Sign in to follow this  
1kris007

Frame Rates compared to the -400X?

If your computer can run 747-400X smoothly, then probably you would have no problems with the NGX. As the VC is very detailed, I have a less FPS compared the the 747.
Roy, Since the NGX has more detail, do you think your FPS would improve if you were to upgrade to a 1GB video card ? Not suggesting that you do this, just trying to understand what the limiting resource is....video storage, video processing power, other ? ThanksZach

zachlog

I believe I get the infamous "mouse lag" as well. For the exterior view and 2D, it runs great, better than the 747X (I have a lower end system). But after playing around with the systems on the ground at Renton, I get 10-17 fps -- weird I thought considering my less optimized LD767 and QW 757 run much better on the ground there (anywhere). But I think the mouse problem might be causing some of that. But compared the 747X in the cockpit, pretty similar. I followed the introduction manual to pretty much no avail in terms of a performance boost. My specs are: Dell Inspiron 537; Intel 2 Core Duo @ 2.93; 4GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 4350; Windows 7 64 bit The whole thing is amazing but I am getting worse fps than I thought.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

I m going to purchase the NGX this weekend, and I was just wondering if someone that also owns the 747-400X could comment on how the frame rates compare between the two products? Just trying o figure out what to expect. With the -400X I get about 25-60 frames per second depending on the airport, and 10 frames at worst, so I would be delighted if the 737NGX performed even better!
Actually the NG is much better on frame rates in all panels. As long as you 'tweak' (Bojote's Tweak) your FS correctly this birdie runs like a dream. Seriously I have not picked up MSFS in over a year and hand flying the NGX is a dream come true for me. It's incredible to behold. http://i51.tinypic.com/sc527o.jpg

I'm having the mouse lag, sorry to resurect.Does anyone know a fix?
Same here :(

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

I do not think there is a mouse lag fix. We have seen this with other payware. Other vbendors ahve looked for a fix. I have another monitor that I place the mouse to that does elinate lag however, my system is smooth no matter where the mouse is. Is your system smooth? If so, I would leave the frame rate counter off and just enjoy the sim. What interests me is PMDG in their pre-realease liturature said there would not be a mouse lag. Good luck,

That is exactly what I get but it is smooth so I do not really care what the numbers are.

I get about 25FPS without mouse, with it it dips to about 17.
Can someone explain what the mouse lag thing is? I thought I knew what it was, but when I tested it I don't get the massive FPS drop others seem to.

I think i'm going to take a chance and just buy it tomorrow. I'll never know what i'm going to get until i see it for myself. Hoping for the best, who knows it may work out great :) I run the -400X perfectly with no problems so i'm hoping for the same with the NGX. A little nervous though, but excited none-the-less! Had my first few flights planned out months agoThanks for the help everyone, i'll let you guys know how it works out.

Based on my system specs in my sig, how would my system handle the NGX? I'm considering buying it, but if performance is bad, I will definitely not.
Your laptop has even better specs than mine. My specs are in my signature. I was able to run NGX smoothly (using the 2D cockpit).
Roy, Since the NGX has more detail, do you think your FPS would improve if you were to upgrade to a 1GB video card ? Not suggesting that you do this, just trying to understand what the limiting resource is....video storage, video processing power, other ? ThanksZach
I am planning to upgrade to 1GB video card to maximize performance. Video memory is really important when running FSX.