have had all the problems listed above.Finally I have just upgraded my computer with the following:i7-2600K o.c. to 4.2GHzGigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 mother board andCorsair H70 cooler.The rest of my system is 8Gb of Corsair DDR3 ram at 1666Hz(2 matched 4Gb sticks"Nividia 280 GTX 1Gb graphics card and a 750 corsair power supply.My OS is Win 7 64 bit Home Premium which was completely reinstaled when I upgraded. FSX was then reinstalled. This computer is only used for FSX and the only add-ons so far installed are: All of UK2000 scenery airports for FSX, Traffic X by Just Flight, FS Global 2008, ,Ulimate terrian X Europe and USA, Baleriac Islands Aerosoft. Flight Sim Commander 8 and ASE and PMDG's MD11X. I also have the Go Flight module installed for my throttles etc.Sorry to have included so much information but I hope it helps." I too have tried to raise a ticket but have so far failed

This is what I got when I tried to submit a ticket on this problem

Page

/Main/frmNewTicket.aspx

MessageThe page or resource that you are accessing is unavailable or an error has occurred.This error occurred at 06/08/2011 16:10:54 and has been logged. Please contact your system administrator.

I also have had a panel freeze, during FMC interaction, typing is possible but nothing is displayed in the scratchpad. The menu buttons work just fine I can switch between all pages. The scratchpad gives the message "INVALID ENTRY" which I can't delete. Happened during route modifying. Strange thing is throttles don't work anymore but F1-F4 does work all other inputs are unresponsive. MCP seems to work, can dail in speed, heading, alt. EFIS panel works and also updates the display (range, WPT, ARPT and so on) although the aircraft is flying the position remains fixed on the display (was skidding along the ground somewhere over Rotterdam while the display still said I was above Schiphol. Then after a few minutes all my frustrated MCP input appears on the scratchpad but again can't be deleted. There I ended the flight.

Umm. had been having this same issue. Flew around to various airports using only radio nav. No crashes?. perhaps something inn the new airac 1108? Have seen this with oher developers causing similiar issues. Installed airac 1107. No lockups using FMC so far! Too early to draw a conclusion but suspect!
I also installed AIRAC 1107 but that was where I got the freeze with... Regards, Edwin Osterloh

I had the exact same issue, i was in flight from GABS to EHAM and then after take off my PFD ND froze. i suspect 3 things:- an issue with the airac 1108- a problem with the fmc- or something in relation with day night transition So what i did is that i installed the previous airac version that i had for all my airplanes: version 1105 I have read the ngx intro and my settings are set just like in the intro. plus i did the Bojote thing. My screen is 1920.1080 Spec: i5 2500k 4.8ghz, gtx 580, 8ghz ram, h70 win 7 64 sp1.I was also running ASE, EFB aivlasoft, REX Kaman BA

Hi everyone I have finally been able to submit a ticket. It will be interesting to get to the bottom of this. It's a great product so it's even more frustrating for us who have a problem.