Sign in to follow this  
kianus

Panel and airfraft freeze.

Being a software developer myself, I thought would be nice to describe all the steps that lead to a panel freeze on my system. Also, don´t be alarmed about the screenshot, it was taken when the panel froze (I use ENBSeries, so the effect was incredible: me, the crew and passengers were transported to another dimension LOL). Note that the problem occurs even with ENBSeries removed (but then we don´t see the light effect, the panel still freezes and the aircraft just continues to fly as other people already mentioned). Even with the twilightzone effect I still could hear the aircraft! Following the steps described below I always have a panel freeze. Sometimes, I don’t see the screenshot effect, the plane just continues to fly, and I don´t know what to say to my passengers (LOL). Also it is important to note: >>>>I HAVE NO ROUTE ON FMC<<<<<. I know this is a modern airliner, but I like to program the NAV RADIOS by myself most of the time. Ok, let’s go, first: 1. SYSTEM SPECS:AMD Phenon II X4 965 (No overclocks)ATI RADEON Sapphire HD 5850 (no Overclocks)Motherboard Asus Crosshair III ROGMemory 4GB Corsair DDR3Windows 7 64 Bits --- ALL PMDG RECOMMENDATIONS EXCEPT FOR TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD which is set to 1024. 2. EXACT STEPS THAT LEAD ME TO THE PROBLEM 2.1. Boot the computer, lodaded Windows.2.2 Norton AntiVirus AutoProtec: turned off until the next system restart.2.3.Start Flight Simulator X (FORGOT TO START AS ADMINISTRATOR)2.4. Configure aircraft: PDMG: 737-800NGX GOL Transportes Aereos with Winglets2.5. Configure Airport as Salgado Filho Intl. Brazil SBPA2.6. Configure Real World Weather Update 15 minutes2.7. Configure Local Time 23:372.8. Pressed “Start Flying”2.9. Airplane loads up in runway 29. I wait for PMDG System Initialization and SLEW TO RAMP (MAIN TERMINAL).2.10. Aircraft was loaded with a previous Panel State where I am with CHOCKS and ALL ground equipment SET. (External power connected).2.11. Lowered Capt. Virtual Yoke to achieve better panel visualization.2.12 Pulled FMC: Loaded new panel state: “cold and dark” by PMDG.2.13. Wait again for PMDG Initialization... 20 seconds.Bear with me now cause I lknow I am not exactly following the correct aircraft startup sequence procedure. I am not a real pilot AND It is been a while since I am away from simulation (more than 1 years), and I don´t remember everything (I need to study aircraft systems again). Lets go: 2.14. FMC - Connected external power, airconditioning, etc.2.15 .Turned on BAT.2.16. External power ON.2.17 Turned on all panel lights (NOT BACKGROUND LIGHTS , I dont like it).2.18 Seatbelts and No Smoking On.2.19 Both IRS to ATT2.20 Started to hear an alarm, since I am incompetent LOL... OK I GOT IT: Stand by power to AUTO, KNOB CLOSED.2.21. All fuel PUMPS ON2.22. FMC : PAYLOAD SET TO RANDOM2.23 FMC: FUEL SET TO 2/32.24 APU START2.25 While APU starting set ignition to BOTH2.26. APU ON: APU GEN ENGAGED2.27 APU BLEED ON AND PACKS TO AUTO2.28 FMC: REMOVE ALL GROUND EQUIPMENT by removing the CHOCKS2.29. PACKS OFF, ISOLATION TO AUTO.2.30. ENGINE 1 START, OK Starting, looks good.2.31. Called for standard pushback via FMC.2.32. Parking breaks released.2.33. The guys are pushing me back now, starting number 2.2.34. Push back is done.2.35. Setting parking breaks...2.36. ELEC HYDR. PUMPS ON.2.39 . PACKS AUTO. ENGINE BLEEDS ON, APU BLEED OFF.2.40. TURBINE GEN BOTH ON. APU OFF.2.41. YAW DUMPER ON2.42. RECIRC FAN AUTO.2.43 TAXI LIGHTS, NAV, STROBE, ALL ON.2.44. FLAPS 15 SET2.45. RELEASE Parking Brakes, taxing to runway 29.2.46. Ok. Applied brakes, middle throthle, release brakes, full throttle in 2 seconds…2.47. V1 about 135 knots, rolling…2.48: Panel crashes, screenshot: twilightzone.jpg

Interesting... the screenshot shows as if the differential brakes were applied.... I wonder why.

I have three monitors for my main view and a 4th to put my 2D panel on. I find if I have the VC in the top 3 screens, the bottom 2d main panel does not work. I'm not sure if this is related to this string but it has to do with a panel not working.

I think you captured evidence that a ghost is in fact causing these freeze ups!

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

I'm curious if the people who are having these panel and control freezes are at one point or another utilizing or viewing the 2D panel at any point. I had a panel/control freeze once and since that time made it a point to avoid the 2D panel altogether. I also make it a point to load in VC view. Weird graphics issues were happening when switching from 2D to VC. No freezes since that time and have had a marathon session of flights without incident. Not sure if this is the issue, but seemed to help me.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Hey Bill thanks. I always start in VC you know that plus the .ini was allowed to rebuild from the get go...
Where do you find the FSUIPC.ini? Thanks

Where do you find the FSUIPC.ini? Thanks
In the FSX Modules folder. Dylan, I pretty much only use the 2 D panel except for when I have to start the engines and set takeoff trim as there is no 2D throttle quadrant.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Dylan, The only 2D panels that I use constantly are the MCP and CDU popouts. Undocked, and placed on my second monitor.

In the FSX Modules folder. Dylan, I pretty much only use the 2 D panel except for when I have to start the engines and set takeoff trim as there is no 2D throttle quadrant.
There is no .ini file in the modules folder, just a .dll file!

I only fly in VC. Other then the 2d CDU pop-up, but even thats rare as I mostly just zoom in on the VC CDU for use.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

There should be a FSUIPC4.ini in the Modules folder along with the FSUIPC4.dll. It is written when you first start the sim. If it isn't there, start the sim and then check back. I am tlaking about Program Files/.../Microsoft Games/Modules folder of course.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

i realy hope i found it now, what caused it for mee and hope it might bee the same you experince. I tryeid check many things but found in the saved files that FSUIPC saved many files and that som of them was from when the plane freeze. then i found that autosave was on, then i turned it off and just made a short flight whit out any freeze so hope thats it. just stupid i dident notice it before.

I never use the 2D panels, VC only and the CTD have occurred, so the issue is still not pinpointed.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Panel Freezed twice today. Was just crusing at FL350 to KSLC and I clicked to step through my plan to double check my STAR and freeze. The MCP still worked but the FMC wouldnt show holds or fuel on the Progress page. I7 2600K 4.5Ghz2x580sli LightingsAW1200W Corsair1600 Ram Stock timingsRaid 0 VelociraptorsWin 7 SP1 The OC is 36 hr P95 Stable and 20 hour IBT stable. I also fold on this machine for days and its stable has to be something with the plane.

had the same problem. Acft was in a 20 deg left bank at FL330. All instruments indicated straight and level. All switches were click-able, however had no effect on the airplane. I was able to change views. After cancelling the flight and shutting down fsx I got a lot of system32 errors indicating to my squawkbox. Restarted fsx and started flight again but this time with FSinn. Had no problems.