Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kgmrfresh

NGX no buttons and screens!

My NGX has no buttons, textures, or displays. The only thing that works right now is the sound. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times today. I havent even seen any where to put an activation code that everyone is talking about. After I ran the installer it says its successfully installed. I have no clue what to do. Ive sent a support question but with no response. Any ideas? here are some pics. Kyle Greene

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First of all, did you install while logged in as "Administrator"? You should also run FSX as "Administrator". Secondly, there are no pictures in your post. Finally, you should send in a support ticket at the PMDG website. That will get you speedy assistance.

When you start FSX you get serveral pop-up's. Accept all of them, then select the PMDG 737NGX in your aircraft menu and a pop-up should come with a activation menu. There you insert your 24 digit serial you recived via email and you should be fine.

I didn't recieve any pop ups when I started FSX. I have the activation code but have not seen anywhere to put is and I did send in a service request but have not received anything. I ran the installer and fsx as an administrator. It wont let me post the pictures. HELP

That should be something with your system i suppose, did the installer finish normaly? Either way i would recommend to make a ticket at PMDG.

The installer said it installed correctly. It installed the direct X afterward too. That was all it did. I didn't receive any more pop ups and any place to put the activation key.

Same here for me ..... no activation window :-( black screen´s no button´s ! ........ bit anoying but hope that the pmdg team is replay my support ticket soon :-)

If you didn't get the activation window then that's the problem. You need to uninstall and reinstall. Won't work until you activate.

Done it like u said, removed all the stuff ... regestry entries ... ALL folders ..... clean the reg with a cleaner. After that i installed the NGX with admin rights und stratet fsx with rights too .... but still no window ?! EDIT: Can the Activation window opend manually ??

I got the same problem no activation window after i installed the NGX. I re-installed the NGX 3 times and even re-installed Windows XP and FSX. But still no activation window! I might try and download the package again from PMDG and then see if it works. Hell this is anoying Jason Richards

I have the same problem.Rolling%20Eyes.gifI am running the programs as administrator.I have uninstalled and re-installed both PMDG 737 ngx and FSX all to no avail..There is no activation window.RegardsTertius

I had a similar problem - my DLL.XML file was corrupted, fixing it made the problem go away. There's a guide on the PMDG Support Knowledge Base to walk you through fixing it. Robert Ewing

OK Guys, cant fix it until now ..... but i saw in my "default.xml" there where a few entries to PMDG\DLLs\Hud_Interface.dll and so on .... like 4 dll files ...... in my default.xml all where listen in de PMDG\DLL´s folder ..... but i have only the hudinterface there ... cant find a PMDGSound.dll , PMDGOptions.dll and all others anybody noticed the same ??? Any solution to fix ? maybe thats the problem with the activation screen ?!

it would be nice when somewhone could send me the DLL files ... hope this is "Legal" ?

thank you chiswick72 for your Help. Installed both ..... but nothing ?! i am out of ideas ...

Thanks for trying. Have you submitted a support ticket? This issue may require the support team's attention. Thanks,

Hi Guys don't know if this helps but i saw someone mention in the general forum that they re-installed fsx to a directory other than Program Files X86 Eg C:Fsx and removed the UIAutomation.dll seems to have solved the activation window not working for them. Also ensure you do everything as an Administrator. Good Luck hope you get flying soon.

well, i use windows 7 64 bit and when I start FSX i loaded default aircraft first, mine was cesna after that i choosed PMDG and it was loading black screen and i minimize the window the FSX window and there it is activation window came up, so you should try this.

Thanks guys for your help i submitted my support ticket 2 days ago, no response until now, but thats okay i know you guys have much to do :-) @ Vf767 I installed my FSX to an seperate harddrive so its not on C:, i searched for the UIAutomation.dll in fsx root folder but did not found anything ..... only a dll thats called UIAutomationcore.dll renamed als .old RESULT: no activation window @infantry1id Done the same as you said ... but i cant even see a "black" windows there is actually nothing ..... Please more sulutions ! :-)

I looked in my Support ticket and saw this:---------------------------------------------------------------- Julian,Sorry for the delay in responding.We have a handful of customers not seeing the activation window. We're working on an external tool that will allow the plane to activate, but it likely won't be ready until tomorrow or Sunday. I will get back to you with it then once we have it. Sorry for the inconvenience.Can you tell me what's running on your system as far as security software, language version of Windows, any unusual programs or hardware etc? We're trying to understand what causes this.Ryan MaziarzTechnical SupportPMDG Simulations, LLC. www.precisionmanuals.com ------------------------------------------ That are some great news !!! ..... but when anybody know how to solve it right now .... that would be awesome :-) PS: great Support PMDG ! and all others !

Any update on this issue? I have the same problem and can't recall the activation screen, i also cannot see the fan blades or spinner cone :( RegardsTawanda