Sign in to follow this  
kianus

Panel and airfraft freeze.

Same as others above, froze on my first visual approach with this beauty. Was taking her around the patch at TVSC, FMS all programmed for visual and using the HGS. When I tried engaging LNAV/VNAV was the first selection to not work. After that, all I could do was look around, but nothing worked. I tried cycling views but every display was frozen. Switches would move and disconnected the AP - well, it made the aural warning, but my controls were not doing anything, the plane continues in ALT and HDG SEL mode. And I don't have FSUIPC installed. Only addons are a few mil jets, REX, FTX PNW, and a couple of airports (FTP Grenadines, and Aerosoft SPZO) Besides the tweaks recommended by the PMDG intro guide, it is pretty much a vanilla FSX install. As far as peripherals I'm using trackIr5 and my joystick is the thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. On a side note, might be good if others experiencing the same issue could post their specs on their sigs.

Has anyone got UT2 installed>? Depending on the config of UT2 you will notice that around 25 nm in range of Airports there will be a slight pause to load aircraft from ai programmes on the ground.. This could be it

Nah I have no traffic addons installed.

The same problem happent to me too. If I just fly around with no plan, everything goes fine. But when i tried to fly the plan that followed with the pmdg737ngx(NGXTutorial1) it all frezzed right after take-off.

Not for me. My problems have all been early morning afternoonish.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Noah, I read your post linked above. I am getting this situation with the CDU freeze just sitting at the gate. My takeoffs have been fairly normal. It was just before landing when I experienced the same issue as you with the full aircraft freeze, just before touchdown actually, during the flare. First time I have crashed a revenue flight. LOL.gif And I am getting the CDU problems all the time now.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

hiexperienced this for the first time today-lfpg-eddf,flight plan loaded and then the vc freezes,buttons dont work at all cant zoom in and outi7-2600@3.4, gtx 590, 8 gb ram, wins 7 op,vivek anand

Routes to EDDF and to LEPA are afflicted probably is a problem with a airnav or a fix in the route

Same problem with me. Was exiting the WILLO hold at EGKK, 8000ft, and as I pressed the exit hold button it froze, few second after it froze. No traffic addons for me. Same as others, can change views etc but cannot change any dials etc. Was running 2D view at the time, but when switching to 3D cockpit it was the same. Traffic from VATSIM still displayed as moving on the TCAS though. Was also on heading select at the time and the plane just kept turning. Had done two previous flight from different airports with no problems though. Specs: Win64, i7 860, 6GB RAM, ATI HD5770, etc. Route: EIDW-EGKK

I had this issue on flight same place in the tutorial flight right after i used the fmc the green bar on it that you type into fmc was still on and my panel was froze. Opend the fmc back up and clear it and everything was back ok. hope that will help untill i did that i could not get any panels to open.

It happens with me at random phases of flight even when not touching the FMC (as others have stated) like during take off roll and landing and even taxiing at the holding point...

could it be a problem with the airac itself? just a suggestion .....
Quite possibly, but its happening at so many airports it seems...